• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 20, 2017 (May 15 - May 21)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's crazy to think the only thing keeping the switch from blowing past 3DS sales in a similar amount of time is stock issues.

Maybe the reason they can't supply/manufacture enough units is because the yields on the SoC are crap?

Definitely some manufacturing problem. SW LTD must be 3.5-4 million and there are shortages for this demand (280k US, around 200k Japan). Didn't someone say the screen plant went into trouble?

Vinnk

Hirokazu Hamamura, the former editor-in-chief at Weekly Famitsu and now president of the parent company Enterbrain and director of the Kadokawa Group responded to a Forbes Japan article and tweeted ”I think the product shortage [of Nintendo Switch] will continue until the end of this year".

Source: http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/160980297739

From AcademicSaucer in another thread.

Someone should have told Hirokazu Hamamura that the meme is over. Plenty on Amazon.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
If Hamamura gave its forecast for Switch YTD it would be easier to judge its a prediction.

As it looks now we have at least 2 months of shortage until Splatoon 2.

jeremy1456

Now that the meme is over I guess Capcom has no choice but to release Monster Hunter 5 on PS4 barring some sort of heat wave.

Fdkn

Complaining about the few troll/missinformed posts just to follow up with a barrage of passive-agressive and snarky comments leads to a healthy thread indeed.

Vena

Looks like Hiska was on point, software weekly previews will generally give us a ballpark on what hardware to expect for the Switch. MK/Zelda are definitely ceiling-limited by available hardware week to week, it seems.

You're a junior but understand the heat wave meme?

??

DlB43Q8.png

Looks like Hiska was on point, software weekly previews will generally give us a ballpark on what hardware to expect for the Switch. MK/Zelda are definitely ceiling-limited by available hardware week to week, it seems.

??
Well I be damn he's been here for ages!
Anyway since it's a Mario game it'll do 100k plus lifetime

Futurematic

Somewhere in those ~7000 Japanese immersive sim fans has to be a (wannabe?) game developer who eventually makes a fantastic immersive sim from a very different perspective on the ones we've seen so far.

Well. I can dream anyway, Deus Ex & Dishonored did a little better IIRC as well.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I guess the Vita's getting another rpg in its future then? The one by the El Shaddai devs (PS4 and Vita). Seems bigger than a VN or something right?

Bruno MB

PREDICTION LEAGUE JUNE 2017

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from May 29 to Jun 25):

[PS4] Tekken 7 (25 days) -
[NSW] Seiken Densetsu Collection (25 days) -
[NSW] Arms (10 days) -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deadline: May 31 2017 09:00 am (EST)

Attention:
  • Remember for some games it's not only the 1st week.
  • Multiplatform entries are the combined available sales of each platform described.

Rules:
  • Do not edit your post after the deadline. If you do, you'll be disqualified.
  • The official monthly hardware sales will be the sum of weekly numbers for all versions of the system available from Famitsu.
  • The official monthly software sales will be the latest total or the sum of the weekly numbers if the title is release before the period available from the Famitsu Top 30.
  • The official monthly sales for multi-platform releases will be the combined available sales of each platform shown in the title entry.
  • The official monthly sales for games with multiple versions will be the combined available sales of each version shown in the title entry.
  • Any game missing in the Famitsu top 30 will be taken out of the predictions.

[PS4] Tekken 7 (25 days) - 80k
[NSW] Seiken Densetsu Collection (25 days) - 37k
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 180k

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

[PS4] Tekken 7 (25 days) - 75k
[NSW] Seiken Densetsu Collection (25 days) - 50k
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 200k

horuhe

There will be in like an hour, some event related to Ys at Sofmap Akiba. No words for new shipment for Switch, though. it seems, this week there won't be at all.

[PS4] Tekken 7 (25 days) - 80k
[NSW] Seiken Densetsu Collection (25 days) - 23k
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 117k

horuhe

I find that a bit hard to believe lol.

Obviously, there will be new shipments, but not announced yet. They usually announce them on Thursday and do the lottery on Saturdays or Sundays. Maybe, at the end of the day, they could post some info outside.

Shizuka

I remember there was a website that compiled japanese sales data from years and years, divided by platforms, publishers, etc. Does anyone have that website handy?

[PS4] Tekken 7 (25 days) - 95k
[NSW] Seiken Densetsu Collection (25 days) - 40k
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 175k

VLQ

[PS4] Tekken 7 (25 days) - 130k
[NSW] Seiken Densetsu Collection (25 days) - 10k
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 160k

[PS4] Tekken 7 (25 days) - 130k
[NSW] Seiken Densetsu Collection (25 days) - 10k
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 160k

Wow that's well low on mana, yeah it won't set the world on fire but it's doing more than that first week

[PS4] Tekken 7 (25 days) - 123k
[NSW] Seiken Densetsu Collection (25 days) - 31k
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 154k(115k first week)

Ōkami

They should've replaced Yoshimitsu with Pikachu as apparently everyone's expecting Tekken 7 to sell less than Pokken.

Its going to be a drop from Tekken 6, but not that severe.

casiopao

[PS4] Tekken 7 (25 days) - 95k
[NSW] Seiken Densetsu Collection (25 days) - 40k
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 200k

Complaining about the few troll/missinformed posts just to follow up with a barrage of passive-agressive and snarky comments leads to a healthy thread indeed.

I also love how u love coming here only to post some snarky comments too lol.^^

LOCK

Glad BotW is still showing amazing legs. Sucks that we have to potentially wait till ARMS to see if an increase in hardware sales will still positively affect launch software.

Dragon Quest Rivals looks amazing.

casiopao

I wonder how many units need to sell to make a release worth it?

Considering it is just Rom Re-Release, i don't see it needing tons of money lol. Hell, i think even 10k should bring enough profit for S-E.

FWIW it topped the charts on Amazon for a few days when it was first announced, yeah the shipment probably ain't big but it's probably bigger than some of the small ones

I don't really rate Amazon ranking there lol. As those number is usually unreliable. I mean, USF2 also get top Amazon Ranking if i am not mistaken before. And i can't see it doing super well lol.

Top Bottom