• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sears Clearance - $0.97 notable current gen games

- J - D -

No luck at my 95822 Sears.

The clearance bin had some surprisingly good stuff, but they were $25 or above when scanned. I'm talking Deus Ex: HR, Sin & Punishment Wii, Metroid Other M, and a few others.

Stopped at the Walmart next door for some Blu rays, so not a totally wasted trip.

Sean

Banned
I seriously can't believe .97 cent games. They would clear them all out in a day at $10 even. Not that I think the OP is full of shit and faked a receipt, but I wonder if someone at his store fucked up or something.

Everything at my store was marked for clearance and was marked $XX.97.

Yeah this is clearly a store error. Whoever was in charge of updating the prices probably accidentally set them at $00.97 instead of $20.97 or something.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
OK

Here's the 411:

The Exton Sears is Liquidating there Video Game department

Super YMMV, I mean literally, SUPER YMMV

It's best to call your Sears and see if they're "Liquidating the Video Game Department"
Go to sears.com, store locator, get local #, call, say "Electronics", then say "Product Info"
You will get a CSR ASAP, and ask them from there

The one closest to me doesn't even have a video game department anymore
One 8 miles away, has the department filled with $19.99 games and up

Lady said, some Sears are Liquidating their stock and removing video games, hence the $0.97 deal
Most are already liquidated quietly, or just returned back to warehouse or some shit like that

Keep an eye out if others say such and such Sears has this liquidation going, but this isn't all Sears nationwide, but individual Sear stores, who aren't making any money off the department, and getting rid of it
I think Sears is in the hole, so they wanna look presentable to a suitor by cutting/trim the fat away keeping them bogged down

Hero

Thanks for the info.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit I'm in Allentown. Might go take a look right now.

Hey I'm not too far from Allentown, if you do get there can you confirm if they have super nice deals and not clear them out? :)

I went back to scan some games since Sears is less then a minute away, no go in Peoria Illinois still. They do seem to be clearing out their entire video game section, though. Maybe another day or so they'll start going crazy. As of now, just about everything is like 5-10 cheaper than best buy and marked as clearance.

Arsin

Looks like the store in the Rushmore Mall in SD is doing a 50% games right now. The CSA said it was older games, nothing new. His example was Dragon Age 2, so maybe game that are about a year old or so. I will head down there in a bit and report back if I get anything.

Went to my nearest store even though I checked google shopping beforehand. Asked the CS rep about the clearance.There are games marked for clearance, just not for $0.97. Even had him scan a couple to make sure. I told him about what I saw online and asked him about the gaming section closing down, and he said yes, that is what the clearance is for, and to check back later this week or next for crazy prices.

whoa, why is sears charging $25 / above $20 for mario galaxy 1, thought its a nintendo players choice.

I'll try a sears near me tomorrow but i am not getting my hopes up, i remember they gave me a boat load of questions and remarks when i tried to get a $5.97 clearance game :/, if its on clearance and rings up that price then they should have gave it to me.

idiots but also haha at accusing me of "hacking" their computer systems to alter the price

Didn't want anyone to think I was sending them on a snipe hunt, so here's my receipt from today.

001.jpg

Hey I'm in Wayne!

I wonder if this goes for K-Marts too?

I work at a Sears in electronics, and we are starting to liquidate games. Not a whole lot at mine now for super cheap. Though, I did pick up viva pinata DS for $.97.

Went to my Sears on Sunday. There was a clearance bin completely picked clean with the exception of a couple shitty shovelware games.

Whatever was in there was dirt cheap.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
well i called the sears around here and i asked if they had anything on clearance and they said yes but the range was "20 to 60."

so no .97 games over here apparently.

And that was after 15 minutes trying to contact someone that could actually check for me. I was transferred to their national call center and then they couldnt get anyone to pick up so some random chick who i dont know if she even works for Sears says "oh, I don't know what happened!" and transferred me to some bro.

Went to another sears. Games were pilled in another bin, all reduced. Maybe 15 percent off. All prices ended in .97 cents, I.e. 17.97, 13.97. Nothing special.

TripOpt55

Went to one here in South Jersey and everything was at least 12 and most were $19.97 and up. Was hoping for Heavy Rain for $1!

pax217

Called my local Sears here in Seattle. Here's the whole conversation:

Me: "Hey, I was wondering if you guys are liquidating your video game department, or plan on doing so?"
Reply: I'm going to need to put you on hold for a second.
[On hold]
Different guy comes back on: Some locations are, but we are not that I have heard.
Me: "OK, thanks."

shoplifter

Mine had a .97 bin with some cases and other junk. I took about thirty games to the price checker and all came back as marked.

Deadbeat

Banned
I thought I should bump this:

I live in Winnipeg. All videogames were moved to the Polo Park Sears for the Liquidation. So if you want to comb through whatever is left over, you can head there.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
After a visit today to see if anything new had been marked down, I guess that my local store must have definitely had a huge oops moment. Nothing seems to have moved since the last time I bought anything, but there were a couple copies of games I had previously purchased, so out of curiosity I checked them, and they were back up to ridiculous (though technically clearance) prices.

Top Bottom