• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Destiny CCG |OT| Space Magic

Lupercal

Banned
If you are interested in playing, but just have no one.. I would possibly wait it out just a little bit. Especially if you have shops in the area still doing FFG (X-Wing, Netrunner, etc). The supply issues seem to be over, the Awakenings reprint is coming next month, and all in all this game is finally taking off again. In a year we are going to be laughing (well.. sort of laughing) at the struggles of these first 6 months. I just hate to see people love a game, sell out of it due to no one to play with at the start, then after 1-2 years the game is as healthy as ever and they're like "oh man.. and I had everything.."

Yeah true, it is a great game and I would love to be able to keep following it but it doesn't make sense to keep pumping money into it without any way to play it.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
updated the second post with various upcoming events and the info we have on the next expansion.

Made some trades last night that... ehh... so so on. I am not sold on the U-Wing quite yet.. but I did need a second.. so Lighstaber Pike x2, Unkar x2, Baby Vader x2, Force Push and Command Shuttle for U-Wing, FN-2199 and Delta 7 (which I didn't have). So I mean rarity was 1:1 technically.. I just know that U-Wing is only like $20 on CSI. hmm..

That being said, I am down to needing 12 rares for a complete play set. Aboslute most critical of those is a second Con Artist and second Vibroknife.

edit - also I did the bn.com search locally again and today every location in the area shows as having boosters in stock.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I have an ePalp deck that is currently undefeated after about 9-12 games of pkaytesting. Ironically I am in fact testing to beat ir. I did tech a slightly more control Poe Maz which definitely came closest. He had two health remaining with super lucky draw including a fast Premonitions into Rise Again and starting shields (a misplay on my part... NEVER give him shields) but he had both Dark Presences out by round 2 and had a lucky turn of events preventing me from getting ammo belt and second chance started.

Do you have lists? Especially for the Maz/Poe since I'm working on the same (and it's a decent amount of tinkering since the top lists on swdb have a lot of questionable choices currently). I don't know if there's a consensus yet, but to me it's similar to Han/Rey where you just focus Maz down (unless you're CRAZY bursty or godroll) because she's so much easier to kill and just enables so much, especially if she has Fast Hands or especially Goggles -- which are so amazing in this deck. So I'd like to keep her alive but four cards for Second Chance + Belt is a lot of deckspace especially if you don't draw them until after Maz dies. So I have one right now, and then just the generic heal cards. This does well against melee but the ranged lists are theoretically very scary with no Deflect.

OqHqWCF.png

borghe

I think this should be it (I could wait til lunch to look at my deck, but this looks like it is almost exact). I only had 1 U-Wing until the trade end of the night. I have a 2nd Goggles coming from CSI (already shipped). I'm debating on ditching the one New Orders left by figuring out how to make me less reliant on Graveyard. New adds which got me more of the way to a dead palp were Friendly Fire and Rebel Assault. My Ammo Belt/Second Chance combo was also botched due to Maz knocking on death's door, only having 2 resources, and stinking palp having a 2 discard side showing. Sadly she would have lived into the next round and I friggin drew into my second second chance... fuuuuuuuuuuuuu so really the last game was within my reach.. I just could have tuned my plays a little better.

MALODii.png

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I have an ePalp deck that is currently undefeated after about 9-12 games of pkaytesting. Ironically I am in fact testing to beat ir. I did tech a slightly more control Poe Maz which definitely came closest. He had two health remaining with super lucky draw including a fast Premonitions into Rise Again and starting shields (a misplay on my part... NEVER give him shields) but he had both Dark Presences out by round 2 and had a lucky turn of events preventing me from getting ammo belt and second chance started.

you tried guardian decks against it (ala Phasma/Trooper/Guavian) - Guardian feels like it should help a lot since you take away Palp's extra damage

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
updated the second post with various upcoming events and the info we have on the next expansion.

Made some trades last night that... ehh... so so on. I am not sold on the U-Wing quite yet.. but I did need a second.. so Lighstaber Pike x2, Unkar x2, Baby Vader x2, Force Push and Command Shuttle for U-Wing, FN-2199 and Delta 7 (which I didn't have). So I mean rarity was 1:1 technically.. I just know that U-Wing is only like $20 on CSI. hmm..

That being said, I am down to needing 12 rares for a complete play set. Aboslute most critical of those is a second Con Artist and second Vibroknife.

edit - also I did the bn.com search locally again and today every location in the area shows as having boosters in stock.

eh, I mean, if you need the extra cards to complete the set and the rarity is the same. You probably ended up slightly down monetarily but meh.

I traded a Lightbow for a Baze, no regrets.

I'm missing 6 legendaries and 1 uncommon for my playset. Of course they are all the 4 most expensive legends (Force Speed, Palp, Lightning, Baton)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
If Palp legit became a thing I would probably go back to Yellow just to be able to play Negotiation in addition to all the other removal. Problem is meta is way too diverse right now to tech too heavily in any direction. The two things I have been preemptively teching against though for now are Imperial Inspection (no 2-cost upgrades) and Vibro (little shield generation).

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
If Palp legit became a thing I would probably go back to Yellow just to be able to play Negotiation in addition to all the other removal. Problem is meta is way too diverse right now to tech too heavily in any direction. The two things I have been preemptively teching against though for now are Imperial Inspection (no 2-cost upgrades) and Vibro (little shield generation).

it'll be interesting if the meta stays this diverse, I'm fairly confident it'll narrow a lot as some decks start to win larger tournaments / store champs in the next few weeks.

but I gotta say, after hearing a lot of SoR doom and gloom, it seems pretty damn balanced to me, though kinda balanced in a way that you can't prepare for it all

borghe

you tried guardian decks against it (ala Phasma/Trooper/Guavian) - Guardian feels like it should help a lot since you take away Palp's extra damage

no not yet.. I am going to give until this weekend to get a final tune in on maz poe that I am happy with then I will move on next week. like create a new deck on sunday. I usually go a week per deck.

I am looking at mill right now.. I tried for two weeks to get a hero mill going in AW (and even had a deck on the front page of swdb for a couple of days).. just need to try and get a second con artist, and need my shipment from CSI. I should have the shipment before the weekend.. not sure if I'll be able to get another con artist before then.

speaking of guardian though.. there is an ePadme Obi on swdb that looks REALLY interesting. I had been thinking of that already using Obi to prolong the mill as much as possible, using his last gasp of air for patience, and then finishing it up with Padme, Lone Operative, SC and Ammo Belt..

I'm telling you, palp is a thing :p I'm not saying OP or anything.. but man.. there have been very few cases in the game up to now where a die has truly remained a threat NO MATTER WHAT. I mean falcon for hyperloop.. maybe poe in rey poe, though even that was "oh phew... I have an action before he rerolls into possibly something better". palp is literally one bad side per die. and if he's able to resolve both dice together.. ugh. palp is the first non-gimmick deck in the game where removing his dice immediately are essential.

it'll be interesting if the meta stays this diverse, I'm fairly confident it'll narrow a lot as some decks start to win larger tournaments / store champs in the next few weeks.

but I gotta say, after hearing a lot of SoR doom and gloom, it seems pretty damn balanced to me, though kinda balanced in a way that you can't prepare for it all

I don't see a way for the meta to NOT remain varied. Mill and aggro are SOOOOO strong right now, that any solid mid-range control coming into play is going to present those two archetypes a frustration they have yet to experience. Right now both are "I am going to beat my stick against you as hard as I can and see who drops first". Control is really going to shake that up.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
no not yet.. I am going to give until this weekend to get a final tune in on maz poe that I am happy with then I will move on next week. like create a new deck on sunday. I usually go a week per deck.

I am looking at mill right now.. I tried for two weeks to get a hero mill going in AW (and even had a deck on the front page of swdb for a couple of days).. just need to try and get a second con artist, and need my shipment from CSI. I should have the shipment before the weekend.. not sure if I'll be able to get another con artist before then.

speaking of guardian though.. there is an ePadme Obi on swdb that looks REALLY interesting. I had been thinking of that already using Obi to prolong the mill as much as possible, using his last gasp of air for patience, and then finishing it up with Padme, Lone Operative, SC and Ammo Belt..

man the real problem there is Poe/Maz etc are SO bursty that they can wipe Padme fast and you're in trouble then.

That's mainly why I like the Snap/Padme/Maz deck, you've got 2 second chance targets, which means you should get the combo out, and C-3PO can help you close it out even if it's Maz at the end

borghe

man the real problem there is Poe/Maz etc are SO bursty that they can wipe Padme fast and you're in trouble then.

That's mainly why I like the Snap/Padme/Maz deck, you've got 2 second chance targets, which means you should get the combo out, and C-3PO can help you close it out even if it's Maz at the end

I was contemplating adding C3PO to my deck above. especially if getting a Falcon or U-Wing to the field consistently becomes a thing. yeah his die is super controllable and slow, but that's now 3 dice that they have to worry about every turn (err actually 4 including the actual support)

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I remember collecting some Star Wars CCG back in the late 90's. Have the cards somewhere.

Don't think I can let myself go down that (dark) path again..

SWCCG dominated my childhood. I am about 10 cards away from having a complete set of every card made and at some point want to hunt those down on ebay. I'm scared for what will happen to my time and money if I get into this game.

This is one of the best games I've played in a long time and I'm hopelessly addicted.

See, this is what I'm afraid of

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm telling you, palp is a thing :p I'm not saying OP or anything.. but man.. there have been very few cases in the game up to now where a die has truly remained a threat NO MATTER WHAT. I mean falcon for hyperloop.. maybe poe in rey poe, though even that was "oh phew... I have an action before he rerolls into possibly something better". palp is literally one bad side per die. and if he's able to resolve both dice together.. ugh. palp is the first non-gimmick deck in the game where removing his dice immediately are essential

hm ok...friendly fire it is then :D (edit: omg just realized that's potentially a 10-damage swing vs. palp -- could say the same of reversal but reversal was always overcosted by 1 which makes this better imo though obv have the spot red and ranged limitations to balance it out)

honestly like sneaky thing about maz/poe is that it has money if you're not trying to get out 2-cost upgrades (or more). hell i racked up enough yesterday to even get the falcon out on a turn 2 poe special. too bad friendly fire is red so not a falcon special target :) (one of my fav things about poe is actually finding creative ways to use sides other than just damage situationally)

borghe

hm ok...friendly fire it is then :D

honestly like sneaky thing about maz/poe is that it has money if you're not trying to get out 2-cost upgrades (or more). hell i racked up enough yesterday to even get the falcon out on a turn 2 poe special

yeah I need to plan more on getting falcon or u-wing out.. both have the same 2 resource side on them. Honestly I think U-Wing is a little better.. what you lose for 1 ranged point you make up for with a WAY less conditional special.

yeah, I used Friendly Fire last night and it was the first time my buddy saw it.. he was like "umm.. what??" and I was like "yeah, meet Deflect's red big brother!!!"

borghe

announcement for the European Championship has popped up. This should be the same prize support for the North American Championship at Gen Con (but different from the National Championships).... vader....... /drooooooolllll

KnowOne

Neo Member
Nice to see IM not the only person playing this game. Me and my friends are addicted. We went from playing xwing miniatures to exclusively playing Destiny!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
announcement for the European Championship has popped up. This should be the same prize support for the North American Championship at Gen Con (but different from the National Championships).... vader....... /drooooooolllll

I wish they would still do plaques for store championships. Still proudly have mine from netrunner in 2014 :)

borghe

I wish they would still do plaques for store championships. Still proudly have mine from netrunner in 2014 :)
Boy do I have a surprise for you......

EHYoMDp.png

Good day in the mail overall. Got my season 2 kit prizes so 2 more Electroshocks and the damage counters. Jango is fine though it feels like forever since I've played him. Also almost all of my remaining legendaries from CSI. Force speed should be here tomorrow then I have a full play set of legs.

I do still need some critical rares. Con Artist and Vibroknife both just went in the mail today. Also pretty sure I'm going to have to just buy Deathtroopers.

Kawl_USC

Picked up two of each starter packs to dip my toes in. Let's see if I can wrangle one of my friends into playing with me.

If not I blame you all.

Silvard

EHYoMDp.png

Good day in the mail overall. Got my season 2 kit prizes so 2 more Electroshocks and the damage counters. Jango is fine though it feels like forever since I've played him. Also almost all of my remaining legendaries from CSI. Force speed should be here tomorrow then I have a full play set of legs.

I do still need some critical rares. Con Artist and Vibroknife both just went in the mail today. Also pretty sure I'm going to have to just buy Deathtroopers.

What are the requirements to buy a season/tournament kit?

borghe

What are the requirements to buy a season/tournament kit?
Sorry. I meant I bought the set on eBay. Season 2 rewards are on eBay right now for $45-55. Otherwise if you find a store running the kit, Electroshock is the participation prize, and the tokens and alt Jango are the top 4 prizes (two each). Otherwise the shocks are going for about $8 each and Jango is $15-25. And tokens are like $25. At a store you can get the shock, and if you make top 4 will likely have a pick from either Jango or the tokens.

FFG is apparently less strict about the game night kits. In fact distributors also have them. But apparently Store Championship kits (shown above) are only direct from FFG. The eBay listings are odd.. they seem to be from individuals auctioning off the entire kits pieces... but I've heard FFG checks up on if they've sent you a store kit that you have to run the event. So I'm guessing these stores are eventually going to be in trouble.

To actually get kits, you just have to be a brick and mortar store. Store Championship really isn't even that much more I think. Regionals is where FFG starts vetting your store and picks and chooses.

Silvard

Sorry. I meant I bought the set on eBay. Season 2 rewards are on eBay right now for $45-55. Otherwise if you find a store running the kit, Electroshock is the participation prize, and the tokens and alt Jango are the top 4 prizes (two each). Otherwise the shocks are going for about $8 each and Jango is $15-25. And tokens are like $25. At a store you can get the shock, and if you make top 4 will likely have a pick from either Jango or the tokens.

FFG is apparently less strict about the game night kits. In fact distributors also have them. But apparently Store Championship kits (shown above) are only direct from FFG. The eBay listings are odd.. they seem to be from individuals auctioning off the entire kits pieces... but I've heard FFG checks up on if they've sent you a store kit that you have to run the event. So I'm guessing these stores are eventually going to be in trouble.

To actually get kits, you just have to be a brick and mortar store. Store Championship really isn't even that much more I think. Regionals is where FFG starts vetting your store and picks and chooses.

Gotcha. I've always wanted to run a FLGS but it has always seem a bit of a hermetic industry.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

Oh man sweet! I'm feeling pretty good about my Maz/Poe right now in terms of really a deck to invest lots of playtime in and tweak and iterate like I did for months with Han/Rey in Awakenings. And nice enough it actually plays kind of sort of loosely similar, just way more aggro and no shields. I definitely don't have anything worth published in db yet but I do have some thoughts if others have also been thinking about the Maz/Poe I'm working on vs. most of the lists on db currently:

-Is Scavenge even needed? After about eight games with it, it started to feel like how Scavenge felt in my early builds of Han/Rey. Like...what is it even doing. Pretty much all 3-5 cost upgrades and supports can dish out 3-4 damage so why not just play something like a Rocket Launcher instead that you can just throw without burning the action. There really isn't a silver-bullet support here all the stuff you throw is kind of on the same level, so I'm currently cutting both and replacing one with a Rocket Launcher and another with removal/mitigation. Oh also it's awful if people are playing Mill which they are.

-Second Chance I think 1x is the right number. I don't think Ammo Belt is even worth it since Second Chance is a dead card anyway if Maz goes down. And if Poe goes down then Maz by herself is in pretty bad shape unless you've almost got your opponent beat or you managed to put out 1-2 big supports and a gun on Maz. I do like the 1 for that case where Maz is about to die and you can keep her going. Or even a late-game rally to crank out just enough damage with your Falcon or whatever. I dunno...maybe the right play is 2x 2x of the "broken" Ammo Belt combo but I'm not really feeling it, especially if people start teching.

-If the meta is even decently guns...or some guns and also Force Lightning mixed into Blue Villain...Friendly Fire is just GODLY. I'm almost never sad to see this card unless I'm playing straight Blue Hero (which this deck stomps anyway so no biggie). Maybe I'll eventually cut them if the meta goes melee or the cost is just too much over time but right now they're solidly in the mid 20's of my list and not even fringe. Chucked two OWTF guns back at a poor Rey/Obi player earlier today. :p

-My original build didn't have Unpredictable and I'm looking back at myself with disgust. The card soft mitigates huge damage (which you do need to do...you don't need to turtle but you can't have Maz insta-killed suddenly) and of course lets you reroll your own stuff while chaining. I actually find I use it more for mitigation though because Maz just guarantees your dice are usually going to good use.

-I have 1-2 free slots I'm tinkering with. Rebel Assault seems interesting for avoiding nasty specials? But the conditionality is a little tough and spotting symbols is somewhat counter-synergistic with the instant-resolution theme of the deck. I guess I could add Field Medic back which the standard lists seem to run. I just hate paying a buck to heal just 2 but I am perfectly content to occasionally Electroshock 2 dmg but that's on the low-end of Electroshock performance. I don't like Spirit of Rebellion at all in a Vibroknife-heavy meta. I dunno if anyone's got any sweet ideas for fringe/secret-tech cards in aggro hero red/yellow decks holler. :)

Gurrry

Awesome! I was always hoping we would make a Destiny thread!

Just got back from my local tournament and went 2-2 with Emo Vader/Kylo. Had a bunch of crazy close games. I also opened a pack and got a second FN2199, so im gonna make a Emo Vader/Fn2199 deck next.

borghe

Looking to make a nines (or are we calling him FN? That is too close to poor overcosted Finn though) deck. Just got my second at the end of this week.

Astro - scavenge is junk. Cheat is way better in every way imho. A big reason to run 2 second chance is consistency. If your deck is starting off slow (no Fast Hands or Hit and Run early on) you need Maz to stay alive.. and if you DON'T have those cards in your hand there's now a higher chance that SC and maybe an ammo belt is in your hand. And even if it's two.. I mean Maz isnt going to last forever and you know when she does you can get something back with Cheat if you discard for reroll.

Gurrry

Someone played this crazy Rey, Finn, Padawan deck last night where he would put weapons (reminder, becuase of finn he could use villian weapons too) on Padawan, decreasing the cost by 1, then using the claim cargo hold to switch it over to Rey or Finn.

I won on the luckiest No Mercy play of all time. Literally the very last play of the game. But ever since I went against it, I want to build it now.

Looking to make a nines (or are we calling him FN? That is too close to poor overcosted Finn though) deck. Just got my second at the end of this week.

Astro - scavenge is junk. Cheat is way better in every way imho. A big reason to run 2 second chance is consistency. If your deck is starting off slow (no Fast Hands or Hit and Run early on) you need Maz to stay alive.. and if you DON'T have those cards in your hand there's now a higher chance that SC and maybe an ammo belt is in your hand. And even if it's two.. I mean Maz isnt going to last forever and you know when she does you can get something back with Cheat if you discard for reroll.

I made a FN2199/eIg88 deck that I really like but I havent had a ton of success with. I really want to make this deck work but I just havent found a synergy. Im really terrible at creating decks myself and swdestinydb doesnt really have much as of yet. The new meta is still kind of shaking out, so it makes sense.

True about Maz. I always target her first, no matter what. Same with Snap if I go against him. Killing them by turn 2 is usually doable. I have yet to go against Poe/Maz, but I already know the potential that deck has.

Last night we had a bunch of Epalps, a few Phasma/Enforcer/Trooper (crazy good deck), and a bunch of other wacky stuff.

borghe

Ok I take it back. Ammo Belt/Second Chance loop is broken as fuck.

Plz FFG
I've been in too many games where the combo didn't work out for me. (And plenty where it did). I really think this is Jango Veers all over again but I guess time will tell.

Ok I take it back. Ammo Belt/Second Chance loop is broken as fuck.

Plz FFG

I played against it in a Maz/Poe deck last night while using Leia/Ackbar. First game I killed Maz with going through only a single Second Chance on turn two or three. In the second I killed Poe on turn 2 (I went after him since I rolled 7 damage from Leia turn one and had It's a Trap/Hit and Run in hand so I was fairly confident in being able to have the damage on him turn 2), and wound up going through Second Chance 5 times on Maz before finishing her off. It was super fun since Maz wasn't able to do a thing to me (I think I had 5 damage on Leia and none on Ackbar when it ended) but it still took forever to finish her off.

Just got 3 starters (2x Rey, 1 xKylo), a dozen or so of cheap rares and 200+ commons/uncommons - haven't played game with it yet but I plan to concentrate on force users.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I've been in too many games where the combo didn't work out for me. (And plenty where it did). I really think this is Jango Veers all over again but I guess time will tell.

Yeah I'm actually really interested to play more Mill where supposedly this is so potent but I'm also curious as to whether this is just "frustrating play experience" vs. "broken," because it's pretty much only been the former so far with these things. But Store Champs results should help to provide some evidence. I don't really plan on running more than 1 in Maz/Poe but I don't think that's really the deck it's built for anyway (I mean you can do it, but at a significant cost to early aggression...which is the whole point of the deck but OK I guess if you like hot combos). I don't expect they'll make any big changes in the middle of Store Champs season though. Probably for Regionals if anything unless really Padme starts winning every Store Champs or something.

borghe

I played against it in a Maz/Poe deck last night while using Leia/Ackbar. First game I killed Maz with going through only a single Second Chance on turn two or three. In the second I killed Poe on turn 2 (I went after him since I rolled 7 damage from Leia turn one and had It's a Trap/Hit and Run in hand so I was fairly confident in being able to have the damage on him turn 2), and wound up going through Second Chance 5 times on Maz before finishing her off. It was super fun since Maz wasn't able to do a thing to me (I think I had 5 damage on Leia and none on Ackbar when it ended) but it still took forever to finish her off.

ya astrolad and I just finished playing a game where I didn't get it going (obi/padme). people don't realize that 4 resources is expensive. it sucks when it gets going.. but jango with 3 guns on him, full health raider with mind probe, poe with 1 or 2 fast hands.. all of these things are going to make your game not so fun. yeah it sucks that it takes a lot of skill (or luck) to play around them.. and I am NOT A skilled player.. but this is every game.. even video games have that one character that will own with button mashing. skilled players will work around and win, and lesser skilled players (like me) will gravitate toward similarly low skill cap decks and just play out.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
ya astrolad and I just finished playing a game where I didn't get it going (obi/padme). people don't realize that 4 resources is expensive. it sucks when it gets going.. but jango with 3 guns on him, full health raider with mind probe, poe with 1 or 2 fast hands.. all of these things are going to make your game not so fun. yeah it sucks that it takes a lot of skill (or luck) to play around them.. and I am NOT A skilled player.. but this is every game.. even video games have that one character that will own with button mashing. skilled players will work around and win, and lesser skilled players (like me) will gravitate toward similarly low skill cap decks and just play out.

Yeah, in this meta killing the hero yellow character first is the smart play cause they can get very hard to kill late

borghe

It's not even this meta. People figured it out at the end of AW also. Almost every Han Rey at Worlds you saw them go for Han first. 14-15 health Han (with ambush shields) is way easier to kill than 25-35 health Han.

When Second Chance rotates out... man that is going to be a whole different game :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I would be cool if they errata'd out the combo not really b/c it's broken but just b/c I don't really use it so w/e :p. Also I kind of hate using two deck slots for basically just more HP (I stubbornly played 1x Second Chance Han/Rey forever). I am kind of noodling it over for Maz/Poe though. Do you play 1 & 1...just 2 Second Chance maybe? Experimenting with 1/1 currently though may go back to just 1 Second Chance if I can find a removal/mitigation option I really like to replace it (Rebel Assault wasn't really cutting it). Unlike H/R I just really like this deck to GO FAST but yeah you can't have Maz dying start of Turn 2 or you're in trouble. I feel like the right play is Maz but most people do go for Poe currently. Poe's dice man...they're almost Palp level when you consider his ability to get them off w/ Fast Hands, Hit & Run, Maz, and Goggles. Palp's dice are just way easier to mess with (actually crushed a few Palps earlier but that matchup is almost unfair w/ Friendly Fire in the deck).

Please everyone play Palp and QG/Rey for Store Champs!

Yeah, in this meta killing the hero yellow character first is the smart play cause they can get very hard to kill late

That's what I'd done my in my other games against Poe/Maz, I only changed it up in the last one since I thought killing Poe turn 2 would leave Maz unable to kill either of my characters with almost no damage output. I worked great in that regard, especially with two upgrades used up by Ammo Belts and Second Chances and no resources left over to get any ships out, but it just took forever to finish her off.

Please everyone play Palp and QG/Rey for Store Champs!

I played against and with my friend's ePalp deck last night too, way more fun to play with than against and not a good matchup for the eJabba/Vader I was running.

borghe

here's my newest attempt at an obi padme mill (this is a lot different than the net deck I played astro in last night). I am really proud of the concept. Now I just need to test it. The deck I used before seems to have everything and the kitchen sink in it, but no clear focus for Obi wan aside from Guardian. Here as long as he can go timed well enough it should be brutal on the opposing player. It also leaves Planned Explosion options for early game.. especially awful when your opponent is expecting a straight mill. 10 damage PLUS random damage from Obi or the Guns can be a game changer.

https://swdestinydb.com/decklist/view/9276/secretlovers-1.0

Gurrry

The ammo belt second chance loop I got hit with was a mill deck using Jyn and Ackbar. I was playing mon mothma/leia, so not a top tier deck by any means, but I seriously had to go through ammo belt and second chance nearly 6 times.

It was unwinnable for me. I was doing the damage, but when you have to go through an extra 30 hp, it becomes pretty unfun.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Man...Poe/Maz is just not fucking around. like 16-2 with it now with one of those losses coming to the TTS league winner. Although to be fair have only played like 3-4 mill, and none of those were "the list" so that might be an issue. I'm thinking about maybe running 1x New Orders to get Graveyard in/back in, especially against some nonsense like Command Center BUUUUT it also means looping back Belts and the like so that's probably not great. Maybe anti-mill tech truly is just wrecking all of their dudes until they're left with like 1x Amidala die and 80 HP or w/e.

matt360

Is this game relatively new? Is the Star Wars LCG from Fantasy Flight kinda dead right now? I bought the starter set for the LCG because I liked the idea of it not being a money pit. That game is fun, but I don't really have anyone to play with.

Also, I just got into X-wing.

borghe

I found my old cards while moving some stuff today. So much money on this game and I never really played that much.
Hahaha different game. That was the Star Wars Strategic Simulation Through Cards CCG by decipher (ok it was a bit over complicated but god I loved that game)

This is a new game. Way more streamlined CCG.
Is this game relatively new? Is the Star Wars LCG from Fantasy Flight kinda dead right now? I bought the starter set for the LCG because I liked the idea of it not being a money pit. That game is fun, but I don't really have anyone to play with.

Also, I just got into X-wing.
The LCG is very local scene dependent. I've been looking at it for a couple of years now but FFG's LCGs are dead here locally aside from GoT and Netrunner. You really have to check around at your local stores. With that being said, both of those are very active here. But SW not at all.

Destiny... is frustrating. And it's not the players... there seems to be a huge player base locally when the stores friggin organize events in a well communicated manner. Like every store sold out of Awakenings, and now sold out of Spirit of Rebellion. Yet we've only ever had 2 Game Night Kits EVER played here that I'm aware of. Both season 1. Now tonight we have the third ever GNK, and it's season 1. Last week we had a ton of people show up expecting to play casual and the store said "nope. Tournament. $6 buy in" and people were pissed because they had no decks built or tested with SoR. Again, shit communication. And I keep asking if anyone had season 2 kits...... no word.. which I guess is probably my answer.

Half of me wants to take over Destiny for one of the shops.. but I don't know if I want to commit to both running it and coming up with content. But if I don't... I have a feeling the game is going to die for exactly the reasons you are saying about LCG. No coordination, no regular events and expensive as shit.. that is a recipe for disaster.

borghe

man.. planetary uprising is near mandatory in poe maz. so much fucking support in this game now.. sabotage is almost an auto include in every yellow deck as well. sadly I can only run two sabotage while red hero can run three PITA supports (2 planetary uprising and 3PO)

Kawl_USC

Played 3 games over the course of a weekend between other shenanigans in Denver. Enjoyed it even just with decks from two starter packs. Guess it's time to buy a box of SoR when available?

Not like I needed to save up any money any way...

Top Bottom