• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gorillaz-Humanz |OT| After All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleman

Thinking about catching their festival set Friday but also planning on seeing them in Amsterdam in November for the real deal.

Kinda feel like Friday might spoil the magic of the full thing though

Nelo Ice

Banned
Just got tickets for the SF show in Oct!. Was so tempted to splurge just to see them at Outside Lands but glad I got a discount technically to see them on their own. Also Vince Staples and Danny Brown are opening.

Excited for the Detroit show on Monday! I saw the post a few pages back of the Merch situation at the Demon Dayz festival, but wondered if that's indicative of what they bring to the regular tour dates? Did they have any vinyl for sale?

DKFFft6WsAErLh6.jpg:large

Apparently, this is last night's setlist from Detroit. Superfast Jellyfish!

No She's My Collar, though ...

I was pretty psyched when De La Soul came out and they did Superfast Jellyfish. What a great show.

Right?! I was laughing in excited disbelief. Such an amazing show. So glad I finally got the chance to live that dream.

Can't wait to hear all about it, and I'm super excited about the Seattle show on the 30th. Let us know what the merch situation is like!

They had shirts of the album art (and the remix covers), as well as individual band member shirts (you can see some of those here: http://us.gfoot.store/). Humanz standard edition vinyl/CD, concert posters of the album art with tour dates, a G foot pin, a set of four pins of each member, hats and beanies, socks, and Noodles heart shaped sunglasses from the album art.

Matriox

Can't wait to hear all about it, and I'm super excited about the Seattle show on the 30th. Let us know what the merch situation is like!

Incredible show for sure. A little bummed they didn't play Submission or Momentz (even though de la soul were there live lol), but overall a solid playlist. In regards to merchandise, I didn't read about the situation earlier to know what the issue was but it seemed like they had a lot of stuff. The post above mentioned the specifics, and it seemed like they had a lot.

Only real bummer for me was We Got The Power(the audio seemed off for some reason, but maybe it was my ears because I went back and heard someone else's recording and it didn't sound as jarring as it felt live) and busted and blue (sorry, don't really like that song.. Can't seem to get into it). Oh and the transition from Feel Good Inc. having De La Soul followed by Clint Eastwood without Del seemed weird to me. I was stoked that he may have been there, but nope.

I was a little worried about Sex Murder Party, but live it was a lot of fun. Absolutely loved everything else though. Holy Shit I hadn't heard Garbage Palace yet by Little Simz, but that song was fucking crazy. Ascension, Super Fast Jellyfish, Strobelite was nuts and Peven slayed for Stylo. Absolutely amazing show!

That's pretty similar to my setlist, so looks like they're not changing it up too much.

Listened to Humanz for the first time in a while this morning and i'm glad I did after taking a break from it because, it sounds a lot like and fits right in with Gorillaz other output.

Anyone here attend the show with the VIP package? Curious as to what I can expect from that experience.
I did.
You get to get to the concert extra early to wait in line for a few hours, get a shirt and a VIP lanyard, go see sound check, get BACK in line until the show starts, then be let in slightly earlier than everyone else to go buy merch and get to the front.

Its not too great tbh
Edit: also if you want to get to the front you better hurry your ass up after sound check is finished because the line resets and they don't care who originally got in line first.

I did.
You get to get to the concert extra early to wait in line for a few hours, get a shirt and a VIP lanyard, go see sound check, get BACK in line until the show starts, then be let in slightly earlier than everyone else to go buy merch and get to the front.

Its not too great tbh
Edit: also if you want to get to the front you better hurry your ass up after sound check is finished because the line resets and they don't care who originally got in line first.

Do the VIP group get a barricaded off special section at the front of GA?

Whoa, I had never heard garage palace before, I really wish they would have played it in KC tonight.

The show was amazing though, definitely worth $65 dollars. 30 minutes of Vince Staples, 30 minutes of Danny Brown, then 2 hours of Gorillaz was amazing.

Driving up to Seattle this afternoon for tomorrow night's concert! Bringing the 13 year old for his first-ever concert, so should be an excellent time.

overcast

Seeing them Thursday in LA, anyone got a link to exactly what merch they'll have on sale? Trying to plan ahead.

Wondering if Danny Brown and Vince Staples will have some too since they're opening. I'm sure they will.

Seeing them Thursday in LA, anyone got a link to exactly what merch they'll have on sale? Trying to plan ahead.

Wondering if Danny Brown and Vince Staples will have some too since they're opening. I'm sure they will.
I'll take some photos tonight, and I assume it'll be pretty similar.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Never been to the Key arena. What’s the general vibe of bringing bags in? I’ve got like a phone recharging power pack and a water bottle. Should I drop those off at my Air bnb or am I good?

Never been to the Key arena. What’s the general vibe of bringing bags in? I’ve got like a phone recharging power pack and a water bottle. Should I drop those off at my Air bnb or am I good?
No bottles allowed, and they'll search the bag, but power pack should be fine.

Bob White

Didnt know so many gaffers were heading to this! I'm in line now. Cant fucking wait. While I'm hyped to see the whole gorillaz live band, I'm just as hyped to finally see Damon live.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
If anyone could snag me a murdoc sweater in XL that would Ben appreciated. I just spent half an hour in line to find out they didn’t even stock XL at that booth. I’ll pay five bucks over asking price. PM me here and we can link up after the show.

Christ, that sure was a show.

More details tomorrow, but shout out to the Stylo-era 2D cosplayer. Costume/makeup was legit.

Gorillaz soundchecked a brand new "country song" called Idaho today

He stopped halfway through the performance, and started it completely over. I... could do without ever hearing it again.

EDIT: Fans of The Fall will adore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom