• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor Warfighter - October. Danger Close. Frostbite 2.0

Sethos

Banned
First one was pretty lacklustre, I certainly didn't get the 'awesome' feeling from any of the gameplay setpieces throughout the game as I've tried better in an actual dynamic environment. Although multiplayer not being done by DICE is a huge plus - Can't wait to see how it all pans out.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Looking forward to this. I really enjoyed the SP of MoH even though it wasn't too polished. Hopefully the sequel will be cleaned up a bit. It could be absolutely awesome if they improve upon the approach they had in the first one. Can't wait to see how it looks in FB 2.0. Hopefully the destruction is in too.

RedSwirl

I'm gonna go ahead and say it: I don't even think they need multiplayer at this point.

The 2010 MOH tried to paint a serious story, a few steps away from a documentary even, or ta least tried to advertise the game as such, and then the multiplayer brought all that controversy, and really, what purpose does the multiplayer serve to that end? It was easier before when EA had MOH on consoles and Battlefield on PC, but now that Battlefield has made a stake on consoles, I think it's taken away the need for MOH multiplayer entirely. The entire franchise might even start to look redundant at this point.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Pretty bad name.

I can't really come up with a better one off the top of my head though.

Arcteryx

Had a blast with SP, so I'll be picking it up on the cheap. Doesn't make sense for me to get it full price, when I already have BF3 for MP.

dummydecoy

Is Future Warfare trademarked by Activision already?
Coz that'd surely rock as a name and might gain a few mil sales as most MW fans out there pretty much buy anything with the word warfare on it. Future experimental, in-development military weapons in future conflicts no?

If not this, then I hope Respawn uses it!

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Be advised, oscar mike is two clicks away from your danger close, two tangos are headed to intercept your extraction point, over.

Dipswitch

Terrible name. But I'm looking forward to it nonetheless. I have a backlog of shameful proportions. Yet I have a constant hankering to replay the campaign from the first game. So based on that, I'm gonna keep a close eye on the sequel.

demolitio

I hope the MP is taken seriously this time so Danger Close better have more than 5 interns working on it like DICE on the first game...lol

The SP was one of the best I played that year in terms of shooters because they went for a different, more intimate approach to the war while still having some fun setpieces. The one mission where you're holed up in a house waiting for backup and the enemies just keep coming to the point where you think there's no way you're going to live. Then finally the Apaches come and you actually had a "fuck yeah!" moment because you were sure you were dead. Now that emotion is more about the game and thinking you were dead but you did kind of feel for the characters and were happy they survived.

Very good moments like that have me pumped for the sequel.

redhot_

A little excited, I got the first one cheap and loved the single player... kind of short, but kept me interested and was fun. MP.. not so much.

Nakimushi

Banned
I dont know why so much hate about SP ... I thought it was pretty good
I really like how they used lighting and particle effects like fog for gameplay advantage
there was few missions when I was againts the sun or in the fog and couldn't see much
I really liked that

hope now using Dice new Engine game will be even more realistic with nice Sp campaign/
I am actually looking forward to it /

BigDes

I'm gonna go ahead and say it: I don't even think they need multiplayer at this point.

The 2010 MOH tried to paint a serious story, a few steps away from a documentary even, or ta least tried to advertise the game as such, and then the multiplayer brought all that controversy, and really, what purpose does the multiplayer serve to that end? It was easier before when EA had MOH on consoles and Battlefield on PC, but now that Battlefield has made a stake on consoles, I think it's taken away the need for MOH multiplayer entirely. The entire franchise might even start to look redundant at this point.

I think the intention is always to have a military shooter to compete with CoD

So MoH one year, BF the next.

This will also help with series fatigue in some ways as unlike CoD there won't be one of a particular series every year

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
xnvkB.jpg

rdrr gnr

Warfighter? At least it gets right to it.

Hope the MP and SP and everything in between doesn't blow like the last game.

Gileadxv

Banned
I actually would prefer the name Medal of Honor: Danger Close

I liked the single player of Medal of Honor, I'm interested in seeing what they'll do with this.

olore

MoH is somewhat devalving itself with trying to chase CoD sales. Just a hunch. They should keep it simple and follow MoH:AA. Gun, nazis, shoot. This in a gorgeously recreated WWII environment.

Do not play shooters, just came in to address the worst video game title I've heard since Infinite Undiscovery. It's the sort of name that someone who mocks and derides FPS's would come up with for an FPS.

Top Bottom