• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (PS3/4/Vita/360/XB1/WiiU/PC) Kickstarter [800K/400K Funded]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Don't forget that the series isn't really that popular, and neither is the dev.

To be fair, aside from the outlier that is MN9, Shantae has spent a lot of the past few days as thee most popular kickstarter. Still dwarfs a lot of the other runners up in the top charts.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
+$20,000 in just the last day. If that rate keeps up, we should get at least get one more bonus chapter before the kickstarter ends and the PayPal campaign begins. Awesome.

mao2

Hyper Light Drifter has tons of publicity. I've even seen comic artists spread the word about that one.
I wish they'd help us promote this game as well... :/

6d66efdfe96a4e00e84a5e1904be5e7b_large.png

Also, I finally ended up putting down $15 now.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/614365

Update #31 FREE! Backer Exclusive Costume!

Lx9SG2E.png

We’d like to thank everyone who’s helped fund this game by offering this Backer Exclusive “Blue” Costume, free of charge. If you’ve backed at $12 or above (tiers that include the game), you will receive one download code per copy of the game you’ve reserved. For those who are planning to increase their pledge and receive multiple copies of the game, you’ll get an equal number of Blue Costume codes.

Why blue? When Shantae was pitched for Super Nintendo Entertainment System and PC for the very first time, Shantae wore a red outfit that eventually upgraded to a triumphant blue near the end of the adventure. It seems fitting that we celebrate the success of this campaign by letting Shantae proudly strut her stuff in this heroic color scheme for the very first time! Together we accomplished something that was not possible before, so wear your Shantae Blue proudly!

We’re in the last leg of this fantastic journey, with only THREE DAYS to go! Please help us spread the message to anyone who has yet to pledge!
I think I like the blue outfit better than red. Also, Shantae in her pajamas is way too cute!

Jawmuncher

Im just using this Kickstarter thread as a Shantae thread since it fits the topic.

I've been playing the GBC and I have to say I am absolutely in love with the animations especially the music that plays while dancing.
A bit sad it doesn't seem to be in the DSiware game. Aside from that I have to say I must be playing the GBC game wrong because i'm getting lost and getting my ass kicked. I never knew the game would open up the way it does. I assumed it was just a straight platformer. Not to say that is a bad thing by any means though. Just I might have to get a guide on this one, unless anyone has tips and such.

I'm definitely considering bumping up my donation from $15 to a higher level, but it would be a lot easier to do if the rewards were bumped up a bit. I don't find myself listening much to the hundreds of game soundtracks I have from humble bundles, and I don't see myself listening to this one either, but the soundtrack AND artbook at $25 would be easy for me to convince myself to go for. $35 just feels higher than I want to go unless we were to get all the stretch goal levels.

That said, if all the $12 and $15 backers paid an extra $10, it would add an extra $63,000.

Im just using this Kickstarter thread as a Shantae thread since it fits the topic.

I've been playing the GBC and I have to say I am absolutely in love with the animations especially the music that plays while dancing.
A bit sad it doesn't seem to be in the DSiware game. Aside from that I have to say I must be playing the GBC game wrong because i'm getting lost and getting my ass kicked. I never knew the game would open up the way it does. I assumed it was just a straight platformer. Not to say that is a bad thing by any means though. Just I might have to get a guide on this one, unless anyone has tips and such.

i got lost a few times, too! also couldn't believe, that an gbc game looked THAT good

NEO0MJ

To be fair, aside from the outlier that is MN9, Shantae has spent a lot of the past few days as thee most popular kickstarter. Still dwarfs a lot of the other runners up in the top charts.

Oh, it's making good money, but it won't exceed a million, I think. It might reach Skullgirls levels.

FoxSpirit

We will see. After MN9 ends, people will maybe turn their eyes on Shantae. Too bad wallets will be a bit dry.

Still, glad it's already funded.

NotLiquid

Blue is my favorite color <3

Girlfriend and I made a $370 pledge. Looking forward to the game now that its funded, hope some stretch goals can be met.

Meia

Sigh, alright, fine, just pledged at the $55 level. Having three kickstarters end like this this close together freaking HURTS.

Yazuka

I've put in $15 myself. Wish I could give more, would have liked to have that coin. But alas, my economy won't allow it right now. Gotta take it easy with the money.
But it feels great to have backed this and I'm glad I'll be getting the blue clothes, she looks much better in blue.

I'm thinking of dropping out of Mighty No. 9 and upping my pledge here.

I'm morally against it, but I still can't help but want the stupid Tinkerbat transformation.

MicH

Finally decided to back this project with $25 for the OST. Hopefully we reach a few more stretch goals even though it seems pretty unlikely beyond the $600k one

FoxSpirit

I'm thinking of dropping out of Mighty No. 9 and upping my pledge here.

I'm morally against it, but I still can't help but want the stupid Tinkerbat transformation.
Why? Might No. 9 is funded as hell and we are basically bartering for an extra slice of cheese in our tripple cheese deluxe ultra menu.

In Shantae, we are scraping our pennies to upgrade from a single burger to at least get a coke and small fries on the side. You did the right thing, son. Or daughter. But you did the right thing.

Why? Might No. 9 is funded as hell and we are basically bartering for an extra slice of cheese in our tripple cheese deluxe ultra menu.
I meant that I'm morally against having exclusive in-game content hidden behind high-dollar backer tiers. It's gross and predatory. But I LOVE Shantae and yeah, it needs a little boost. Ugh.

Soo... while the new 3ds one has all kind of pirate stuff and upgrading gear, whats the bulletpoints for this game? Besides new art style, there doesn't seem to be much 'new' with the other games.

Bossking

Banned
Reworked dance system.

The game has an engine, some art, and not much else at this point. Can't expect too many details right now.

RuinKaos

I backed at $60 and I am sad to see the later stretch goals like voice acting and cutscenes are not likely to be reached.

Hopefully the 700,000k tier is reached I am really liking the Mighty Switch Force costume.

Maedhros

I want to see Pirate's Curse being announced on PC too. I mean, we'll get the second game, makes sense right? I think Pirate's Curse is temporary exclusive though.

Hopefully the 700,000k tier is reached I am really liking the Mighty Switch Force costume.
Matt Bozon basically said the Kickstarter funds guarantee what they can make, but that they will try to continue to add to the game with their own funds as they would like with any if their original games. He specifically called out the Patty Wagon costume as something he didn't want to leave behind.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I jumped in on this, Mighty No. 9 and Hyper Light Drifter all today. Woo!

Most of it already posted ,but to be complete:

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/615697

Update #32 New Backer-Only Content: Hyper Light Drifter!

We have only 68 hours (or so) left in our Shantae: Half-Genie Hero campaign… but we've still got a few surprises in store. Today we’re pleased to announce that we've teamed-up with Heart Machine, developer of Hyper Light Drifter!

jaQ0lG3.png

Check out their Kickstarter page to see a brand new quest added to Hyper Light Drifter featuring a cameo by Shantae’s arch nemesis Risky Boots! What?! Not only that...for our Backers, we’ve got an an Exclusive Risky Boots Quest featuring "Drifter". Any pledge of $12 or higher (any amount that gets the game) will automatically earn you a download code for this Backer Exclusive side quest in Half-Genie Hero!

3rfcTPV.png

Details: Risky Boots is searching high and low for the magical artifacts she needs to enter the Genie Realm and destroy the do-gooding Shantae once and for all. She soon crosses paths with a wandering stranger named “Drifter”. By fulfilling Drifter’s Quest, Risky Boots will gain the Drifter Blade, a brand new weapon with special properties designed in collaboration with Alexander Preston, creator of Hyper Light Drifter!

Just like the Blue Shantae Costume, this is backer exclusive. And if you’ve already pledged at $12 or above, this content is FREE! You’ll be given one download code for every game you pre-order.

The Kickstarter community just keeps getting better! Check out Hyper Light Drifter right here and consider contributing to this exciting new project:

Live Stream with Jake Kaufman: 5:00 today!

Today at 5:00 PM PDT, Jake Kaufman will begin the task of writing Shantae: Half-Genie Hero's soundtrack by composing the first in-game music right before your eyes. You'll get to watch his screen, see and hear everything he does in real-time, and chat with him as he creates original themes from scratch, and talks about the tools and techniques he's using. Don't miss this rare glimpse into Jake's creative process -- tune in at: twitch.tv/wayforwardtv,
and get ready to dance in your chair!

Okay, that (and the blue costume) pushed me over the line.

I dropped my Mighty No. 9 pledge and switched my early adopter pledge here to the $60 tier.

Boogiepop

Finally got around to playing some of the GBC game, and though I didn't think it was perfect, I think I'm probably in for this one. Now to decide how much a soundtrack and/or artbook matters to me here...

Finally got around to playing some of the GBC game, and though I didn't think it was perfect, I think I'm probably in for this one. Now to decide how much a soundtrack and/or artbook matters to me here...
Risky's Revenge is probably much closer to what this will be, give that a shot (it's free on iOS right now if you don't want to drop the $10 on DSiWare) if you're hesitating.

Live Stream with Jake Kaufman live now.

Today at 5:00 PM PDT, Jake Kaufman will begin the task of writing Shantae: Half-Genie Hero's soundtrack by composing the first in-game music right before your eyes. You'll get to watch his screen, see and hear everything he does in real-time, and chat with him as he creates original themes from scratch, and talks about the tools and techniques he's using. Don't miss this rare glimpse into Jake's creative process -- tune in and get ready to dance in your chair!

Stream: twitch.tv/wayforwardtv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom