• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bloodborne (PS4, Miyazaki, From) details from Famitsu's preview and interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

RE: Reddit comment

Bonfires? Maybe he meant checkpoint spots. Bonfires are tied to Dark Souls. They may function the same but probably called something else in Bloodborne.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Gave me a supernatural Victorian era vibe, much like the Order. Interesting coincidence as that same era is in Thief and the new Assassin's Creed.

RyanDG

Miyazaki said he wanted to make a more warmer game after demon/dark, im a little interested in what he meant by it?

Key component of the game:

After defeating monsters, you skin and clean them (seen in the trailer). This gives you a large selection of meat. Additionally, throughout the world, you find coal that you need to collect (coal + victorian = obvious). In the hub area of the world where a bunch of NPCs gather, you have the option of opening up a BBQ restaurant. The success and failure of your restaurant is going to depend on how much coal you collect to keep your fires stoked, and how rare of meat you find (plus its freshness). The warmth is coming from the smokers your character runs.

Kuro

Is there going to be whining about every single console game not running at 60fps now? Its really starting to derail game threads. I didn't really care before because 60fps is what I prefer of course but its starting to get ridiculous in every thread.

Ridley327

After defeating monsters, you skin and clean them (seen in the trailer). This gives you a large selection of meat. Additionally, throughout the world, you find coal that you need to collect (coal + victorian = obvious). In the hub area of the world where a bunch of NPCs gather, you have the option of opening up a BBQ restaurant. The success and failure of your restaurant is going to depend on how much coal you collect to keep your fires stoked, and how rare of meat you find (plus its freshness). The warmth is coming from the smokers your character runs.

YOU OVERCOOKED

Shengar

When your restaurant bankrupt
YOU FIRED

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Huh, I don't get it. The 3 souls games didn't have map display either so why do they have to iterate this?

Well, for starters, this isn't a Souls game. People also weren't sure about character customization and we still don't know the extent of the online features. Nothing is a given.

KZObsessed

I hope we have longer, more complex level sections unlike DS2. Like the comment about "discovering" together. 2015 is gonna be so good.

GorillaJu

Is the word "targeting" really getting such a bad rep from previous interviews? I guess I'll change some of the wording then. Although, in the long run it probably doesn't matter since this is From Software we're talking about. If Miyazaki doesn't have an area filled with poison and death traps which runs at 10fps I think it'll feel weird! Lol.

I don't care to make this a pedantic argument, but なる予定 doesn't have the same loaded connotations of 'targeting 30fps' since that's generally PR speak for "won't hit it but we hope you can't tell the difference".

Mr Git

Can't wait. It's been in development for a couple of years then already, looking forward to finding out some more details about it this week. Giddy.

From PS blog for those too lazy to click it in the OP :p

bloodborne-two-column-02-ps4-us-04jun14

Sullichin

Were the Souls games 30fps or 60fps? I've never thought about it before. I suppose with the slower combat style, it's not as big of a deal as it might be in, say, Bayonetta. I've been happy with the series so far, so if they're all 30fps, then no big deal.

That is obviously fake.
20-30fps.

"Main difference is this game is built around co-op, four players."

Loving this. Souls was only fun for me playing with friends. Watching your friends get insta-gibbed or mis-time a jump or just plainly get fucked over by a mob provided me with some of the greatest gaming memories of all time.

The first part of your sentence didn't make much sense to me :/

And so sure about buying without seeing game play? I am also excited for this but noone should be free from criticism, not even From Soft.

Some guy was talking about how much better 60fps makes DS2 on PC. The console version of the game is just bad.

I have 100% faith in From considering the 3 games in the Souls series are some of my absolute favorite games of all time. For me, seeing FROM on a game is almost as good as seeing the Square logo on a game growing up.

Outcome

Banned
I'm glad it is going to be steady 30 fps with a way better graphics and not a fluctuating 30~60 frames with effects restricted in an unsuccessful attempt to get steady 60 fps. For me only 1st person gameplay needs at least steady 60 (preferably 120fps or 144fps with appropriate fast monitor).

mrklaw

MrArseFace
+ Spring 2015. Nice. Autumn is too full already for me at least.

+ & - tone. My kids enjoyed watching Dark Souls and this won't be suitable at all for them.

Jaeger

- They started work on this right after finishing Artorias of the Abyss, planning it for Sony's new hardware

Holy shit.

I need this issue so bad.

EDIT - (2014 06/26) That's the issue, correct? I'm about to place an order. I'm expecting artwork/images in it, that would look great in my Souls collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom