• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games journalist (also a gaf member?) suspected in murder suicide

Swat

A Hero's Hero!
That's terrible, my condolences. Those kinds of situations can put you in a twisted state of mind, I only wish he had a stronger network of friends.. or family.. or something to help him through what was happening.

Oh, and GAF's ads couldn't be more.. inappropriate for this thread.

gaf.jpg

jax (old)

Banned
YakiSOBA said:
That's awful, he has no right to take another life. Just because his life was down the shit hole doesn't mean he should have killed his ex-wife's too... total bull!

Hope the murderer burns in hell, hope victims family sues the shit for emotional damages.

Condolences go out to the victim's family ONLY.

IAWTP.

some of you guys expressing your outrage at his post... think about this. What if it was your sister/mom/etc etc who got murdered...

MURDERED.

this is sad and all but really. The guy is getting way too much sympathies. I get that the loss of life and how it ended is sad but he's going to hell for sure. Murder + suicide? No RIP for him.

and why is this in gaming? Can I game this?

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Valcrist said:
None of us will ever know what events passed, or what led up to it. Some people need to step down from their self-rightous high horses.
But, I do know that both families will have to live with the pain this has left them.

I offer my condolences to all those invovled and those who will be affected.

It wouldn't change anything. No matter what happened, it's just terrible. My condolences to the families.

darscot

zon said:
Yeah, some men who otherwise have been good and nice people in general will completely lose it if they find out their wife has been cheating on them or divorces them. Crimes of passion are tragic things :|

When you wait a year it doesn't qualify as a crime of passion. This sounds a lot more like mental illness or he was just selfish prick.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Jax said:
IAWTP.

some of you guys expressing your outrage at his post... think about this. What if it was your sister/mom/etc etc who got murdered...

MURDERED.

this is sad and all but really. The guy is getting way too much sympathies. I get that the loss of life and how it ended is sad but he's going to hell for sure. Murder + suicide? No RIP for him.

and why is this in gaming? Can I game this?

No. People aren't being sympathetic for him they are being sympathetic towards his family. His parents have suffered a loss here too and there is no reason people shouldn't be somewhat sympathetic towards them.

YakiSOBA said:
That's awful, he has no right to take another life. Just because his life was down the shit hole doesn't mean he should have killed his ex-wife's too... total bull!

Hope the murderer burns in hell, hope victims family sues the shit for emotional damages.

Condolences go out to the victim's family ONLY.

I don't don't get this. Yeah He's fucked up for taking someone else life, but his family must be devastated also.

Condolences to both surviving families.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Jax said:

Not for him, dude. His family. His family has to live with the fact that this guy they loved was a monster that killed someone else and offed himself. Thats a pretty big weight.

jay

NinjaFridge said:
No. People aren't being sympathetic for him they are being sympathetic towards his family. His parents have suffered a loss here too and there is no reason people shouldn't be somewhat sympathetic towards them.

Honestly there isn't anything wrong with feeling sympathy for him as well. Being able to separate the horrible actions and from the people underneath is part of what humanity is about.

jay said:
Honestly there isn't anything wrong with feeling sympathy for him as well. Being able to separate the horrible actions and from the people underneath is part of what humanity is about.
Yeah, the guy was obviously sick. It's normal to feel pity for him while still condemning his actions.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
NinjaFridge said:

I agree with this. I am sympathetic to the families, friends and everyone that knew the two people involved. It always angers me when there is a murder-suicide. Unless you both are dying of some terminal illness and decide to do that, then okay. But to kill another because you don't have the will to live is pretty low on the totem pole. Either way, he was in a dark place to do this.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
jay said:

I agree but i just want to hear more first. If he did it due to depression that i do feel sympathy for him but if he did it for revenge or something similar then y'know fuck him.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
NinjaFridge said:

Not just that, but blaming people who had nothing to do with what happened is retarded thinking.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
For a second I thought it said his gaf handle was dementia and my hard skipped a beat. One of my favorite posters.

But still, my heart goes out to his and her family.

Zenith

Banned
artredis1980 said:
he committed suicide so he was not thinking straight mentally so we shouldnt lay on him if he murdered his wife. He did not get the mental help he required. its the system that got to both of them

He took a gun with him before he got in the car which means it would count as pre-meditated in a court of law, and not a "crime of passion". Blaming the "system" for murdering your wife? What warped morals you have.

Seriously! From a lot of the comments people have made, you'd think they never stepped a foot outside their doorsteps and interacted with living, breathing human beings.

Joke post? This isn't something ambiguous like breaking into your ex-wife's house to get your perceived possessions back. You're posturing yourself as worldly and above it all in order to defend murder. M-U-R-D-E-R.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I remember seeing this poster's name a few times around on here.

Dunno how else to say it - I never knew the guy personally, but no matter how you cut it, it's fucked up - can't really have any sympathy for the guy himself to pull something so selfish like that.

Condolences to both families though.

Shit..

I only just saw this. The most shocking part of this for me is that while I didn't know the guy, I've been here long enough to recognise the username. Absolutely horrible news.

Suicides are always sad. You feel bad and at the same time have to say to yourself, "WHY WHY WHY?" There's really just not rationalizing this. Especially one in which another life is unwilling taken with it.

I wish the best to everyone close.

very sad, and no reason to murder someone, but lets get all the facts before saying hes a coward and scum. maybe he is, but lets get the rest of the story. very sad and I remember him and his posts and he seemed normal.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
When I saw manabyte's name mentioned, I instantly thought;

dayum. He finally went off the deep end.

You know. Coz the guy has a crazy ex wife as well right?

KR3W

Banned
This is terrible, but I really have no sympathy for someone who decides to take someone else's life. He clearly had problems, but murdering is not an excuse.

Regardless, may him and his wife rest in peace.

Mamesj

Banned
zon said:
Yeah, some men who otherwise have been good and nice people in general will completely lose it if they find out their wife has been cheating on them or divorces them. Crimes of passion are tragic things :|

It's not a crime of passion if you had known for a long time that she had been cheating.
That asshole had chances to deal with it before it came to this.

I'm sure if she did it, this thread would be filled "fucking bitch" etc. etc.

Scottlarock said:
very sad, and no reason to murder someone, but lets get all the facts before saying hes a coward and scum. maybe he is, but lets get the rest of the story. very sad and I remember him and his posts and he seemed normal.

Lets get the facts about the columbine kids, charles manson, and hitler too before we judge them.

Cheebs

Scottlarock said:
There is no excuse to kill a young woman like that. NONE.

Crayon Shinchan said:
When I saw manabyte's name mentioned, I instantly thought;

dayum. He finally went off the deep end.

You know. Coz the guy has a crazy ex wife as well right?
That, and apparently demeantia said that Manabyte reminded him of the VA Tech shooter.

bhlaab

Cheebs said:
There is no excuse to kill a young woman like that. NONE.

The guy posted on neo gaf sometimes so he can't be guilty. Get your facts right before you make this kind of brazen declaration.

Mamesj said:
It's not a crime of passion if you had known for a long time that she had been cheating.
That asshole had chances to deal with it before it came to this.

I'm sure if she did it, this thread would be filled "fucking bitch" etc. etc.

Lets get the facts about the columbine kids, charles manson, and hitler too before we judge them.
hes dead, hes not going to do much more damage. we have time to see why he did what he did. and goodjob putting him in those groups (idiot)

Cheebs said:
Sorry for not showing enough love for a murderer. I forgot he posted at neogaf. That makes it ok to kill innocent people. Totally forgot that.
Who here is "showing love for a murderer" or saying that it's OK to kill innocent people?

Top Bottom