• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Professor & Professional Asshole Jordan Peterson: Men Can’t Fight ‘Crazy Woman'

Status
Not open for further replies.

CazTGG

Source: https://pressprogress.ca/university...trol-crazy-women-because-men-cant-fight-them/

In a new video published this week on the U of T professor’s YouTube channel, Peterson detailed his thoughts on why he believes men are unable to “control crazy women”:

“Here’s the problem: I know how to stand up to a man who’s unfairly trespassing against me, and the reason I know that is because the parameters for my resistance are quite well-defined … We talk, we argue, we push and then it becomes physical. Right? If we move beyond the boundaries of civil discourse, we know what the next step is, ok? That’s forbidden in discourse with women. And so I don’t think that men can control crazy women

In the video, Peterson also explains that he has “absolutely no respect” for any “man who wouldn’t fight with you under any circumstances.”

“You know if you’re talking to a man who wouldn’t fight with you under any circumstances whatsoever, then you’re talking to someone to whom you have absolutely no respect.”

Peterson complains “I’m defenceless against that kind of female insanity because the techniques that I would use against a man … are forbidden to me.”

This story's a few weeks old but, in addition to not finding a thread about this, I feel it's relevant given the ongoing discussion in regards to women not feeling safe around men in various industries. We have a professor for one of Canada's most prolific universities asking why he can't assault women who has, thus far, suffered no consequences for their abhorrent remarks.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Watching the video it seems that he was talking about "crazy women" in the same way as he was describing a man unfairly trespassing on him. But what he goes on to say it seems he doesn't understand that men usually have a disproportionate amount of strength that women don't have.

I dislike in fiction when a character says they will absolutely never hit a woman in any circumstance, because their absolute refusal ends up being dumb as shit as the female character is attempting to murder their friends.

If somebody physically assaults me I am going to physically defend myself, man or woman. I know, I'm such a pig...

In fact, the idea that you can't hit women is just a social construct to begin with.

What is forbidden exactly? If someone is a danger to you, you use the force necessary to protect yourself and restrain the other. If they are not a danger, why make the situation dangerous by starting violence. Just walk away. I'm not to worried about "respect" from some random asshole.

Trojita

When is this guy ever going to punch a woman or a man lol

How often does something like this, a situation where a crazy woman is hitting a guy that would need to defend themselves, even happen.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I'm not going to watch his video but does he lay out an example of a situation where an argument with a woman would escalate and "require" violence? What kind of conflict is he talking about? Academic? Domestic?

I guess he is talking about shit like arguing over a parking space or whatever?

Trojita

I'm not going to watch his video but does he lay out an example of a situation where an argument with a woman would escalate and "require" violence? What kind of conflict is he talking about? Academic? Domestic?

A random hypothetical with no background.

It's really weird that he is complaining about not being able to do something. It's not like a law is on the books. If a woman is assaulting you enough to do bodily harm and you fight back, I hope society wouldn't push back if there was footage.

ApharmdX

Banned
Men shouldn't fight crazy people period. I mean, I get what he is saying, kind of. In some circles men have a certain mutual respect and there is just some things that one man doesn't say to another, it will lead to violence. It's part of toxic masculinity, though. It's not really to be applauded.

For me, I'd defend myself against someone who got physical with me, no matter what their sex. But with the right level of force. I'm not going to blast a 120 lb woman with a right hook. These kinds of assholes, I always get the feeling that they are just looking for an excuse to hit a woman, "crazy" or not. Like they want to go back to the days when men beat their wives and girlfriends and society turned a blind eye.

That's probably the exact world that they want, huh?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
A random hypothetical with no background.

It's really weird that he is complaining about not being able to do something. It's not like a law is on the books. If a woman is assaulting you enough to do bodily harm and you fight back, I hope society wouldn't push back if there was footage.
I guess the follow up question to his ranting is "what is the observed frequency of crazy women in your life such that you think this is a problem?"

Trojita

“I’m defenseless against that kind of female insanity because the techniques that I would use against a man who was employing those tactics are forbidden to me … it seems to me that it isn’t men that have to stand up and say ‘enough of this’ even though that is what they should do. It seems to me that it’s sane women who have to stand up against their crazy sisters and say ‘look enough of that, enough man-hating, enough pathology, enough bringing disgrace on us as a gender’.”

How is this forbidden to you? Somebody put a hard lock on you doing it?

The man-hating part and the "control" crazy women part is definitely fauxMRA bullshit.

You can come from a reasoned position that men should at some point be able to defend themselves against anybody attacking them, but this shit is just whining from a hateful viewpoint.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Yes, it's relevant in that it relates in some way to current events. But if you feel the need to append "professional asshole," why are you sharing this with us? We have boatloads of threads about political topics, please consider whether what you're posting is actually necessary or adds to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom