• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
what do people use their coins on? I usually get the 1.5x EXP item but that's about it so far.

I haven't spent them on anything but Great Balls to get an extra chance at catching a Pokémon. I'm not at the point where I need to use the consumables in order to complete the stages.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
what do people use their coins on? I usually get the 1.5x EXP item but that's about it so far.
Pretty much just that, then MAYBE if the +5 moves or +10 seconds if I've attempted the stage a few times & get really close.

aka_bueno

Pretty much just that, then MAYBE if the +5 moves or +10 seconds if I've attempted the stage a few times & get really close.

How much are the 1.5x EXP?

I haven't bought any items yet, but I do have about 20k coins. 1.5x EXP sure would help with the slow leveling, but I'm not sure I have any Pokemon I want to be investing those boosts on yet ha

idolminds

Neo Member
Mega Mawile is a huge issue for me. I simply cannot get past it. Its disruptions are the worst I've experienced so far :(

It's kicking my ass too. Throws in an extra garbage pokemon on top of your 4 chosen pokemon so it is really hard to get combos going before your board just gets frozen. I think it might be a good idea to buy the -1 pokemon ability for this stage to get some combos rolling.

Though instead of banging my head against that stage all day I've been going back and catching the pokemon I didn't catch along the way. Going quite well now that I have stronger pokemon to hit their weaknesses leaving lots of moves left over.

Kouriozan

Nooooo...
I don't know why but I always press the left option, so when I ran out of move, -1 jewel, didn't want to use it :(
Already happened with past iOS F2P games, I think I personally need a confirmation screen. :lol

adroit

Nooooo...
I don't know why but I always press the left option, so when I ran out of move, -1 jewel, didn't want to use it :(
Already happened with past iOS F2P games, I think I personally need a confirmation screen. :lol
I do that with PIN pads at grocery stores. Some have yes on the left. Some have yes on the right. Arrrrrrrrgh.

Fortunately hasn't happened to me in this game. Think "right is right" (for this game).

Spades

I haven't spent any coins or gems yet. Probably just hoard them for now.

I'm saving mine to either turn into coins at a later date when things get harder, or to buy some more hearts when I'm travelling and don't want to wait for more.

Usually don't enjoy puzzle games but is free and Pomemon so I figured why not.

Now on Stage 49 without any money spent. I usually just guess at these games because I suck, and still kinda doing it but really trying to get into it and am succeeding! Helps that I'm not really playing much ln 3DS so I'm only playing this atm as I'm working on finishng a book and Persona 4 on Vita. I kinda want to fall in and get gems but I won't. Probably all F2P games do this, but I must say ts cool you can buy the gems, then choose to use them at any later time,

Hopefully they drop prices because anything over a retail game price just sounds insane lol. Other than that, I all around enjoy it and can see myself "beating" it. (150 Stages upto Mewtwo I think.) Also cool to see new content coming out, hope they keep that up for years and I may keep coming back.

adroit

I Herd U Liek Mudkips? Because I don't. This slippery salamander is basting my brisket. It looks at 40% catchability and just laughs!

Well, at least I'm leveling up some 'mon today.

40 stages completed
40 S ranks
38 Pokemon caught (2 mega stones)

Can finally move on to world 5 now.
Still enjoying this a lot.

What levels have some of your Pokemon reached? I'm guessing it goes up to ten...?
Also does this game have shiny Pokemon? (My Vulpix icon is gleaming)

aka_bueno

Fuck this game. Can't believe I'm spending more time with a F2P Candy Crush ripoff than my unfinished Alpha Sapphire file :(

Well to be fair, I think this is more of a Puzzle and Dragons "ripoff"....which borrowed the Pokemon gotta catch them all, leveling, type advantages, and evolving features and rolled it into a match 3 puzzle game. It then proceeded to conquer the Japan mobile market and wallets and started the PAD clone frenzy.

Seems we finally came full circle after a billion mobile clones.

Kouriozan

Alright, stage 93 now, I was scared by Mega Mawile based on past impressions but did it first try, might have lucked it though.
I'm still enjoying it daily, still bitter about the wasted jewel but I got Slowbro with it, at least. It was in my "time to catch the Pokémons with Mega I missed" play.

tolkir

40 stages completed
40 S ranks
38 Pokemon caught (2 mega stones)

Can finally move on to world 5 now.
Still enjoying this a lot.

What levels have some of your Pokemon reached? I'm guessing it goes up to ten...?
Also is it confirmed that this game has shiny Pokemon?

57 stages completed (1 Ex)
54 S ranks
52 Pokemon caught (Mew & Absol included)
4 mega stones

0 real money spent.

Draxal

Well to be fair, I think this is more of a Puzzle and Dragons "ripoff"....which borrowed the Pokemon gotta catch them all, leveling, type advantages, and evolving features and rolled it into a match 3 puzzle game. It then proceeded to conquer the Japan mobile market and wallets and started the PAD clone frenzy.

Seems we finally came full circle after a billion mobile clones.

Ayup, except no gacha in this game (all the expert pokemon would be gacha in p&d).

Do Pokemon evolve in the game? I thought that would be the case at first until the evolved form of Pokemon began showing up.

And level 69 wtfffffff how do you beat this?? 7 moves to beat Slowbro and the stage is like 3/4 filled with Slowbro/poke to start. -_________-
edit: nvm just beat it hihihih

Haines

Banned
I'm not sure I understand the megas.

The first two I've got clear rocks around the solution pieces. How does that help me?

Any tips for Mega Mawile?

Mega Mawile.. Stage 90.
Fuck this Pokemon.

Seriously. Over 6 loses. Went back and caught Combuskin and it didn't help. I knew the moment when I would have to spend currency or grind would come.

On the bright side I am now pretty interested in that Puzzles and Dragons thing.

Does Torchic and Combusken abilities stack?

I don't know but I might as well try catching one.

BooJoh

Any suggestions as to what I should use Jewels on? I kind of just used them to get more lives, but I wonder if that's the best idea.

My recommendation is save them up and spend them on coins, since hearts always regenerate but you only get coins after completing a stage - the Meowth stage I mentioned above gives you lots of coins, but it's only once per day, same as the check in coin bonus, whereas you could get 40 hearts a day assuming you play every 2.5 hours.

Base conversion of gems values each heart at 600 coins. With Great Balls costing 2500 coins, I'd almost always rather play again (up to 4 times) instead. Never needed powerups yet but am only at level 98, maybe that'll change. I opted for the 38 hearts and was able to jump way ahead quickly.

I agree with these posts. Jewels are the most valuable currency you have, in general this is how I manage my resources in the game:

-Use hearts to play whatever I feel like playing at the time, but don't buy any.
-Never buy a Great Ball. Coins are so much more valuable than hearts, and you're essentially paying 2500 Coins to not wait 30 minutes for another try. Just use another free heart, the RNG will sometimes screw you even on high % catchability anyway.
-Never ever spend a jewel to prolong a failed stage. That jewel is worth at minimum 5 hearts, so you're better off just taking the loss and trying again, even if that means waiting on hearts to recharge.
-I've been hoarding my coins for the harder stages. I ended up using one on Torchic for extra moves just because 3 seemed ridiculous, but I managed to beat the other 3 move stage in one move (go figure.)

I'll probably hoard my Jewels until I have 12 and then buy Coins with them, since hearts regen for free and once you've bought hearts you're losing free hearts because the clock stops ticking when you're at 5+.

I'm not sure I understand the megas.

The first two I've got clear rocks around the solution pieces. How does that help me?

They clear a bunch of tiles at once, which not only clears disruption blocks, but leads to a cascade of new tiles, giving you a better chance of chaining compared to just 1-2 matches at a time.

EDIT: I managed to beat Mega Lopunny on my first try with 1 turn remaining. My team was Mega Audino (Lv5), Riolu (Lv2), Absol (Lv3), and Eevee (Lv4)

Slermy

Same.

Nintendo's experiments with DLC have been mostly a success but they/TPC really dropped the ball here.

I think the best thing that we can do is to review this game in the eShop, and to constantly "check-in" but never buy anything. I'm pretty sure the check-in process is reporting our gameplay habits. Show them that this isn't a good approach to F2P.

BooJoh

Is there a recommended time to attempt EX stages?

If you have a couple type-advantages and a mega it doesn't hurt to give it a try. They can be tough though, instead of a move limit it's a time limit so you have to just make matches as fast as possible. I've already caught Absol and Rotom and I've just beaten Mega Lopunny.

I think the best thing that we can do is to review this game in the eShop, and to constantly "check-in" but never buy anything. I'm pretty sure the check-in process is reporting our gameplay habits. Show them that this isn't a good approach to F2P.

Pretty much this. Show them that we like the game enough to keep playing, but that we don't want to be nickel-and-dimed. This game is one situation where Club Nintendo surveys would have been a nice thing to have.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
If you have a couple type-advantages and a mega it doesn't hurt to give it a try. They can be tough though, instead of a move limit it's a time limit so you have to just make matches as fast as possible. I've already caught Absol and Rotom and I've just beaten Mega Lopunny.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Koomaster

Mega Mawile.. Stage 90.
Fuck this Pokemon.
Came here to bitch about this one. I do not see how this stage is possible without using coins. Had to get the extra turns, anti-disruption and mega-start to get through it. Usually if I don't beat a stage the first try, I will by the 2nd once I know the gimmick or what to focus on. Mega-Mawile though was 4 turns before I resorted to coins on the 5th. There is just no way to keep up otherwise with all this stage's disruption nonsense.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Came here to bitch about this one. I do not see how this stage is possible without using coins. Had to get the extra turns, anti-disruption and mega-start to get through it. Usually if I don't beat a stage the first try, I will by the 2nd once I know the gimmick or what to focus on. Mega-Mawile though was 4 turns before I resorted to coins on the 5th. There is just no way to keep up otherwise with all this stage's disruption nonsense.
Just beat it; Mega-ing asap is important?

Swamped

Banned
Just starting playing this game! It's pretty fun in a candy-crush sort of way. BUT it has pokemon so is instantly better.

Oh, and how does streetpass work? Can you get jewels from them? I guess I'll have to take my 3DS out and find out!

BooJoh

1500 Coins from Meowth today.

Just starting playing this game! It's pretty fun in a candy-crush sort of way. BUT it has pokemon so is instantly better.

Oh, and how does streetpass work? Can you get jewels from them? I guess I'll have to take my 3DS out and find out!

I got a Jewel from my first pass, a heart at 5 and 10, I'm at 19 now and haven't gotten any other rewards yet.

Dreavus

How big of a difference does leveling up make? I feel like I'm bouncing between tons of guys because of type advantages (other then the ones with Mega stones) which is spreading out the EXP quite a bit.

I guess I can take some solace in knowing that I'm not the only one that Pokemon Shuffle has in its clutches.

I'm just going through the motions and waiting to get 12 Jewels so I can cash out on that.

As of now I don't see anything worth spending coins on anyway other than Exp Points x1.5. Everything else is either too expensive for what it gives you or in the case of Mega Start the team of Audino X Eevee squashes any reason to even consider it and Great Balls are just unneeded simply because RNJesus chooses YES or NO when you tap that Pokeball.

Speaking of Audino X Eevee are there any other Pokemon that go hand in hand to assist in Mega Evolutions later on?

EDIT: RNJesus just blessed me with that Riolu at 11%! So, there you have it!

llehuty

Mega Mawile.. Stage 90.
Fuck this Pokemon.

That pokemon is the wall of the game. Had to get a +5 moves and use a gem to get 5 extra moves at the end.

Same.

Nintendo's experiments with DLC have been mostly a success but they/TPC really dropped the ball here.

I already said this, but the f2p approach is so different to anything nintendo has done before... I feel like we should point fingers at the Pokemon Company.

oti

Banned
Handed a friend of mine this game. He used a jewel for extra turns instead of coins. Now I have to kill him.

adroit

Handed a friend of mine this game. He accidentally used a jewel for extra turns instead of coins. Now I have to kill him.
But killing him won't solve the problem. Just tell him he owes you 99 cents €0.99. Friendship saved. Jewel recovered. 8D

Top Bottom