• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA men's basketball 2011-2012 OT: Lockout edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamblades

I'll say one thing, at least they are swallowing the whistle on both sides. It still favors MSST though, as they are the beefier more physical team.

They are consistent with the bullshit techs too :p

Pollux

Like I said, someone needs to call 911 before these refs choke on their whistle(aside from techs :p).

If we end up winning this thing, don't be surprised if those classy fans start throwing shit.

damn that kid can't miss.

Edit: Davis, stop shooting the 3. Just. Stop.

MIIIILERTIME. and jones.

Pollux

Don't even know why Moultre is still in the game. douche should have been ejected for trying to trip Jones.

And holy crap our 3 point D is terrible.

Yes I've been drinking and am very angry.

EIDT: miller. hit the damn free throws.

thank you and a steal. you da man

Pollux

Nah its over, you can tell by MSU body language they have given up.

Miss. State hasn't given up yet. Only down 4 with two min. to go, this is still a game.

EDIT: Ok that might be game....maybe...probaly...hopefully....time for more makers.

Bost...classy bro. GTFO

Bowser

thank god for kendall marshall. complete ownage.

Yeah, what a sick stat line: 38 mins, 7-8 (4-5 3PT), 22 Pts, 2 Rbs, 13 Asts, 1 Stl, 0 TOs

It's clear he was motivated by that rag News & Observer when they wrote this:

LORENZO BROWN VS. KENDALL MARSHALL

Depends on which version of Lorenzo Brown shows up. If it's the passive one from the first meeting in Chapel Hill, then it's Marshall all day, every day. If it's the Brown who had 19 points, six rebounds and five assists at No. 5 Duke, and was aggressive with the ball, then it's the multi-faceted Brown over the one-dimensional Marshall. Edge: Brown

Kendall Marshall @KButter5
#LITM. oh yea, shoutout to the News & Observer for the article today.

lol

Pollux

On a side note, I really like Northwestern's court...except the N in the center isn't the same color as the rest of the court...

mbmonk

At least its rare you guys get them, thats they are usually on big 10 games, and I feel like we always draw them or ed hightower.

The NCAA should apologize to the Big 10 fans then. They are by far the worst officiating team I have seen this year. It's not even close. I feel for you.

Pollux

Last year we somehow drew them both on the same crew for 2 games, talk about a nightmare.

I do believe this is appropriate:

original

And that is why we are #1, and you are not.

I downed a big glass of bourbon about 5 min into the second half, and watched. Miller, mkg...Davis, jones...lamb, Teague until foul trouble...

9 point win, after still being down 7 with 6 to go in a hostile hostile environment with godawful refs and very physical play...

Some might argue we should never be down like that, but it was great seeing what this teams made of!

Pollux

And that is why we are #1, and you are not.

I downed a big glass of bourbon about 5 min into the second half, and watched. Miller, mkg...Davis, jones...lamb, Teague until foul trouble...

9 point win, after still being down 7 with 6 to go in a hostile hostile environment with godawful refs and very physical play...

Some might argue we should never be down like that, but it was great seeing what this teams made of!

I was so pissed I cracked open the bottle of Maker's White. Love it.

clav

I hate John Shurna's face.

Someone doesn't like the baby-face assassin.

Tonight's game wasn't a must win, but the letdown feeling is too familiar for Northwestern basketball viewers.

As long as the Northwestern continues to have no bad losses and has a strong showing at the B1G tournament, maybe that's enough for a NCAA bid.

On a side note, I really like Northwestern's court...except the N in the center isn't the same color as the rest of the court...

Not sure what I think of it. Aside from the court, the entire building is overdue for a makeover.

Someone doesn't like the baby-face assassin.

Tonight's game wasn't a must win, but the letdown feeling is too familiar for Northwestern basketball viewers.

As long as the Northwestern continues to have no bad losses and has a strong showing at the B1G tournament, maybe that's enough for a NCAA bid.

ESPN still has them as a last 4 in.

alstein

Can't complain tonight about the effort- just beat. UNC on their best night will beat State on their best night this year, and I think they both had their best nights.

At least things are heading in the right direction.

UCF in the last 4 in now. Can't have another bad loss. And UCF needs to find a way to beat Memphis again I think, or if not, make a deep conference tournament run. Finals probably to have a shot if they do lose another regular season game.

Seth C

UK vs MSU what a horribly officiated game. That crew should never work together again.

When they called the first technical for hanging on the rim I was like "no fucking way" then when they called the payback technical for hanging on the rim I just gave up.

having calmed down and settled a bit and slept after last night, I can offer some thoughts.

1) 3 Technicals - a bullshit one against Teague after he got smushed, a semi questionable one on Davis for hanging on the rim (was there a miss st player coming up what he thought was under him? kind of. did he swing? yes, but he slammed it sideways going full tilt, had he let go before swinging his feet back down momentum would've had him land on his back). and a weird one on Miss St - was it a T for hanging on the rim? make up call I think.

2) intentional fouls - frustration fouls - miss st got fouled shooting, no call, so they stamped and tried to trip T Jones. legit frustration? yes, but don't try to trip a kid. The other one was the shove. MKG was balancing trying to stay in bounds, and it wasn't going for the ball at all when he was pushed. did mkg flop a bit as he tipped over? yes, but the miss st kid didn't even try to go for the ball, it was just a pure 'push' outta bounds.

3) Bost - beast mode in half one. MKG shut his ass down in half 2.
4) Hood - just a sprained knee, luckily nothing season-ending. sucks, definitely changed the game though.
5) how about miller's daggers?

6) with 6:30 left, UK was down 7. at the end of the game we outscored them 20-4. Vandy was up 2 with 4 minutes to do on a basket they hit. at the end of the game we didn't let them score a point from then on. that right there is pure UK defensive muscle in close and being down in game situations against decent teams on the road with a super into it crowd. that shows something awesome about the team.

7) davis only got 2 blocks, though i couldve sworn it was 3 or 4.
8) miss st hit 9/20 from three. 6/12 in the first half? they couldn't miss.
9) FT %? 81%. Not Memphis 2008 here.

edit: added a comparison of Rick Stansbury, coach of Miss St, and Woody, the toy from Toy Story.
pxCwj.png

Temple MACtion. Are you ready!

At least they bring a good BB program. FB wise, they should have learned from their previous BE stint - hopefully. Another original BE FB member! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom