• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

FGMPR

Banned
90% done downloading. Reading about this controller bug is making me nervous. There's no way I'm playing a Devil May Cry game with a keyboard :(

Wtf is with the screen tearing during the cut scenes on the pc version? Fucking horrid, hope this garbage is fixed soon.

I'm running at max settings @ 3200 x 1800 with vsync on and haven't encounted screentearing of any kind(although there is some degree of compression). Could it be something on your end?

Haven't played enough to judge the combat, on its own or in comparison to the other games but this game looks stunning. Just absolutely wowed by the art style, can't imagine playing at 30 FPS either.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I'm running at max settings @ 3200 x 1800 with vsync on and haven't encounted screentearing of any kind(although there is some degree of compression). Could it be something on your end?

Haven't played enough to judge the combat, on its own or in comparison to the other games but this game looks stunning. Just absolutely wowed by the art style, can't imagine playing at 30 FPS either.

I'm only running it at 1080p, looks like its mentioned in reviews so I doubt it's me.

There is a large amount of screen tearing during cut scenes

A few technical hitches in the PC version of the game. Most notably, screen tearing in some cutscenes.

Skyler

Unconfirmed Member
DualShock/MotionJoy possibly worked for me because I inserted the controller and enabled it after loading the game up and getting to the start screen (simply because I forgot to do it beforehand.)

Mine doesn't!
Crashes before NT logo when I leave it plugged. I unplug the controller then get in game. Crashes as soon as I plug it.
The only other thing I did, before I got in game, was use "Verifying Game Cache Files" on Steam (as a precaution to the messy pre-loading business.)

hwalker84

Noticed the tearing in the cutscenes on my computer also. Doesn't deter from how much better it looks and runs that the PS3 and Xbox.

DualShock/MotionJoy possibly worked for me because I inserted the controller and enabled it after loading the game up and getting to the start screen (simply because I forgot to do it beforehand.)
I tried this earlier but still the same. Game simply freezes.

FMV cutscenes have screen tearing and I have Vsync on already.

TP

I've been using MotioninJoy and have had no problems. I launch the program before I start the game.
Hopefully the issue is fixed soon.

I think I might have ran into a demon dodge glitch in chapter 19. I would correctly dodge the boss's attacks and activate the demon dodge bonus but I would still get hit while the slowdown animation was in effect. I though that the boss was just harder to dodge so I tried it over and over. I exit to the main menu and reload the checkpoint and the dodge was working how it was before, suddenly the boss is easy mode.

Also, for extra lols

iVWNflC.png

jett

D-Member
I've been using MotioninJoy and have had no problems. I launch the program before I start the game.
Hopefully the issue is fixed soon.

I think I might have ran into a demon dodge glitch in chapter 19. I would correctly dodge the boss's attacks and activate the demon dodge bonus but I would still get hit while the slowdown animation was in effect. I though that the boss was just harder to dodge so I tried it over and over. I exit to the main menu and reload the checkpoint and the dodge was working how it was before, suddenly the boss is easy mode.

Also, for extra lols

Your ranking might be SSS but you lose 10% of your total score for each death.

TP

What is going on with this game

I demon dodge one of the final boss's attacks and do enough damage to empty out his lifebar. It then immediately fills all the way up and my attacks stop doing damage. A reload fixed it.

But on the plus side you can skip those annoying in game cut scenes with select during that boss fight

Midou

Is there a way to get son of sparda unlocked from the start on PC, through like a tweak or something? I played the PS3 demo on it and didn't seem that bad, don't want to start off an an easier difficulty first..

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Had a weird ass glitch where I hit someone out of demon dodge while getting hit and had both an SSS and B ranking in combat overlayed at the same time.

Hixx

Only played the first 3 missions but I'm really enjoying this. There are times when I wish the camera would move a bit further back so I had a better view in combat but it's not been too big a problem so far.

In the platforming tutorial kinda levels, I keep wishing that Enslaved had gotten a PC release, though. So pretty.

fantastic, game still won't download for me

It's been unpacking for hours. If I have to redownload the 7+ gigs all over again I might as well just install Dishonored instead.

EDIT: Yeah, this isn't worth it.

jett

D-Member
Just finished Mission 2. Thankfully no problems with my controller, sadly though my aging PC can't keep up and I do get some stuttering, but I'm perceiving the actual feel of 60fps at least. :p It always stays above 30fps at least, but the stuttering annoys. It sucks not having the moves I had in the demo, but them's the breaks. Got my demon dodge and triple smash at least, time to get some SSS rankings. :lol Even at 720p it looks a lot cleaner than on my PS3, pretty strange.

The story so far is working a lot better than it did broken apart in trailers and previews. Too bad some douches had to douche it up and discuss end bosses and endings and all kinds of spoilers a week before the game was actually out on consoles. Oh well.

FaintDeftone

Man, this game absolutely SCREAMS on the PC! Looks great, runs great, and plays great. I'm using a 360 controller right now and I doubt I will ever attempt to play it with the keyboard, so I cannot comment on that aspect.

I also have the screen tearing issue. The gameplay has zero screen tearing but the cutscenes do. Not that big of a deal but I would love to have it fixed.

Papercuts

I hate it when you get those small enemies and Dante decides to aim for those. It makes combos drop so bad and ruins the combat.

It ends up being more annoying when he doesn't aim for them, since IMO they should be prioritized. Once you get to SoS and DMD the hardest aspect to me is trying to take them out and fighting the lock on to make it work.

BadAss2961

Just finished Mission 2. Thankfully no problems with my controller, sadly though my aging PC can't keep up and I do get some stuttering, but I'm perceiving the actual feel of 60fps at least. :p It always stays above 30fps at least, but the stuttering annoys. It sucks not having the moves I had in the demo, but them's the breaks. Got my demon dodge and triple smash at least, time to get some SSS rankings. :lol Even at 720p it looks a lot cleaner than on my PS3, pretty strange.

The story so far is working a lot better than it did broken apart in trailers and previews. Too bad some douches had to douche it up and discuss end bosses and endings and all kinds of spoilers a week before the game was actually out on consoles. Oh well.
Specs? Just curious.

How many of you are coming into this game off the back of only playing the original Devil May Cry? I loved it, but never felt compelled to check out the rest of the series. The design and aesthetic of the remake has really grabbed me, and I found Brad Shoemaker's review on GiantBomb to be a good reference point for me, considering he'd only played the first one as well.

Anyway, currently downloading it from Steam, so can't wait to play it in glorious 1080p/60fps. I wonder how well it'll work in 3D, as I had a blast with the Batman games in 3D. And it would seem like it would work well in 3D, provided it gets decent support.

Play the game with a contoller....otherwise good luck.

Man, this game absolutely SCREAMS on the PC! Looks great, runs great, and plays great. I'm using a 360 controller right now and I doubt I will ever attempt to play it with the keyboard, so I cannot comment on that aspect.

I also have the screen tearing issue. The gameplay has zero screen tearing but the cutscenes do. Not that big of a deal but I would love to have it fixed.

I think there was a comparison video on gamespot that said to put the refresh rate at 24hz or something to prevent the screen tearing during cutscenes. Anyone know what they could be talking about.

Played for about 2 hours.

Complaints about the bosses are a bit unjustified. They are not amazing, but they are not "bad" either. They fit nicely into the game.

PC version infinitely better than PS3 - almost feels like I'm playing a different game. Limbo on PS3 looked like an orange and yellow mess, but on PC it is sharp and it looks great. For people complaining about only fighting in Limbo...I think that was the point.

Combat is very fresh given the different whips and weapons you get - it's much slowed down compared to previous DMCs, however. Staying in the air using JC and other techniques is quite easy - perhaps they'll patch in finer timing for higher difficulties.

Overall the game is gorgeous, the characters and voice acting is superb, the story is decent (so far). The action is quite good and stringing together interesting combos is non-trivial. This is a nice example how to make something accessible yet still leave room for advanced play (I am by no means a DMC expert).

As for personal taste, the combat is comparable in flash to DMC3 and 4. DMC3 is still my favorite DMC game (that might change once I finish this one), but DmC is already a much better game than DMC4 (I know many will disagree) due to overall quality.

If you've only played this on console, I strongly recommend getting in on a capable PC and experiencing this game in all it's glory.

A note on screen tearing - yes it's there during the cutscences only, but it's no big deal. You can try forcing Vsync in the Nvidia/AMD control panel.

Sora_N

I'm on Mission 16, I'm somewhat enjoying this game just like I enjoyed the last NT game I played (enslaved). It really doesn't feel like a DMC game though, but some of the combat is pretty close. I like the character interaction in this game, just like enslaved, but the story is pretty bleh in this one.

jett

D-Member
Specs? Just curious.

C2D@1.86+4670. Hell, it's below the minimum requirements. :lol But I know not to pay much attention to that anymore.

It has served me well for several years(cpu is 6 years old, gpu is 4), all things considered. But soon enough I'll be replacing it.

Papercuts

Played for about 2 hours.

Complaints about the bosses are a bit unjustified. They are not amazing, but they are not "bad" either. They fit nicely into the game.

PC version infinitely better than PS3 - almost feels like I'm playing a different game. Limbo on PS3 looked like an orange and yellow mess, but on PC it is sharp and it looks great. For people complaining about only fighting in Limbo...I think that was the point.

Combat is very fresh given the different whips and weapons you get - it's much slowed down compared to previous DMCs, however. Staying in the air using JC and other techniques is quite easy - perhaps they'll patch in finer timing for higher difficulties.

Overall the game is gorgeous, the characters and voice acting is superb, the story is decent (so far). The action is quite good and stringing together interesting combos is non-trivial. This is a nice example how to make something accessible yet still leave room for advanced play (I am by no means a DMC expert).

As for personal taste, the combat is comparable in flash to DMC3 and 4. DMC3 is still my favorite DMC game (that might change once I finish this one), but DmC is already a much better game than DMC4 (I know many will disagree) due to overall quality.

If you've only played this on console, I strongly recommend getting in on a capable PC and experiencing this game in all it's glory.

A note on screen tearing - yes it's there during the cutscences only, but it's no big deal. You can try forcing Vsync in the Nvidia/AMD control panel.

Eh, the boss complaints are warrented. I'm assuming at that point you have maybe seen 2, and the first one is one of the better ones in the game actually. They barely change on higher difficulty which is completely unlike past DMC games.

Gbraga

Looks like you can't remap Gun Special and Devil Trigger in the PC version, that really sucks, please fix this shit Capcom.

Top Bottom