• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DCTV: Crisis on Earth-X Announced as 2017 Arrowverse Crossover

Penguin

We're fighting Nazis!

crisis-on-earth-x-poster.jpg

”We conceived this year's crossover to be evocative of the annual Justice League/Justice Society crossovers we grew up with and looked forward to as kids," executive producers Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg said in a joint statement. ”Phil was the perfect choice to bring the comic book cover iteration of this idea to life. You can count on one hand the number of artists who could compellingly represent so many characters in a single image. Phil is one of them. And his design invokes the cover of Justice League #207, which was the 20th annual JLA/JSA crossover. Our 10-year-old selves are in heaven."

The CW’s fall Arrowverse crossover will draw inspiration from DC Comics’ annual Justice League/Justice Society team-ups for a four-night event called “Crisis on Earth-X.”

Warner Bros. Television announced the name of the event this afternoon with the unveiling of a custom comic book cover by artist Phil Jimenez that evokes those DC crossovers of yesteryear. The image was accompanied by the logline, “With all of the heroes in town to celebrate Barry and Iris’s wedding, villains from Earth-X crash the festivities with a deadly agenda.”

Before the events of DC’s Crisis on Infinite Earths, Earth-X was a parallel world in which Germany won World War II. It was home to such former Quality Comics heroes as Plastic Man and the Freedom Fighters (Uncle Sam, Phantom Lady, The Ray, Doll Man, et al).

“We conceived this year’s crossover to be evocative of the annual Justice League/Justice Society crossovers we grew up with and looked forward to as kids,” executive producers Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg said in a joint statement. “Phil was the perfect choice to bring the comic book cover iteration of this idea to life. You can count on one hand the number of artists who could compellingly represent so many characters in a single image. Phil is one of them. And his design invokes the cover of Justice League #207, which was the 20th annual JLA/JSA crossover. Our 10-year-old selves are in heaven.”

Last year’s Arrowverse crossover, “Invasion,” brought together the stars of Arrow, The Flash, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl for a story inspired by the 1988 DC Comics event of the same name.

This year’s four-part crossover will air across two nights, beginning Monday, Nov. 27, with Supergirl and Arrow (on a special night for one week only), and concluding Tuesday, Nov. 28, with The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow.

Viewt

So no Black Lightning tie-in this year? I know his show is supposed to take place on a different Earth, but that doesn't seem to stop Supergirl. It'd be nice if they brought in the whole family.

EDIT: Wait, is that supposed to be Iris in the front? That doesn't look anything like her.

Mr. Terrific? He's in CW land? Since when?

So no Black Lightning tie-in this year? I know his show is supposed to take place on a different Earth, but that doesn't seem to stop Supergirl. It'd be nice if they brought in the whole family.

Probably, because they are shot in different locations, i think

- J - D -

Wish they didn't use the "Crisis" titling for Crisis on Earth-X and save that for a larger crossover event that better fits the lineage of its namesake (Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, etc)..

edit: yes, I know there were Crisis on Earth-One, Earth-Two.

GulAtiCa

EDIT: Wait, is that supposed to be Iris in the front? That doesn't look anything like her.

That doesn't even air till early next year.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
This might seem controversial, but I'm going out on a limb and saying there are basically too many superhero shows.

Kaiterra

Banned
Nazis got so much hate they'll cross universes to stop an interracial wedding.

Wish they didn't use the "Crisis" titling for Crisis on Earth-X and save that for a larger crossover event that better fits the lineage of its namesake (Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, etc)..

I mean COIE took its title from the format of a bunch of previous crossovers that were pretty similar to this.

Wild Dog? He's in the CW shows now? Shit, they're digging deep.

That's how it started: Crisis on Earth-2, on Earth-1, on Multiple Earths, etc. And eventually we got Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Viewt

This might seem controversial, but I'm going out on a limb and saying there are basically too many superhero shows.

There certainly are a lot, but the Arrowverse shows are giving us better stories than the DCEU movies at this point, so as a big fan of the comics, I'm willing to live in this new saturated age.

Wild Dog? He's in the CW shows now? Shit, they're digging deep.

Wild Dog was EASILY the best Season 5 addition they made to Arrow. Love that dude.

From 1963 to 1985 the term "crisis" was used to describe the annual events in which the Justice League of America of Earth-One and the Justice Society of America of Earth-Two met and worked together, usually in an incident involving one or more of the parallel worlds of the DC Multiverse.

Dalek

Looks like I need to get caught up on Arrow Season 5. I dropped it after S4 but I've read so many positive things about it.

That poster is lit

also if you look closely, Captain Cold is in there too

tumblr_inline_ou4zl8qXVQ1udjohg_540.gif

He's the greatest. I wish he would come back to Legends.

This tying into their Freedom Fighters animated show if The Ray is showing up? Featuring Nazi Barry, Nazi Ollie, and Nazi Kara

Man I wasn't aware of this-looks great.

- J - D -

I mean COIE took its title from the format of a bunch of previous crossovers that were pretty similar to this.

That's how it started: Crisis on Earth-2, on Earth-1, on Multiple Earths, etc. And eventually we got Crisis on Infinite Earths.

That's fine, I just hope it builds to something larger and isn't just a one-off usage, which given the difficulty of arranging and scheduling these crossover events I'm worried it won't go anywhere else after this.

Going by that poster, Flash is going to get outcostumed by another speedster.
Guess they don't care that Flash is literally the worst costume design on his own show.

Top Bottom