• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster has been delayed to 2014 according to SE reps @ PAX

Caronte

Lol no. This HD remaster is more than worth the wait seeing as it'll be the best one ever released. FFX is easily the best PS2 game and it's getting the love it deserves.

I disagree. They have changed it too much. The characters don't even have the same faces.

benzy

c2m.gif

What game is this?

ohlawd

Lol no. This HD remaster is more than worth the wait seeing as it'll be the best one ever released. FFX is easily the best PS2 game and it's getting the love it deserves.
that's a really weird way of saying Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.

LowParry

Not surprised. A little disappointed. Wife is going to rage though. Tonight's going to be a great night!
In bed!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This is a big undertaking. They completely redid the character models, redid textures all over the place, and on top of that they have to localize content that was never localized.

I've seen other ports get done faster but I suppose it's a bigger RPG. I still have no clue why these Japanese companies don't have their act together with timing.

Cels

i don't really care about a delay. what i do care about is the cg apparently being bad and no lip-resyncing. seriously, squre enix?

SirNinja

Got a source on that?

Yep!

Square Enix has released 40 new screenshots for Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD. All screenshots are in 1080p. The game has been confirmed to run at 1080p, and not 720p like most other PS3 games.

Also, check out some 1920x1080 shots of the various battle UIs [example]. Some textures (like the one behind the "Help" bar up top, and the character portraits) are clearly made with 1080p in mind. There are other signs, too, like the underline below "Command" being exactly one pixel high at that resolution.

Seda

It was releasing this year? I was always thinking 2014 anyways

It was announced as a 2013 release back in March before PAX East. However, some press releases at E3 specified "fiscal 2013" release (meaning before March 2014), despite "2013" still showing up in trailers and in the financial reports. Ever since E3 and due to Square's silence on the matter, doubts began to form about the game hitting in calendar 2013. The Gamescom trailer didn't give any date at all (not even a year) and now representatives at PAX Prime are first to openly say anything about the date in a while. You always have to be wary on how much convention people actually know, but you'd think they'd be prepped on how to answer such a question.

Wazzy

Banned
Ugh I hope this isn't true but I know it probably is. I was getting so excited to play it(even though the vita version has been quiet) since I haven't in a long time

HeelPower

TLOU was in development since 2009 or after UC 2 release. But the thing with SE is that they announce games way too early. Looking at KH 3 announcement, they haven't learned anything from history. KH 3 will be a 2016 title at the earliest.

So even FFX HD Remaster announcement in 2011 was too early ?

This excuse is nothing but embarrassment at this point.

KH3 announcement didnot even excite me. I was more shocked than happy. The game is the next Versus as Kagari once said.

Plus its been so long since I played KH2 back in 2006...The series lost so much momentum since then. SE almost killed it.

The more I play games and expand myself as a gamer, the more I realize that its actually easier to move on from SE than it seems.

Aurizen

I really hope this is wrong, I hope SE does something to push this out. overtime, getting more people on the project.... something :(

Replicant

tbh, October to the end of the year is already packed and I doubt I can squeeze out more money out of my wallet. So this is kind of a blessing in disguise, I guess.

Reveirg

I'd rather have it delayed and done correctly than rushed.

They're redoing the music... That alone makes the wait worthwhile.

The past has shown that S-E is amongst the best at remaking games (FFIV, Tactics Ogre, KH HD, Romancing SaGa).

ranmafan

I also wonder if its delayed in Japan too. I really hope not since thats the one I'm getting, but no matter it sucks a bit for the western market. But if it means a better game, Ill take a delay always.

x-Lundz-x

I want to give my PS3 to my dad once the PS4 is out, so maybe hope of a PS4 version now?

Sucks this was delayed though, I am really looking forward to to this.

kurahador

Goddamn it square enix!!

Say that they want to release one FF per year---2013 FFXIV, 2014 FFX/X-2, Lightning Returns 2015, FXV 2016??

Velcro Fly

Between this delay and Rayman Legends not having invasion levels that wonderful second half of 2013 for the Vita has quickly turned sour.

Ponn

Banned
Well, can't be to mad. Getting KH HD Remix in about a week. Between that, Disgaea D2 and Batman Origins/Blackgate Vita didn't have much room for this over the holidays anyways.

cafemomo

Disappointing if true.
But 2014 is gonna be an amazing year for Square (well for me)

Bravely Default
FFX/X-2HD
Lightning Returns

It will be worth the wait.

HeelPower

Disappointing if true.
But 2014 is gonna be an amazing year for Square (well for me)

Bravely Default
FFX/X-2HD
Lightning Returns

It will be worth the wait.

I don't understand "worth the wait" comments....FFX HD is still that same FFX from over a decade ago.Its the same damn game.

No we weren't supposed to wait 3 years,and I am saying that about one of my most cherished games.

I am betting ARR is making them confident about these silly delays.

Squire

Banned
I don't understand "worth the wait" comments....FFX HD is still that same FFX from over a decade ago.Its the same damn game.

No we weren't supposed to wait 3 years,and I am saying that about one of my most cherished games.

Seriously. It's a graphical update of an already made game, guys. There's no design work happening here. It should've been out a loooooong time ago.

cafemomo

maybe I'm just blindly following square, but I'm sure there is a good reason for such a delay.

If they delay it too long into 2014, they may lose a lot of sales as more people move over to the new consoles. Disappointing.

cafemomo

It better look like Agni's Philosophy then.

Look I can't wait for X HD as well (X is personally in my top 5 of FFs) but delays happen. And this is Square we are talking about, everyone should know about the trickery they always pull so something like this should be expected.

Top Bottom