• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

people seem to exagerate HBO's love for this show, if the producers were as free as people think we would have seen ghost every episode.

Obviously there's a bit of a limit and some give and take here. We've got Dragon CG every episode. The show's still making mountains of money. I don't think it's something pulled out of my asshole to think HBO would love the show to last a few more seasons. Like, what clue is there that they really would want it to end? It's their biggest moneymaker. It's the biggest show in the world right now.

D&D wanted only 7 seasons, but the HBO programming president himself wanted 10 seasons:

We'll have an honest conversation that explores all possible avenues. If they weren't comfortable going beyond seven seasons, I trust them implicitly and trust that's the right decision—as horrifying as that is to me. What I'm not going to do is have a show continue past where the creators believe where they feel they've finished with the story.

The reason we sat at 13 episodes was a compromise between them. That means the showrunners originally wanted this shit to go even faster somehow.

Kickz

A girl having a dude pet her dragon has got to be to be the 2017 version of a dude bringing a puppy to the park and girls petting it.

Screen_Shot_2017_08_13_at_10.05.53_PM.png

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
They just watched Dany and her dragon absolutely slaughter a thousand men in a matter of moments and you're saying there would be no fear of reprisal?
And yet they were willing to die all the same. They wouldnt bend the knee despite her giving them a simple choice. they didnt think she would go through with it.

Burn the old one. Take the young one prisoner to preserve the Tarly House. Make him ward or whatever, as is custom when houses squabble. Like what Theon was to the Starks.

Yes, because taking Theon and raising him alongside your sons worked out perfectly for the starks.

The guy is a fucking warrior. You want him at her side after Dany just burned his father alive?

Jackpot

Banned
Cersei won't give a shit. She's the one facing defeat. She has nothing to lose. All that knowing about WW will do is give her a chance to use them to weaken Dany.

Frankly, half the cast should know that straight out.

Also, doesn't seem to be much shock over her being pregnant with Jamie's baby.

Sephzilla

And yet they were willing to die all the same. They wouldnt bend the knee despite her giving them a simple choice. they didnt think she would go through with it.

Yes, because taking Theon and raising him alongside your sons worked out perfectly for the starks.

The guy is a fucking warrior. You want him at her side after Dany just burned his father alive?

this was his first battle

Cersei won't give a shit. She's the one facing defeat. She has nothing to lose. All that knowing about WW will do is give her a chance to use them to weaken Dany.

Yeah it seems incredibly obvious that Cersei is going to exploit the White Walker threat to her own advantage

Plum

So yeah after seeing jelly Jon:

and Dany shook:

They are totally boning, it's inevitable.

*Jon, Davos and some other guy get back to Dragonstone from Eastwatch*

*Cut to Jon resting topless on a bed ala Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park*

*Daenerys enters*

Daenerys: "It must have been cold up there. How about I... warm you up."

*Cut to Tyrion popping the cork out of a wine bottle*

jviggy43

Especially tyrion who for some reason was the one who suggested this and then tried convincing jaime to convince her. Both character know cersi better than anyone and they're seriously trying to persuade her to this? Silly.

aBarreras

Yeah. That sounds not really realistic to me. Cersei will not give a

thats why they gave her a pregnancy, maybe she wouldnt give a fuck before, but maybe she will care for her unborn child?

Nephtes

I would not be surprised if one of the team headed to bring back a wight dies and becomes the wight they bring back...

I kind of hope it'd be Jorah... Zombie Jorah...

Visceir

Ghost could detect wights in earlier seasons. Sure would have been useful to have him along for this mission. Too bad there's no budget for cg wolves.

thats why they gave her a pregnancy, maybe she wouldnt give a fuck before, but maybe she will care for her unborn child?

Thing that sucks about all this is Jaime being kept on a leash.

Thought he'd wisen up, hope one of the dragons actually burn him, lol.

Ghost could detect wights in earlier seasons. Sure would have been useful to have him along for this mission. Too bad there's no budget for cg wolves.

Glad Ghost isn't with them, he'd be dead I guarantee it.

No more dead Direwolves.

Especially tyrion who for some reason was the one who suggested this and then tried convincing jaime to convince her. Both character know cersi better than anyone and they're seriously trying to persuade her to this? Silly.

It's not silly.

Cersei's aid isn't optional. They need her to marshal her remaining soldiers and the rest of the realm still beholden to her rule to confront this threat, otherwise all of Westeros is doomed.

Theon isn't the only case and in most cases the ward doesn't wind up being an idiot.

It's an honor-bound position. Dickon aspired to be like the greater known men in Westeros. He would've honored the position if forced to take it.

Give him no weapons and the freedom to move about the castle but no power and unable to leave. Just like she did with Jon. It preseves the House and removes him from play.

Nameless

Yeah. That sounds not really realistic to me. Cersei will not give a

Sure she will if it gives her a better opportunity down the line. She flat out says that she can't beat Dany straight up and it's in their interest to take whatever reprieve is available. She plans to approach things like Tywin, which means playing the long game and exploiting openings as they become available.

jviggy43

It's not silly.

Cersei's aid isn't optional. They need her to marshal her remaining soldiers and the rest of the realm still beholden to her rule to confront this threat, otherwise all of Westeros is doomed.

Its silly. They should know shes just going to stab them in the back and then theyre left fighting two sides at once. Also did they say they were asking for soldiers from cersi?

rudger

This doesn't explain anything.

They can't kill a wight, they have to kill a human and bring a human over before it turns.

They can destroy a wight, but it will only reanimate upon the command of the NK.

They can't use Valyrian sword on it, or it will shatter, they can't use a flaming sword of it will perm kill it.

So how exactly are they bringing on over for proof? Unless they catch a living wight, chain it up then how else will they do it? That's even if the Magical barrier doesn't stop it from crossing over.

You said what would Jon do, would he kill them knowing it was Sam's father and I said no, he would ask Sam, who would make them take the black.

But, had Jon not known them, or Sam. He would have killed them for treason just the same as Dany did.

I'm confused now too, lol.

Oh my god! What if Clegane gets killed by a white walker then they bring his body back to Cersei? Then it will be a zombie clegane fight!! Mountain vs Hound zombie fight to the...death?

Sure she will if it gives her a better opportunity down the line. She flat out says that she can't beat Dany straight up and it's in their interest to take whatever reprieve is available. She plans to approach things like Tywin, which means playing the long game and exploiting openings as they become available.

My guess is she forges a temporary alliance with Dany to inch closer to those dragons.

Jackpot

Banned
on my phone but just Google ice dragon game of thrones.

I searched. There are only
fan theories, a short story written by Martin but not set in the GoT universe, the name of a Telltate GoT episode where the titular Ice Dragon is a constellation.

Sephzilla

Nope. Robert's widow has no claim on the throne whatsoever.

She doesn't get it by way of being the last remaining member of the Borathean line, either by blood or marriage?

Realistically though, the end of season 6 probably screwed up the government so much that they didn't know who to crown so gave it to Cersei since she was the only person even remotely close to line of succession

Macka

It's not silly.

It is silly. It's another contrived stall tactic by the writers to justify Cersei's continued existence.

It's ridiculous on so many levels. What changed between last episode and now? Dany was literally just complaining that Cersei was winning the war and that she needed to start conquering with her Dragons. She just had a major victory too. Usually you don't give your enemy tons of time to reconsolidate. Was it Bran's letter that changed Dany's mind? Why does his word mean more than Jon's? Tyrion would know that Cersei would never seriously consider honoring a truce on top of all of that.

Not to mention that the plan is really stupid and unnecessarily dangerous in general. They're sending an extremely small force North to capture a White Walker. So that they can show it to Cersei and...have a proper truce? Really? I thought during the episode while the plan was vague that they were meaning taking a Lannister rep on a dragon ride North to see for themselves, but that would make way too much more sense. Plus Jon has SEEN the White Walker army. There's usually no stragglers. How the hell are the gonna walk up to the horde and drag one away?

I don't even think they brought Dragonglass weapon with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom