• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

TheGrue

My MH4U New 3DS decided to break the other week and I sent it off. Was hoping I'd get it back today, but it looks like it got to the dispatch place just a little too late to go out for delivery today, so hopefully I get it tomorrow. Wanted to get it set up tonight to get it downloaded overnight, but not going to happen.

Doesn't seem like there will be a midnight launch (or 8PM in my case) at Gamestop for physical copies.

I can at least wait though. I won't triple dip (because I'm buying two copies to play with a friend with).

Samemind

Can anyone allay my fears about the new upgrade system? It doesn't sound like an improvement.

What doesn't sound like an improvement? In my experience, the new upgrade system has allowed me to have dozen different weapons to work with way faster than previous titles. I also love how the new branching system means you don't really have to rely on wikis to keep track of upgrade paths you've already gone through.

Woo-hoo! Time to put in another 400 hours.

Title suggestions:
|OT| MonStyle Hunter
|OT| Desire Sensor is Dead
|OT| Gen. X is Best Gen.

H1PSTER

Which weapon should I main?

I'm doing LS at the moment but it isn't entirely *clicking*, MH4U I was CB and SA but fancy something new before defaulting back to those.

KingClown

Oh man, I'm so excited to pick this game up. I absolutely adored MH4U and poured in over 220 hours into it, with 150 hours or so of it being single player alone. Can't wait to do the same with this one! I won't be able to pick it up until Tuesday though, as I'm heading down to EVO 2016 this weekend.

Been having some fun with the demo and Aerial Insect Glaive and me were meant to be, I love it!

Monster Hunter Generation |OT| Generation X
Ooh, I like this one a lot!

Thanks for the thread. I played a bit of X but only used Nyanta and did village related quests. I can't wait to play this with my friends and with some of you guys!

Fandangox

The monster list is insane. Although I am a bit worried that the lack of secondary variants for some of them means they're not super useful, I hope for example there's a good Duramboros set

Also now that this is mentioned, I haven't actually seen the monster list. I just figured it'd be less than 4U despite Generations being a celebration of the previous games, just because 4U was that crazy with the amount of monsters.

Toxi

Banned
The best part of this game will be hunting Agnaktor again.

CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK PSHEEEEEEEEEEEEW

Tarps

Thanks for the OT ! Subbed.

I can't wait to join the hunt tonight. Also, thread is worthy of a subtitle

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
Arial Insect Glaive here I come!

Edit: Will this game have Monthly updates of new monsters and events just like MH4U?

Kinsei

Banned
I can't wait to see the reactions to Blangonga from all of you that jumped in with the third or fourth gen. It's one of my favorite monsters in the whole series.

4 Ultimate was up at midnight, so this should be also.

Do you mean NA? If so eastern or pacific?

tm24

Something i haven't fully thought out is if the new styles conflict with my style of critdraw and focusing shit to death with a GS. Because it's so goddamn satisfying

DrArchon

Ah yeah, can't wait for Friday (or whenever Amazon gets my game to me). Not sure how much I'll play online with NMS right around the corner, but It'll still feel nice to get back in the game.

TheGrue

My MH4U New 3DS decided to break the other week and I sent it off. Was hoping I'd get it back today, but it looks like it got to the dispatch place just a little too late to go out for delivery today, so hopefully I get it tomorrow. Wanted to get it set up tonight to get it downloaded overnight, but not going to happen.

Well, I guess the tracking wasn't to be trusted as they just delivered it. Hype!

Toxi

Banned
No sunken hollow? Thank god. Volcanic Hollow is enough and the more interesting variant.
What? Hell no. Volcanic Hollow is awful. Area 2 in Volcanic Hollow is one of the worst areas in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Nothing like having to fight a Brachydios or Gravios in that shit. And the music sucks compared to Sunken Hollow.

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
can we just instantly jump on online?

Any repercussions?

Will this game get monthly monster updates like 4?

Thank you.

Kinsei

Banned
can we just instantly jump on online?

Any repercussions?

Will this game get monthly monster updates like 4?

Thank you.

There are hunter arts that you unlock in the single player.

We don't know. There will be DLC but they could be weekly like the games that came before 4U.

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
There are hunter arts that you unlock in the single player.

We don't know. There will be DLC but they could be weekly like the games that came before 4U.

Thank you.

As far as Hunter Arts, from the demo I notice Arial only has 1? Is that the same in the final game too?

I am also assuming you can pick whichever one you want

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
Tomorrow cannot get here fast enough. So little time and so many large monsters to gun down. Will there be a friend code list to hunt with other Gaffers?

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
Two questions:

1. Will we be doing some type of friend code sharing thing so that we can hunt with other gaffers?

(Would be cool to create a giant Slack account group so we can set up hunting times and objectives, etc)

2. How the fuck do you pre order on the 3DS for a digital version of this game? I can't find how to do it anywhere. Is the digital Eshop pre order not up or something??

tuffy

Thank you.

As far as Hunter Arts, from the demo I notice Arial only has 1? Is that the same in the final game too?

You can pick whatever art(s) you want, though they're split between weapon-specific and not. Arial and Adept only get 1, Guild gets 2, Striker gets 3.

Kinsei

Banned
Thank you.

Yes, aerial and adept only have one. It'd be way too OP if they could equip more.

Yes you can. There are general ones that any weapon can equip as well as weapon specific ones. For an example of a weapon specific hunter art dual blades get a skill that causes all of your attacks to hit twice for about 2 minutes.

Apparently Plesioth's hitboxes are completely fixed.

This truly is the greatest game ever.

Fixed Plessy hitboxes and adept dodge? I almost feel bad for it. Almost.

Top Bottom