• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[ARCHIVE UP] The Giant Bomb "We've Got A Wii U" Live Stream

farnham

Banned
will get trine day one

also duh.. always thought trine would be a perfect match for wii controls..

great thing that trine 2 proves it

Alex

Not as good as the other versions though. I

They just said on the Stream it looked a little scaled back from PC but on par with other consoles.

And I absolutely COULD NOT for the life of me use the Wizard on a 360 pad when I played on PC, I had to swap to mouse and keyboard, so I have to imagine the Wii remote is better at it.

1353284331460xqy2r.png

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It's been a long time since I've experienced a console launch. Is this shitter than average or what

I'd say it's shittier than average simply because it brings nothing new to the table. We've had this level of graphics for years now and none of the games seem to really utilize the gamepad (the only really new thing with this system) in interesting ways. The lineup also consists mostly of games that can be purchased for cheaper elsewhere and also feature inferior performance.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't trine a two button game? Just jump and do your primary function right? It seems like if you mapped those two functions to the l and zl you don't have to worry about taking your right hand off the controls.

farnham

Banned
I'd say it's shittier than average simply because it brings nothing new to the table. We've had this level of graphics for years now and none of the games seem to really utilize the gamepad (the only really new thing with this system) in interesting ways. The lineup also consists mostly of games that can be purchased for cheaper elsewhere and also feature inferior performance.

nintendoland seems to be using it well

Alex

Quick and dirty ports are never a fair indication, but it's pretty worrisome if nearly everything on this machine is lacking in some way compared to other platforms.

SJRB

Gold Member
Trine 2 DC cost $20 on eShop? lol. I got both games for less than $6 on Steam.

This is a pretty crucial factor I don't fully understand.

Who the hell is going to drop 60 bucks for a game like Arkham City, while the pc version not only looks and performs 10 times better but is also 10 times cheaper?

Same goes for many of the ports, including Trine.

StuBurns

Banned
Quick and dirty ports are never a fair indication, but it's pretty worrisome if nearly everything on this machine is lacking in some way compared to other platforms.
There is nothing quick about these ports, some of them were announced at E3'11, rushed is not an argument for any of these issues.

FStop7

Banned

Darksiders 2 and Arkham City were announced at E3 11, no?

Beaten ;_;

Who the hell is going to drop 60 bucks for a game like Arkham City, while the pc version not only looks and performs 10 times better but is also 10 times cheaper?

But then they'd have to spend half an hour adjusting the innards of their PC and you know how hard that is

Being honest though, the crazy pricing on PC is something pretty alien to other platforms. Except maybe iOS

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Well theres been a lot of very specific things to be disappointed about.

- Super long load times just using the system menus
- No Achievements
- No gamepad support for Wii and Virtual Console games
- No online gameplay for the two biggest launch titles
- account management problems
- Disappointing specs from the teardown

Server issues are to be expected for any launch of any popular thing, and game libraries are always verying levels of poor until there's time to build up, but a lot of this other stuff will never be addressed until the next system 5 years from now.

farnham

Banned

well i will buy trine2 for the wiimote controls

but i agree 10 dollars would be much more rational

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Remember when Rabbids games used to be charming and not feel like soulless cash ins

The first game was ok, the second game is where I bailed out. Though, I watched a group of kids play the later sequels, they look like they enjoy it. It's just really targeted towards kids.

Remember when Rabbids games used to be charming and not feel like soulless cash ins

Rabbids Go Home was cool at least. I really like the Rabbids, just not the games they appear in. I wish Ubisoft would make another "proper" game like Rabbids Go Home. Give us a platformer or something.

Top Bottom