• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAMEPUMP - Service cancelled, everyone refunded + 2 bonus apology games

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
based off of the games we're getting, it seems like it was total bullshit when they said that the Turok PC port was in line with the service's kinds of games

I mean, on the one hand yes, but on the other hand the sum total of the statements we have from them are:
1) Lit is good, but it's not really what they ere going for, which is mostly larger scale games
2) They didn't manage to pick up several catalogues they wanted in legal negotiations
3) When they discontinued the monthly service, they still planned to publish games

So it's kinda hard to wonder what they were actually planning when they offered the service.

https://www.gamepump.com/

So their next game after LIT is....

?????

Yikes.

Lafazar

https://www.gamepump.com/

?????

It's quite obvious that they unexpectedly lost the rights to the "bigger" games they actually wanted to publish. That's why they had to cancel the subscription after all. Titles like this were probably intended as filler if at all.

Oh well, I hope there's still better titles in what's left and I wish them all the best. Apart from the late communication they handled the whole situation reasonably well.

Nzyme32

It's quite obvious that they unexpectedly lost the rights to the "bigger" games they actually wanted to publish. That's why they had to cancel the subscription after all. Titles like this were probably intended as filler if at all.

Oh well, I hope there's still better titles in what's left and I wish them all the best. Apart from the late communication they handled the whole situation reasonably well.

I don't think its that obvious. Their "NES classic" turned out to be a homebrew game. I think most of what they have talked about has been exagerated a fair bit in terms of "classic games" from popular consoles - particularly with the initial pitch prominently looking to feature snes.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I don't think its that obvious. Their "NES classic" turned out to be a homebrew game. I think most of what they have talked about has been exagerated a fair bit in terms of "classic games" from popular consoles - particularly with the initial pitch prominently looking to feature snes.

Again this is moot since it's a continued discussion about what a service that doesn't exist would have looked like if it did exist, but it's worth noting that when they announced the free games, they very specifically said "Well, these free games are good, but they're not the kind of games we are promising with our service, which will take us a bit longer to get the rights to". I don't think the implication was that the hypothetical first year of the hypothetical uncancelled GameTap would have had stuff like the homebrew game, I think that's something they happened to have a relationship with and could slot for the replacement game.

Geedorah

Got my keys nearly a month ago - Feb 23. Email was direct from a Jon Lenaway at Gamepump, not the other email I received order confirmations from.

Very sorry for the others having issues, they could definitely be handling this better from the sound of it

Ibuki

Banned

A collection of development and publishing veterans focusing our expertise and resources on supporting game creators in developing and releasing their original IP as well as helping classic game makers re-release their lost masterpieces.

So this is the power of original IP.

Checked my spam folder again, and no keys. I do not have a Twitter account and with the email form on the site essentially being ignored I am not sure how to go about getting the keys.

Well, after writing this off due to my lack of a Twitter account I actually received a reply to my email from a few weeks ago. Inside were my keys as well as an apology for the delay.

Top Bottom