• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Omg I love this game. Got a flip!
DFEZjnUW0AEkAg8.jpg:small

or wind, because 'wind is so powerful'. Anyway I expect xeno saggitarius to be the most useless weapon to avoid using it as mainhand...a katana probably.

Wind is somewhere at the bottom along with light now. It's going to be dork lords that are going to get screwed this time around.

Xisiqomelir

25 Raid battles, and I have 3 books to show for it.

I'm never getting a Harp till I can actually beat the Solo fight, will I?

If you have a crew who can help you (or just access to the GBF Int'l Discord), I'd recommend doing a full hour of the Co-op Vohu (EX 2-2), then spamhosting the Xeno raid to gamble on the guaranteed reds. Much more fruitful than leeching, even if you only pull Sutras.

cress2000

WIth that kit, summer Korwa being SSR is just straight up trolling.

Summer overall this year feels like a complete afterthought so far. Unless August is loaded, wtf are they doing?

Dragner

Summer Korwa is terrible, I assumed it wasnt doing to be as regular korwa for obvious reasons but release this joke character.... Her 3rd skill is her PASSIVE WITH DRAWBACK. she only generates 1 fil each turn and her 2nd skill COST 4!!! Cool skin hidden under a limited SSR, a whale lure if anything.

Also with this announcement surprise ticket is MIA, it was a chance it was today because the game released today on Yahoo games, so they could be saving it for today...but not anymore.

Dragner

GW for september changed from Fire favoured to wind favoured. So Xeno Sagittarius in August/september probably. This probably means also that wont be another fire favoured GW in 2017.

Dragner

GBF wiki doesn't have any info about Summer Korwa, where do you guys check this stuff?
nvm, reddit I guess :D

This is her skillset, from reddit

Skill 1 - Courbe d'Été (Summer Curve) Consume 1 Fil - gives a single Wind party member ATK up and DA up (Duration: 4 turns, CD: 3 turns)
Skill 2 -Rafraichissant Viscose (Refreshing Viscose) Consume 4 Fil - gives all Wind party members only DEF up and chance for reduced damage taken (Duration: 6 turns, CD: 4 turns)
Skill 3 - Modèle d'été (Summer Model) Channelled skill. Kowa no longer attacks. Uplift 20% per turn. Gain +2 Fil per turn. -DEF when in Model form. Can reactivate to cancel. (CD: 3 turns)
Ougi - Blanche Fil (White Thread) Same as current Ougi
Passive 1 - Spinner's Thread Gain 1 Fil per turn. (No more bonus Fil when you get hit)
Passive 2 - New Portfolio (?) Low ATK power, and reduced chance to be targetted

So, a downgrade of sorts... I assume most people would want to pull her to use the summer skin on her regular SSR. I mean, it's not that bad, if you don't have Korwa you can certainly get some decent use out of this version in a wind team, but it's not all that either.

Next time I spend money it will be on a Yugu suptix and that's that.

Thanks for the skillset info!

So, a downgrade of sorts... I assume most people would want to pull her to use the summer skin on her regular SSR. I mean, it's not that bad, if you don't have Korwa you can certainly get some decent use out of this version in a wind team, but it's not all that either.

Next time I spend money it will be on a Yugu suptix and that's that.

Thanks for the skillset info!

The real kicker is that the buffs need a wind team member over her old version which doesn't care.

Looking at this character, its almost feels like this one should have been released first and her normal version released after. Reverse powercreep is weird.

The real kicker is that the buffs need a wind team member over her old version which doesn't care.

Looking at this character, its almost feels like this one should have been released first and her normal version released after. Reverse powercreep is weird.
They probably thought they could sell her on skin alone. It's not like we can see they actual profits based on character release, but I'd be interested in seeing the numbers.

On side stories: I love this. They're not limited in time, you can do your own time grinding them whenever you want, trophies, crystals, rewards and event characters are still available... I can't give as much time to GBF as I'd want, so this is a boon as far as I'm concerned. Cygames PLEASE do "The Freeze" next, I beg you. SOIYA.

cress2000

I think they should have just made this version an SR, as-is. Would have solved all the problems I have with it.

I know a lot of alternative costume limiteds are weaker/artificially gimped/lazily designed gameplaywise but this one is feels like it's pushing new boundaries in sleaziness. Fearing where this game is going to go with KMR in charge.

Definitely think it's "sleazier" to release an overpowered limited version than a decent one. Nothing says old Korwa is removed from the game. If you pull this one nothing says you then can't costume the old one with this one.

Not powercreeping isn't a bad thing lol.

cress2000

I mean it's not like they took original Korwa out and replaced her with this,

This isn't being disputed.

I don't know what's sleazy about not giving a new overpowered character.

Summer Korwa is an SSR character. Limited and not suprise ticketable even. Yet her kit is so underwhelming there's no point using her except perhaps niche situations over her original. So you're just pulling at SSR draw rates for a freaking skin. She doesn't need to supersede the original to be useful (see: Narmaya), so the value proposition here is insultingly lacking if you ask me.

cress2000

So you're... free to not pull? I still don't get what's sleazy about it.

I guess I don't care for it being cosmetic whale bait. It's too bad because I probably would have happily paid 3k coins for it if you could just purchase it.

EDIT: The lame kit is also leaving money on the table for those who would've otherwise tried pulling for that too if it was decent enough. Joke's on Cygames for that, but I guess waifu power really pays, or they're trying to determine what length they can go to with that to to keep people paying for the least amount of effort.

EDIT 2: I also say sleazy because this seems to be one of those most extreme examples of what I've been trying to talk about.

So, uh... What's wrong with the kit?

You can essentially keep double the attack power bonus of OG Korwa up indefinitely on at least two party members(can probably even manage 3 if you have a composition with proper meter accel/management), and maintaining it is far more consistent since you don't have to pray for enemies to hit her.

There's no TA attached, sure, but 60% DA at full tilt is serviceable and there are compositions that can make up the deficit. This iteration of Korwa likely pairs even better with 5* Nio than the original does, for example.

Is the kit better than what's still considered the gold standard buffer in the game, who was originally planned to never re-enter gatcha past her debut? Maybe not, but I definitely see some possible wind teams where I'd want to run this over the original.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm finding the raid system a bit annoying again. I don't get why they won't add new raids to the list until the ones that are finished are over. I get that they want to ensure people finish raids for people, but for this event, doing the 3EP raids don't give you anything and they keep crowding the list because no one wants to do them.

I'm finding the raid system a bit annoying again. I don't get why they won't add new raids to the list until the ones that are finished are over. I get that they want to ensure people finish raids for people, but for this event, doing the 3EP raids don't give you anything and they keep crowding the list because no one wants to do them.

I dont understand, since the cost of the raid decreases over time and over damage, some people just wait until 2 or 1 EP to get into the raid. I havent seen the issue you mention though its easy to just start a raid, you dont have to complete missions with only joining other peoples raids.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I dont understand, since the cost of the raid decreases over time and over damage, some people just wait until 2 or 1 EP to get into the raid. I havent seen the issue you mention though its easy to just start a raid, you dont have to complete missions with only joining other peoples raids.
I know, but you're doing 20 raids and I'd rather just use EP than stamina if I had the choice. They should just keep adding raids to the list rather than lock the list to 1 raid until it's finished.

Xisiqomelir

I know, but you're doing 20 raids and I'd rather just use EP than stamina if I had the choice. They should just keep adding raids to the list rather than lock the list to 1 raid until it's finished.

I agree with this.

This workaround, until they re-do it, is to use a raidfinder.

Spent $260 to spark. At 258 rolls waiting for the free rolls to top me off. No chicken or s zoey yet, I need at least one so I can spark the other.
21 SSR from 258 so far though, including new water shiva

sasuke_91

I decided to try out this game and got it on Android. My first 10-pull got me Claíomh Solais with Charlotta. I guess that's a keeper?

New gacha games always overwhelm me with how much you can do. I'll need some time for this game to really click with me. I LOVE the artstyle and the soundtrack though. The game feels a little clunky on Android, but I can deal with that.

Draxal

I decided to try out this game and got it on Android. My first 10-pull got me Claíomh Solais with Charlotta. I guess that's a keeper?

New gacha games always overwhelm me with how much you can do. I'll need some time for this game to really click with me. I LOVE the artstyle and the soundtrack though. The game feels a little clunky on Android, but I can deal with that.

Charlotta got buffed, and its a great time to start right now with the free ten rolls, and you got a choice of either summer zoey or mahira for start dash ticket.

bigkrev

The advantage of Android is that if you want to spend money on the game, it's super easy (the Android App lets me use my US Google Play account to buy Granblue Coins), while if you are on PC/iOS, you will need to be buying JPN iTunes/Mobacoin cards online, usually at a premium.

With the conversion rate the way it is right now, It's like $25 to do a 10 draw on Google, where buying cards would cost in the mid 30s

sasuke_91

Charlotta got buffed, and its a great time to start right now with the free ten rolls, and you got a choice of either summer zoey or mahira for start dash ticket.

No idea what a dash ticket is, but I'm sure I'll find it somehow.
To be honest, I wanted to start this game for some time now since I really liked the artstyle and earlier I saw this tweet by Phazon and decided to just give it a try already. So yeah, the free 10 pulls were the reason :p

The advantage of Android is that if you want to spend money on the game, it's super easy (the Android App lets me use my US Google Play account to buy Granblue Coins), while if you are on PC/iOS, you will need to be buying JPN iTunes/Mobacoin cards online, usually at a premium.

With the conversion rate the way it is right now, It's like $25 to do a 10 draw on Google, where buying cards would cost in the mid 30s

I'm planning on going F2P, but good to know if I ever change my mind.

bigkrev

No idea what a dash ticket is, but I'm sure I'll find it somehow.
To be honest, I wanted to start this game for some time now since I really liked the artstyle and earlier I saw this tweet by Phanzon and decided to just give it a try already. So yeah, the free 10 pulls were the reason :p

I'm planning on going F2P, but good to know if I ever change my mind.

A Dash ticket is an item you can buy as a new account once that lets you select any SSR character that was avalible at the time you made your account. This includes limited characters that are usually only available for limited times (SSR versions of the Story characters, Swimsuit versions of characters, ect). On (increasingly) rare times, there is an item for sale that people call the SupTix, which lets you select any "normal" SSR, but excludes all the special characters that a Dash can get.

sasuke_91

A Dash ticket is an item you can buy as a new account once that lets you select any SSR character that was avalible at the time you made your account. This includes limited characters that are usually only available for limited times (SSR versions of the Story characters, Swimsuit versions of characters, ect). On (increasingly) rare times, there is an item for sale that people call the SupTix, which lets you select any "normal" SSR, but excludes all the special characters that a Dash can get.

Oh so it's the "Beginner's Draw Set". Who should I choose when I get that ticket?

Used a draw ticket and got Anthuria. Are the drop rates that high in this game or am I just lucky?

bigkrev

Oh so it's the "Beginner's Draw Set". Who should I choose when I get that ticket?

Used a draw ticket and got Anthuria. Are the drop rates that high in this game or am I just lucky?

Right now, we are in Premium Gala ("Legfes"), which means that SSR draw rates are doubled, from 3% to 6%

If you want to use your starting ticket, there are a couple of ways to approach it. There is Yodahara (SSR, NOT THE R VERSION), who does a great job of making the early game a lot easier (his charge attack does 1 million damage regardless of any weapons/levels you have). There are Limited characters for each element in the game-as you have Charlotta, a Water character, getting the SSR version of Katalina might be a good choice. Finally, there is nothing wrong with just picking a waifu/husbando that you really like- Granblue is a game, you should enjoy it however you want to!

sasuke_91

Right now, we are in Premium Gala ("Legfes"), which means that SSR draw rates are doubled, from 3% to 6%

If you want to use your starting ticket, there are a couple of ways to approach it. There is Yodahara (SSR, NOT THE R VERSION), who does a great job of making the early game a lot easier (his charge attack does 1 million damage regardless of any weapons/levels you have). There are Limited characters for each element in the game-as you have Charlotta, a Water character, getting the SSR version of Katalina might be a good choice. Finally, there is nothing wrong with just picking a waifu/husbando that you really like- Granblue is a game, you should enjoy it however you want to!

Thanks for the advice :)

Draxal

In a vacumn, zooey. There are alot of good characters, but zooey does something no other unit in the game does.

However, since we have alot of free draws, I'd hold off until next month before using it.

Top Bottom