• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most badass Actor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabanton

For shame, Gaf:

Bruce Willis

I'm afraid Bruce is off the list so is Arnold and Sly.

HOLLYWOOD action man Bruce Willis is the latest movie "tough guy" to cancel a trip to Europe - because he's too scared to fly. The star, who confounded evil terrorists in his Die Hard films, was due to jet to Britain for the premiere of his new movie at the London Film Festival later this month.

But after his children pleaded with him to stay in America, the star told festival organisers he wasn't going anywhere.

The 46-year-old actor hasn't officially explained why he won't travel to Britain. His Los Angeles agent Paul Bloch issued a terse statement saying: "Due to family commitments, Bruce Willis is no longer able to attend the 45th Regus London Film Festival."

Willis joins the ranks of film heroes including Terminator star Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sly "Rambo" Stallone who have refused to fly abroad after terrorist strikes.

As well as missing the first night of his movie Bandits, Willis has cancelled an appearance on the BBC's Michael Parkinson chat show.

conversely, this is why sean bean is awesome:

British actor SEAN BEAN was forced to clamber up mountains on the set of THE LORD OF THE RINGS - because he is petrified of flying. The 48-year-old, who played Boromir in the fantasy movie, refused to use helicopters with his co-stars on the New Zealand set of the hit movie franchise, choosing to walk everywhere instead.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Christopher Lee

leegyjs5.jpg

Just an example why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84i82QxNk74

Really no question after the story Peter Jackson told.

"after his children pleaded with him"

Meh, valid excuse. Just because you're a bad ass doesn't mean you have to be inconsiderate.

Anyway, everyone on this thread is wrong.

Top10JackieChanMoviesArticleImage.jpg

Does your favorite bad ass actor do all of his own stunts? Even if that involves jumping off a flying helicopter? Did any of them break a leg on a stunt and went back to filming on the same day? I didn't think so.

Does your favorite bad ass actor do all of his own stunts? Even if that involves jumping off a flying helicopter? Did any of them break a leg on a stunt and went back to filming on the same day? I didn't think so.

How the hell did I forget Jackie. His only my favorite actor of all time.

"after his children pleaded with him"

Meh, valid excuse. Just because you're a bad ass doesn't mean you have to be inconsiderate.

Anyway, everyone on this thread is wrong.

I wholefully agree. Gotta give the man some respect, IIRC he even dislocated his cheekbone during one of his films.

PJV3

David Niven, Member of Phantom, which patrolled Normandy during D-Day looking out for Nazi's.

1-commando
2-sounds like a member of some James Bond shit.
3-Liberated Europe

Jarmel

Banned
indiana-jones.jpg

Been Han Solo, Indiana Jones, President of the United States, Andrew Davis, Jack Ryan and Rick Deckard.

HOW WAS THIS NOT THE FIRST RESPONSE?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The OP should have defined what he means by 'badass' are we talking real life badassery or on screen?

That and "are they currently still badass" because there are a lot of dudes in this page that haven't been "badass" in the last couple decades, they've been soft and doughy. Physically and in their roles.

Jarmel

Banned
That and "are they currently still badass" because there are a lot of dudes in this page that haven't been "badass" in the last couple decades, they've been soft and doughy. Physically and in their roles.

If we're talking purely physical then the only answer is Bruce Lee. There is no other.

Robert Mitchum, The Night of The Hunter
sjff_01_img0347.jpg

at age 12 his mom sent him to live with his grandparents, but he later went to stay with his older sister after being expelled from school for apparently "scuffling with a principal." later on he ran away from there as well, moving throughout the country on trains and taking up odd jobs such as digging ditches and professional boxing. He was arrested for vagrancy and put on a chain gang, which he escaped at the age of 14 (by his own telling) and returned to live with his grandparents. He almost lost a leg from injuries, met the woman he would one day get married to, and then went on the road again to travel west. After that he did some ghostwriting for an astrologer, worked as a machine operator for lockheed and then decided to try to get some extra work in movies. He got some roles in movies and after making a few, he then got drafted into the army and served for a while before going back into being in movies

He was also stoned all the time, apparently even on movie sets

Toshiro Mifune

mifune.jpg

Claude

Catalina's bitch

Came into this thread looking for Jackie Chan. Was not disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom