• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve: Source 2 has been designed with crossplatform support in the toolchain

I'm *incredibly* curious about it because quite frankly at this point, after years of Source-based stuff, I have absolutely no idea of what Valve is capable of from a "technological" standpoint.

Will they be able to match or even pass some of the most impressive titles/engines around?

I hope they go for full destructability and a seamless way to develop for Linux.

wizzbang

Banned
Source 2 confirmed,
L4D3, L4D4, L4D5, TF3, Portal 3, Counter Strike Source 2 and Ricochet 2 all confirmed.
Oh and L4D6.

LeleSocho

Banned
I'm *incredibly* curious about it because quite frankly at this point, after years of Source-based stuff, I have absolutely no idea of what Valve is capable of from a "technological" standpoint.

Will they be able to match or even pass some of the most impressive titles/engines around?

Yeah me too, from what i know Valve has brilliant people on these kind of stuff so i am actually more curious about Source2 than the games they are building for it.

injurai

Banned
all this source 2 and SDK 2013 tlak surely means HL3 is on the horizon. I be its announced next year if not sooner.

Dmented

Banned
Yeah me too, from what i know Valve has brilliant people on these kind of stuff so i am actually more curious about Source2 than the games they are building for it.

Same here. I want HL3 of course but I don't care what comes out with Source 2 first. I just want to see the engine and mod tools.

Saty

Hope the new engine has better way of displaying subtitles. The way it's done now is very ugly and also takes humongous part of the screen. In some sections of Portal 2 i had half the screen covered with that gray background box and the text.

Orayn

Not too surprising, Hammer is a dinosaur and Valve informally confirmed Source 2 during the visit from /v/ last year.

In fact, it's probably the reason we've heard to little about Valve's post-Dota 2 plans.

Top Bottom