• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Monthly Bundle

Pudge

It would be silly to get this now since they've only announced one game for it. I'm willing to pay $12 if I get a regular Humble Bundle's worth of great games, but I'll have to see what they're actually offering.

KarmaCow

It also comes with Legend of Grimrock 2 for subscribing.

But yea, the whole blindly buying bundles is weird. It's buying for the sake of buying something.

Flandy

Looks like it'll be games that haven't been in other bundles. Could be good.
Might give the first month a shot.

It's not the "what games" that's making me wary (since services like PS+/GWG are hidden until the month starts), but "how many"

I need a number

BiggNife

eehhh. Honestly I haven't been feeling too great about Humble lately, every once in a while there's a bundle I want but I feel like I used to buy a lot more of them. The currently Humble Bundle (15) feels pretty underwhelming for a "numbered" bundle.

I will say that offering Grimrock 2 as a freebie for signing up is a nice incentive, at least, but I'd still rather wait and see how this turns out.

Gav47

Only 5% going to charity :/

I can see them putting up a really good value bundle the first time to get people interested and then slowly declining into trash just like lootcrate

MUnited83

For you.
I don't see the incentive on keeping a subscription lol. Subscribe for a month if the current bundle pleases you, cancel it, wait to see if the next bundle pleases you, etc.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Humble stopped being good around the same time they got that venture capital funding.

I wonder if there's a connection.

I don't see the incentive on keeping a subscription lol. Subscribe for a month if the current bundle pleases you, cancel it, wait to see if the next bundle pleases you, etc.
You probably won't be able to buy into the Bundle once it's contents have been revealed.

jediyoshi

For reference, Legend of Grimrock 2 is normally $24.

Truly a Netflix of the video game bundles

If you're living a life in which you locally record Netflix content.

Humble stopped being good around the same time they got that venture capital funding.

Their last streak of build your own bundles and whichever was their last week long sales were ace, unless you're specifically referring to the Indie Bundle lineup.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
They don't even have the first month's games listed as an example?

What kind of moron would subscribe to this completely blind?

For reference, Legend of Grimrock 2 is normally $24.

For reference Grimrock 2 has been 75% off ($5) on both Steam and GOG in the past 6 months.

KarmaCow

It seems like it works like Lootcrate and other random shit in a box services in that you wont know what you'll get. The bundle you get when subscribing is always the one for next month.

Nzyme32

Pretty good idea, especially since you can keep all the games and the price is low, though less charity focused. However it will obviously depend on what games are available for it, which I guess we'll see soon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not for $12, no thanks. "Mystery shit for $12"

Darkroronoa

The price is quite high to go blind but with that price they might actually manage to put good games there, like legend of grimrock 2.
I hope this will not decline the main page bundles in quality.

Ps+ succeeded because the monthly price was really low (those look to similar to not compare them).

If the games get revealed can we get the games of that month? The "Subscribe before November 6th to receive the next bundle." implies that you have to pre-purchace.

Jawmuncher

You probably won't be able to buy into the Bundle once it's contents have been revealed.

You might be able to but at a higher standard price. All of the mystery bag stuff do that, or you have to pay for 3 months or more.

MUnited83

For you.

It seems like it works like Lootcrate and other random shit in a box services in that you wont know what you'll get. The bundle you get when subscribing is always the one for next month.

If this is correct then this is complete garbage.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So its like PS+ except that you own the games and the charity cut ? There are worse ideas...lets see if they can deliver.

Fractal

Banned
Eh, I'm not too sure about this one. Even when I pick up these humble bundles, I typically do it for a game or two, rarely am I interested in the whole package. As such, this is a mystery box I'm not overly eager to open.

killroy87

Not a chance. Way too many bad bundles, and especially duplicate games, for me to commit $150 a year.

Also, not a fan of this forced 5% to charity (and a charity I don't know)

I usually give the charity much more than 5%

jediyoshi

What kind of moron would subscribe to this completely blind?

For reference Grimrock 2 has been 75% off ($5) on both Steam and GOG in the past 6 months.

Is it blind if they tell you something already included in the initial buy in? Isn't 75% off $6?

Pudge

If this is correct then this is complete garbage.

According to their FAQ, it seems like you have to buy it blind.

So it's more like Lootcrate. Not worth $12 to me unless they really blow it out of the water with the first month, especially since I can't donate my money to charity like I normally do for these bundles.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
What's up everybody, this is your favorite youtuber. Today we're going to unbox the newest IndieCrate by Humble. Alright, let's do this shit.

Teppic

Way too expensive. I have rarely felt the need to buy a full priced bundle. This will just make me pay premium for a bunch of games I will never play.

Nzyme32

You can't do that I don't think

"Subscribe before November 6th to receive the next bundle!"

Sounds like you will have to have signed up prior to a certain point to receive the bundle or you miss it and get the following one. Either way you won't know what you will get. I'd assume they intend to make sure that the games in the bundle are worthwhile, in order to entice people to get on board with mystery stuff each month. The only way that can work is if they can develop a reputation for good games in the bundles

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Way too expensive. I have rarely felt the need to buy a full priced bundle. This will just make me pay for a bunch of games I will never play.

While you are probably right - we dont know yet what games will be included per month and they can still drop the price or adjust the service down the line.

RedToad64

There is currently no incentive to subscribe to this. You have the reveal the first month's contents before anyone will put their money down.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
It's probably worth it for the very first bundle, simply because they'll be using it as a "Wow! Much value! Aren't you gutted you missed out?" thing for future bundles.

Top Bottom