• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Community |OT| Pudding Pls (*´`) () (^o^)

Vylash

hDXHWJ5.png

Hyperdimension Neptunia series is a series of (mostly) JRPGs that take place in a world known as Gamindustri, a world ruled by four goddesses that are the personifications of game consoles. The game parodies the real life gaming industry and is full of references regarding events in gaming history as well as references to a wide range of media such as other games, anime, and even manga.

BJ72jHV.png

Neptunia.jpg

Hyperdimension Neptunia
Developer: Idea Factory, Compile Heart
Publisher: NIS America
Platform: PS3
MSRP: $29.99
Best Girl: 2-way tie: Nisa, 5pb
Release Date: August 19, 2010 (JP) March 4, 2011 (NA) March 31, 2011 (EU)

OT

Gamindustri --

A parallel world protected by four goddesses, who are engaged in a war with one another in Celestia.

Meanwhile on the human world, mankind wages war with monsters unleashed by a being named Arfoire.

The tome, Historie, contains the knowledge of the past necessary to end both wars and shape the future.

What fate awaits Neptune in the present? The goddesses' battle for Gameindustri, the Console War.

HyperdimensionNeptuniaMk2.jpg

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
Best Girl: 4-way tie: Nepgear, Falcom, Nisa, 5pb
Release Date: August 18, 2011 (JP) February 28, 2012 (NA) February 24, 2012 (EU)

OT PSN

20XX--Gamindustri faces a dire crisis.

Shops are boarded up, creators are overworked and starving, and death looms over all Gamindustrimen. However, humanity perseveres on!

In years past, the deserted lands of Gamindustri were known as the 'realm of chaos.' Since the advent of ASIC--the Arfoire Syndicate of International Crime--morality has all but vanished. As much as 80 percent of all students are rumored to worship the being known as Arfoire. Parents, knowing this is a poor object to worship, went ahead and taught their children to do so. The government turned a blind eye instead of crushing this crisis in its infancy.

Thus, Gamindustri fell into complete and utter disarray. The citizens have come to accept all of the corruption as normal. They take no issue with acquiring items illegally. Those who were victims of this mentality became exahusted and were sent to wander the Gamindustri Graveyard forever.
HyperdimensionNeptuniaVictory.jpg

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
Best Girl: 4-way tie: Nepgear, Abnes, Histoire, Neptune
Release Date: August 30, 2012 (JP) March 21, 2013 (NA) March 15, 2013 (EU)

OT PSN

A few years have passed since the Deity of Sin's destruction. Even though it's had a few small conflicts here and there, Gamindustri has remained peaceful, and all the CPUs have been living fun and carefree lives.

Then one day, Neptune--the CPU of Planeptune--is swept away to another dimension. The new dimension she arrives in is a very familiar Gamindustri, but with a nostalgic 80's feel to it...

She learns that a mysterious group called "The Seven Sages" have been planning evil schemes meant to eliminate the CPUs in this other Gaminudstri.

Neptunie's new journey to return home, as well as protect this other dimension, starts here...

Hyperdimension_Neptunia_Producing_Perfection_Cover_Art.jpg

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection
Developer: Idea Factory, Compile Heart, Tamsoft
Platform: PS Vita
MSRP: $39.99
Best Girl: Blanc
Release Date: June 20, 2013 (JP) June 3, 2014 (NA) June 6, 2014 (EU)

OT PSN

Behold, Gamindustri—
a world that remains peaceful thanks
to the power of the Console Patron Units.

Suddenly!!!
Something appears and shakes the very foundation of this world!

The world has been taken over by an idol boom.
This growing interest in pop stars
has caused the source of the CPUs’
power —shares —to vanish.

Unable to ignore the situation any longer,
the CPUs call for an emergency meeting…

yAL6qpD.jpg

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth 1
Developer: Compile Heart, Idea Factory, Felistella
Publisher: Idea Factory International
Best Girl: 4-way tie: Tekken, Histoire, Mini Falcom, Blanc
Release Date: October 13th, 2013 (JP) August 26th, 2014 (NA) August 27th, 2014 (EU)

OT PSN

A world protected by four goddesses, known as CPUs.
These four CPUs are locked in a conflict with one another for world domination.
Later, this battle would come to be known as the Console War.
The land where humans reside has been overwhelmed by monsters released
by someone known as Arfoire.

During the Console War, one of the goddesses—Neptune—was defeated by the other three,
and was exiled from Celestia to the lower realm.

It is there that Neptune meets IF and Compa.
Under the guidance of Histoire, she begins her journey to explore
the four lands of Gamindustri...

u8FGrv1.jpg

Hyperdimension Re;Birth 2: Sister's Generation
Developer: Compile Heart, Felistella, Idea Factory
Best Girl: 4-way tie Nepgear, Falcom, 5pb, Tekken
Release Date: March 20, 2014 (JP) January 27th, 2015 (NA) February 6th, 2015 (EU)

OT PSN

Gamindustri faces a dire crisis.
Shops are boarded up, creators are overworked and starving,
and death looms over all Gamindustrimen.

But the CPUs refuse to let this be game over for their world!
Gamindustri had severed its ties to the chaotic Lawless Realm long ago, and yet...
Ever since the advent of ASIC - the Arfoire Syndicate of International Crime -
morality has all but vanished. As much as 80 percent of all students
are rumored to worship a being known as Arfoire.
Parents, despite knowing it to be a poor deity to worship,
have gone ahead and allowed their children to do so.
Even the governing bodies of the world have turned a blind eye to it,
rather than crush the crisis in its infancy.
Basically, Gamindustri was pretty messed up.

Thus did Gamindustri fall into complete and utter disarray.
Those who tire of living in this corrupt world are
sent to wander the Gamindustri Graveyard, forever lost.

HyperdevotionNoire.jpg

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart
Developer: Compile Heart, Sting
Best Girl: 5-way tie Wyn, Saori, Lee Fi, Ai Masujima, Estelle
Release Date: May 29, 2014 (JP) February 24, 2015 (NA) February 27, 2015 (EU)

OT PSN

Gamarket...
Similar, but separate from the world known as Gamindustri...

Neptune, also known as Purple Heart, guards the nation of Planeptune.
Blanc, also known as White Heart, guards the nation of Lowee.
Vert, also known as Green Heart, guards the nation of Leanbox.
Noire, also known as Black Heart, guards the nation of Lastation.

In order to unite the nations of this world, the four CPUs (Console Patron Units) compete with one another and fight for supremacy.

Right before Noire attains her ambition for a united Gamarket under Lastation’s rule, someone cuts off the source of the four CPUs’ powers – their Shares.

To save their world, which has been thrust into a state of chaos, the CPUs decide to join forces in order to bring Gamarket together under one single, unified banner.

But what role will Noire play in this brand-new adventure...?

HyperdimensionNeptuniaU.jpg

Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed
Developer: Tamsoft
Best Girl: TBD, but most likely a 3 way tie between Dengekiko, Famitsu, and Nepgear
Release Date: August 28, 2014 (JP) May 19th, 2015 (NA) Spring 2015 (EU)

250px-Hyperdimension_Neptunia_Victory_II_cover.jpg

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory 2
Platform: PS4
MSRP: $59.99
Best Girl: TBD, but most likely a 3 way tie between Uzume, Negear, and Histoire
Release Date: April 23, 2015 (JP) 2016 (NA) 2016 (EU)

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V Generation
Developer: Compile Heart, Felistella
Best Girl: TBD, but most likely the same as Victory
Release Date: December 18th, 2014 (JP) Summer 2015 (NA) Summer 2015 (EU)

nepu_01_cs1w1_400x.jpg

Tag Team Blanc + Neptune vs. Zombie Army
Developer: Compile Heart
Best Girl: TBD
Release Date: TBD

Neptunia vs. Sega Hard Girls
Developer: Compile Heart
Best Girl: TBD, but most likely Dreamcast-chan
Release Date: TBD

Wwc9o0W.png

thum0.png
thum3.png
thum2.png
thum1.png

thum5.png
thum4.png
thum6.png
thum7.png

thum15.png
thum20.png
thum19.png
thum21.png

thum12.png
thum13.png
thum16.png
thum14.png

thum8.png
thum11.png
thum10.png
thum9.png

zOZbOcO.png

120037.jpg

There was a parallel universe called, Gamindustri. A long time ago, in Gamindustri, a big incident took place. But the conspiracy of the 4 continent's hard driven goddesses, crushed it and brought peace. This is the story of what happened after the goddesses resolved the incident.

Based on the PS3 series of games, the games poke fun at several facts and details of the gaming industry; even to the point were character names are affected. For example "Neptune" is a reference to Sega's unreleased "Neptune" console.

120045.jpg

Manga adaptation of the anime

52141.jpg

This is Gamindustri. Beings called the Goddesses rule the countries of this unreal world. The four Goddesses govern four states: Planeptune, Lastation, Lowee, and Leanbox. For many long years, these countries fought each other over the Shares, the source of the Goddess power.

However, fearful that the conflict would pointlessly erode their countries' strength, the Goddesses signed a Friendship Treaty forbidding them from taking Shares by force.

Under the treaty, the Goddesses and their younger sisters took a step forward to a new stage in their relations. It was the dawn of a new, dynamic era marked occasionally by shared laughter, disputes as well cooperation.

What does the future hold in store for Gamindustri?

Thanks to the forever awesome pariah164 for the help with the banners! <3

Maid

Banned
I don't see Plutia in any best girl category. Must be a mistake.

Damn, we have been going a long way. I'm amazed at the number of titles we have.

Tapejara

Awesome. Subbed. I need to get around to finishing Mk2, but I'm just not enjoying it compared to the first game. Hopefully Victory won't take me as long (I started Mk2 in 2012) because NepNep is back to being the main character.

Also, anyone else pick up the Noire figure IFI was selling?

Neptune OT? interesting, I have bought many games of this series but the only one I have finished was Victory, I enjoyed it but I have a difficult time getting into these games. Even if I REALLY want the Action one(U) on Steam.

Also, Neptune and Plutia are the best, the other girls are all fine except for Vert.

I've always wanted to give this a shot but since they make 15 of them a year I don't know where to start.
Can I just pick up the latest or the first to come out on PS4 and be fine?

Corgi

Banned
Really wish makers and humans get major upgrades, throw them a bone, something equivalent of HDD forms.

only played Rebirth 1 and 2 and some of noire so far... but yeah outside of Cave in rebirth 2, been mostly using CPU's.

unless i've been using them wrong.

Maid

Banned
I've always wanted to give this a shot but since they make 15 of them a year I don't know where to start.
Can I just pick up the latest or the first to come out on PS4 and be fine?

You only need to play Rebirth 1 first and you would be fine.

unless i've been using them wrong.

Not enough love. As long as you have love, anything is possible, including making them broken through grinding.

Seeing this reminds me that I haven't gone back to Re;Birth on Steam since finishing Chapter 3 back in February. Won't be able to for a little while, not with the games coming out now, but man I really want to see through it.

I even bought all the damn DLC for it, that's how much I cared.

Yasumi

Banned
Neato, you used my suggestion for the title. :D
I was going to suggest "Hyperdimension Neptunia Community |OT| We're All Kangaroos" too, but totally forgot to include it.

Zambatoh

I've been playing Re;birth on PC and so far I think it's a pretty cool game. I couldn't stand playing the original game for very long. But this one has been pretty decent so far.
I've only gotten as far as recruiting Iffy into my party though, on account of being distracted by other games.

RK128

Cool so see a community thread for this series :D. It is a great franchise, so it is cool to see it get the treatment other series get on NeoGaf through a community thread :).

Just got Rebirth 1 from the Vita Birthday sale a few weeks back and after 15 hours in.....man is it a fun game :D. The visuals look great on the Vita, the soundtrack is really catchy, the combat system is quite enjoyable and the characters are just full of personality.

My favorite of the characters has to be Neptune, as her fourth-wall breaking nature and happy personality just make every scene full of humor XD! And while she is introduced properly in much latter games, Plutia is another great character too (got her, Pushy and Histore through the DLC packs on PSN); her attacks are very effective, her HDD form is crazy powerful and her healing abilities makes her a very effective party member.

Her character is just....something as well (watched some cut-scenes of Victory online and man, she is quite the character O_O..... Just tormenting her foes and toying with her friends when in HDD form greatly contrasts with her bubbly and air-head like personality her normal form has).

Love the series from just one game so far, and I'm looking forward to Rebirth 2 and 3 when I get around to buying them :).

Didn't know their was a Victory 2 as well.....it that a brand new JRPG in the series or another remake like the rebirth games?

Edit: Got confused by the blue banner X(; Victory 2 is a PS4 game, not a PS Vita one :). Sorry if I confused anyone :(.

Top Bottom