• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Defenders |OT| Featuring The Worst Iron Fist - August 18th on Netflix

Karen is in some episodes, my main interest right now is if they are going to take her down the path of making DD S3 the Frank Miller (I know) 'Born Again' storyline. Because I'd kind of like to see that.

kaskade

Man I don’t know if i should finish Luke Cage before I start this. I got to episode 7, not that I hated it but it wasn’t really gripping me. Judging by the reaction from Iron Fist I definitely wont be watching that anyway.

Vic_Viper

have places actually seen all the episodes already or are all these "reviews" out of like half the season?

They are all the first half.

So Netflix made the mistake of not giving any of the heroes a costume in their own 1st seasons, and finally gave DD and Punisher their costumes in the 2nd season. Who wants to bet that DD doesnt put his costume on until the last few episodes in this show lol.

I hope Disney continues to make these shows, either with Netflix or not, for atleast a bit while longer. I would really like to see them do a DD season 3 the most but would also love to see them do a Heroes for Hire with Luke Cage and Danny Rand. If they dont do another Season for the Defenders after this, I would really like to see them end it with atleast a film.

LotusHD

Banned
They are all the first half.

So Netflix made the mistake of not giving any of the heroes a costume in their own 1st seasons, and finally gave DD and Punisher their costumes in the 2nd season. Who wants to bet that DD doesnt put his costume on until the last few episodes in this show lol.

I hope Disney continues to make these shows, either with Netflix or not, for atleast a bit while longer. I would really like to see them do a DD season 3 the most but would also love to see them do a Heroes for Hire with Luke Cage and Danny Rand. If they dont do another Season for the Defenders after this, I would really like to see them end it with atleast a film.

DD had a cool ass outfit in the first season, and got his known one in the first season anyhow.

It's crazy how little enthusiasm I have for this. I was blown away by that first Daredevil season but each other netflix marvel series has just chipped away at my interest. I'll at least give the first episode a watch, I gave Iron Fist that much.

Dysun

I would be more excited for a Daredevil Season 3, but this will do fine. Hopefully it will break out of the funk Netflix MCU has been in

Vic_Viper

DD had a cool ass outfit in the first season, and got his known one in the first season anyhow.

I agree but since then only costume that have shown up are brief cameos like Luke's (lol) and JJ's in flashbacks. Not that I want JJ to wear a costume but I think Iron Fist should definitely be wearing one by now. If they dont want to do the classic one, the new suit in the Defenders book by Bendis would work perfectly. Pretty much a Bruce Lee style but with the Iron Fist mask.

LotusHD

Banned
I agree but since then only costume that have shown up are brief cameos like Luke's (lol) and JJ's in flashbacks. Not that I want JJ to wear a costume but I think Iron Fist should definitely be wearing one by now. If they dont want to do the classic one, the new suit in the Defenders book by Bendis would work perfectly. Pretty much a Bruce Lee style but with the Iron Fist mask.

I feel like only DD and IF need to be wearing one. Jessica isn't the type of person to give a fuck about stuff like that anymore for one thing. That said, Luke could serve to wear more yellow I guess, I don't recall how often he did, but yea that'd be a fair compromise, doesn't have to go full tiara.

I finally got around to watching Iron Fist. I'm surprised how it was so poorly received, I'm really enjoying it. I thought the same thing about the other Defenders shows other than Daredevil, though. All of the Netflix Marvel stuff so far has been spot on for me.

Vic_Viper

Charlie Cox did an interview yesterday and pretty much confirmed this is the end of "Phase One". Not sure what happens now that Disney is pulling out of Netflix but this is great news!

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Charlie Cox did an interview yesterday and pretty much confirmed this is the end of "Phase One". Not sure what happens now that Disney is pulling out of Netflix but this is great news!

Not much since they've already confirmed 5 show season after The Defenders.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
*rubs temples*

elaborate, please?

DD, JJ, LC all fell off completely the rails at one point(at least for me) Iron Fist didn't....Other than a few phoned in fight scenes I felt Iron Fist was damn near flawless. LOVED all the characters (can't say that about any other Marvel Netflix show) plot was great was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Funny thing I fucking HATED the Iron Fist comic as a kid so my expectations for this were the lowest that might have a lot to do with why I like it so much. Also the Meachum family drama was good enough to be its own show...IMO

DeathyBoy

Banned
DD, JJ, LC all fell off completely the rails at one point(at least for me) Iron Fist didn't....Other than a few phoned in fight scenes I felt Iron Fist was damn near flawless. LOVED all the characters (can't say that about any other Marvel Netflix show) plot was great was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Funny thing I fucking HATED the Iron Fist comic as a kid so my expectations for this were the lowest that might have a lot to do with why I like it so much. Also the Meachum family drama was good enough to be its own show...IMO

Damn near flawless?

But it's so fresh and so clean clean...

SpaceWolf

Banned

People realise literally all these shows have new seasons that are currently in production, right?

sasliquid

Karen is in some episodes, my main interest right now is if they are going to take her down the path of making DD S3 the Frank Miller (I know) 'Born Again' storyline. Because I'd kind of like to see that.

In some alternate universe Born Again gets the film treatment it deserves

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

giphy.gif

Grinchy

Banned
Looking forward to this since I liked Daredevil a lot and Luke Cage has been great so far. I just wish Jessica Jones wasn't in it. Can't stand her.

SpaceWolf

Banned
The Meechum plot line WAS easily the best part about Iron Fist, though. Tom Pelphrey did a fantastic job with what little he was given, certainly in comparison to Finn Jones.

Vic_Viper

Not much since they've already confirmed 5 show season after The Defenders.

People realise literally all these shows have new seasons that are currently in production, right?

Yes Netflix has started new seasons for everything so far accept DD. But the Disney streaming series won't be available until around 2019. So anything after these seasons already in production is still up in the air. This being the end of Phase 1 and the start of Phase 2 with the Defenders wasn't known until they did these interviews.

Now Disny has already started walking back comments they've made about Marvel properties specifically, leading people to think Marvel will stay with Netflix atleast for now. It would suck to have to switch to a new streaming service just to continue watching these shows but I wouldn't put it past Disney if they think they can do it without loosing viewers.

Gotta finish that last episode of iron fist. Still have half of like cage to go.

From what I've read, Defenders will be continuing directly after Iron Fist and finishing a lot of the plot lines directly.

If you haven't seen it yet and want to, I recommend watching Iron Fist before starting the Defenders tomorrow, if only for the overall plot threads lol. Hope the DD showrunners can do a better job with Danny. Atleast they got the DD fight choreographer for this show.

Shaanyboi

Banned
So are we expecting this to just be Shadowland.

Not at this point. Maybe they have Daredevil switch teams for like an episode or something, all for the sake of saving Elektra, or they end with him becoming leader of the remaining Hand, or I dunno... But they seem focused on their slow build of this team coming together. Maybe Daredevil Season 4 or Defenders 2, Shadowland would be a good fit. Hell, by the time Defenders 2 comes around, you'll probably have a way bigger supporting cast of heroes. Jessica, Luke, Danny, but also Hellcat, Colleen and Misty, Frank...

Shaanyboi

Banned
Can I jump into this if I haven't seen Iron Fist? That's the only series I haven't seen, I'm up to date on all the others.

I can't imagine this show is operating without even a bit of "Hey, not everyone may have seen all these shows. We need to be somewhat accessible for new people."

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Have the day off tomorrow. Guess I'll binge it a bit.

I have to say though, Iron Fist really put a damper on this for me.

AMUSIX

Can I jump into this if I haven't seen Iron Fist? That's the only series I haven't seen, I'm up to date on all the others.

The things you need to know from Iron Fist:

-Danny Rand is young, developmentally. He disappeared when he was 10, and has spent the rest of his life isolated from greater society. Maintains that 10-year-old impulsiveness and optimism (people are good, telling the truth is always the best way, etc). This is what gets him into the most trouble in the series.

-The Hand is made up of different sects, which sometimes war against each other in their beliefs of how best to achieve different goals.

-Madame Gao leads one of these sects.

-Colleen Wing used to recruit for The Hand, but then left them (with much fighting).

-Claire is learning to fight because she keeps winding up in situations against thugs and ninjae.

carlsojo

Only one I've made it through is Daredevil but I'm still pretty excited for this. The team looks good together.

Punisher cameo plz

Top Bottom