• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ITT: We post screens that showcase the visual charisma lost by modern Simpsons

Status
Not open for further replies.

rataplein

every time after work or excercise i tell to myself (even if i'm alone): "i don't think a healthy man can make that kind of smell". EVERY FUCKING TIME.

(of course in my language).

Such a great scene and idea. I didn't even know about The Fugitive back then and it was still hilarious. Now it's even better.

That's the wonderful thing about this series. It's funny before you know where a joke comes from, but much funnier afterwards. It was years before I watched Cape Fear, couldn't believe that's where Sideshow Bob's theme came from. The whole movie was like the episode.
662808-simpsons_homer_chainsaw3__2600.gif

123rl

"I guess you're the winner by default, Homer"
"De-fault. The two greatest words in the English language. De-fault. De-fault. De-fault"

It's an Itchy and Scratchy themed ep.

"Ironic clowns" are one of the most overdone archetypes that their predictability and lack of humor are much worse than the mafia archetype.

But they use Krusty to satirize all kinds of things. The media, celebrity, merchandising, etc. Krusty is so useful.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I guess all I see is a jaded, unfunny man. But eh.

Anyway, I loved the Simpsons movie. It's like a movie that was made in the 90's era somehow appearing 2007. What's this board's opinion?

Peagles

Anyway, I loved the Simpsons movie. It's like a movie that was made in the 90's era somehow appearing 2007. What's this board's opinion?

I can't speak for the board, but for me personally it was too little too late. I think I got one small chuckle out of it, and I can't even remember what that was at.

markot

Banned

Meh, it was better than any of the modern stuff, but it still missed the mark.

And krusty is awesome.

Krusty's Accountant: Let me get this straight. You took all the money you made franchising your name and bet it *against* the Harlem Globetrotters?
Krusty the Clown: [miserable] Oh, I thought the Generals were due!
[watches the game on TV]
Krusty the Clown: He's spinning the ball on his finger! Just take it! Take it!
[the Globetrotters score]
Krusty the Clown: That game was fixed! They were using a freakin' ladder, for God's sake!

Dishwalla

Banned
Krusty used to have some of the best characterization in the show. Granted, the writers haven't been able to properly write the character for a number of years, and consequently he hasn't been too terribly funny in quite some time(I think The Last Temptation of Krust started this decline).

And the movie really isn't that good, it's about on par with the recent season episodes, maybe a little bit better. I liked it when it first came out, but in subsequent viewings I found more and more problems with it, and the last time watching it, when it premiered on Fox a couple years ago, I realized how much it already hadn't aged well. The animation is good, but the story is weak as shit, and moments that are supposed to be deep and sincere, like Marge's tape, fall flat. That's not to mention all the stupid jokes like Spider-Pig or President Schwarzenegger and the uselessness of the guest stars(Green Day, Tom Hanks) that the current show is known for. Even the Albert Brooks character isn't as funny as I remember him being the first time I watched it.

Natetan

I only kind of remember it. The shiny hd style and writing were jarring for me.

That's ...all I remember. Also, something something spider pig (didn't find that funny at all)

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

I thought it was pretty good. Not amazing by any stretch, but quite enjoyable.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
But it had the writers of the old series. Hell, the only flaw I could think about it was that it's too Homer-Bart, and we all know how well it works (it doesn't).

Then again it also lacked the nostalgia factor.

Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

I always loved these random lines.

Burns: Oh, and one more thing: [ominously] you must find the jade monkey before the next full moon.
Smithers: Actually sir, we found the jade monkey; it was in your glove compartment.
Burns: And the road maps? And ice scraper?
Smithers: They were in there too, sir.
Burns: Ex-cellent! It's all falling into place.

Dishwalla

Banned
But it had the writers of the old series. Hell, the only flaw I could think about it was that it's too Homer-Bart, and we all know how well it works (it doesn't).

I think one of the problems was that the script was supposedly rewritten at least a hundred times, and so much stuff was cut out, even closing in on the film's release. The staff has always had issues converting the show into a full film(see the efforts in making Kamp Krusty a film), and I guess they just don't have luck with the sort of thing. The same thing happened with Futurama, the newer seasons have been hit or miss with some pretty good content, but none of the four movies was particularly spectacular, with the first one being the best(which really isn't saying much).

What is your favorite "look it's everyone from everything" episode from the "bad" seasons? Mine is most definitely The Rock N Roll Fantasy Camp episode (How I Spent My Strummer Vacation, S14), which is actually pretty great. Great Homer quotes whole episode.

I've stopped doing Simpsons references. No one seems to get them.

I'm probably hanging out with the wrong people.

Some people just miss them, but it's awesome when you know someone who can reply back. Some of the most unexpected laughs I've had are when someone can continue the jade monkey or the frogurt dialogue.

No they're not. Spanish Simpsons is one of the best dubs I've ever heard.

-Bart, quería presentarte a...
-Roscow.
-El capataz de la siderúrgica. Y va a enseñárnosla para que veas de primera mano a auténticos obreros americanos trabajando con total entrega.
-¿Y para qué puñetas quiero ver eso?
-Me lo agradecerás en tu noche de bodas.
-Eh, escuchad! Quiero que ahora saludéis a los Simpson.
-Hooooola.
-El mundo entero se ha vuelto loco!
-Ay, que tienes una esquirla en el pelo!
-Ay, quítamela, quítamela!
-Paaaaaso, que voy ardieeeendoooo
-Papá, ¿por qué me has traído a una siderúrgica gay?
-Qué se yo... esto es una pesadilla... ¡estáis todos locos!
-Pa loca tú, calva!
-Mi hijo no podrá escapar... ¡Todo el mundo es gay! Aaaaah, qué pasa ahora....
-Trabajar... ¡y juguetear!

fundidora+gay+2.jpg

Ithil

Homer-Bart CAN work (Brother From The Same Planet) but very rarely. There's not much territory for it.

Now, Homer-Marge can fuck off.

Ithil

What is your favorite "look it's everyone from everything" episode from the "bad" seasons? Mine is most definitely The Rock N Roll Fantasy Camp episode (How I Spent My Strummer Vacation, S14), which is actually pretty great. Great Homer quotes whole episode.

I always liked that episode, I laughed a lot during it and the Rolling Stones were pretty funny in their guest roles.

Natetan

It lacked the subtle intelligent humor which is what I lov(ed) about the show.

lunchtoast

And here's our TV next to the mirror. It looks like we have two!

Whoa...two!

So GAF, how close are you guys to achieving your Pin Monkey dream?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom