• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Jarate

Banned
bwtaWsI.jpg

8Vd22y1.png

iEE0Ylf.png

THE TANKING TEAMS

kPxiRDq.png
icONRAH.png

OJ3297Q.png
d4Oqelj.png

kx0Yhed.jpg

THE YOUNG, BUT GETTING BETTER TEAMS

BgW2oB7.png
izRuRAP.png

AiqMcFM.png
7C5Blvf.png

mg2dWT4.png

YOU WERE GOOD LAST YEAR, WHAT HAPPENED

ayDv3Dz.png
MkewZ9S.png

DLmprjr.png

7B9S8fv.jpg

WTF ARE YOU DOING​

WmWquAy.png
WZbrvsz.png

cYf2r35.png

dkACbnW.png

TOOK ADVANTAGE OF STUPID TEAMS​

JVfGJqn.png
TLRxtrO.png

THE PRIZE

zumwVeo.jpg

Two top 5 picks. Thon Maker is eligible.

Hinkie did the job. Wire the money to his account.

Look for Milwaukee to flip Monroe for a guard.

From the other thread:

"Salary cap projection for 2016-17 NBA season: $92 million, per memo sent to league executives." - @JeffZillgitt

That's a lot of money.

Jarate

Banned
Simmons x Ingram ready to go to LA or Boston

if he goes to the 76ers he will be emo as fuck lol

im sure everyone is just loving the idea of going to LA to play with D'Angelo "Snitch" Russel and Julius "T-Rex Arms" Randle

Considering the Sixers are in a much better spot then the Lakers at this stage, I don't see why he would hate coming here

From the other thread:

"Salary cap projection for 2016-17 NBA season: $92 million, per memo sent to league executives." - @JeffZillgitt

That's a lot of money.

It's gonna be funny seeing a weak free agent class have the most amount of available spending money available

It's gonna be funny seeing a weak free agent class have the most amount of available spending money available

I wonder how this is going to affect teams like the Sixers who haven't had to pay anyone in a while. The C's got lucky with their contracts, specifically IT, Crowder and Bradley because they signed those before the gigantic jumps in cap space started.

Jarate

Banned
I wonder how this is going to affect teams like the Sixers who haven't had to pay anyone in a while. The C's got lucky with their contracts, specifically IT, Crowder and Bradley because they signed those before the gigantic jumps in cap space started.

I think the Kings are also going to have a shit ton of cap space since they have 11 expiring contracts on their roster

Teams are going to be so desperate, i'd just pull a Ted Thompson and do nothing in the FA. Probably the next one too. KD is really the only player who will be worth over 30 mil

Jarate

Banned
Billy King is essentially the reason the Sixers are the way they are too this day

Dude kills franchises like no one else, how the fuck did this guy get 2 GM positions

how many picks will Ainge have 0_o

im sure everyone is just loving the idea of going to LA to play with D'Angelo "Snitch" Russel and Julius "T-Rex Arms" Randle

Considering the Sixers are in a much better spot then the Lakers at this stage, I don't see why he would hate coming here

I'd rather be in LA than Philly , weather x location wise, I can play with snitch Russel, just won't talk to him about anything secretive
I'd rather be in Boston for a better team

Philly is just, eh, how do you know they won't be right back in tanking mode next season, they might just suck for real

Jarate

Banned
how many picks will Ainge have 0_o

I'd rather be in LA than Philly , weather x location wise, I can play with snitch Russel, just won't talk to him about anything secretive
I'd rather be in Boston for a better team

Philly is just, eh, how do you know they won't be right back in tanking mode next season, they might just suck for real

We'd all rather live in LA, but nobody is going to be happy about going to either team at this stage. The BC hire will help with national perception because it will shut up Stephen A Smith for a while and idiots like him

We will most likely still be terrible next year, but so will the Lakers, and considering the fact the Sixers own a future Lakers pick, I'd say they are in a much better position

Doesn't the Lakers pick the Suns traded become 2 2nd rounders if it is in the Top 3 this year?

The 6ers own another Lakers pick?

Jarate

Banned
Doesn't the Lakers pick the Suns traded become 2 2nd rounders if it is in the Top 3 this year?

The 6ers own another Lakers pick?

2018 first round draft pick to Orlando
If at least two years after the L.A. Lakers conveyed a 1st round pick to Philadelphia, then the L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick to Orlando protected for selections 1-5 in 2018 and unprotected in 2019; if the L.A. Lakers have not conveyed a 1st round pick to Philadelphia by 2017, then the L.A. Lakers will instead convey their 2017 2nd round pick and 2018 2nd round pick to Orlando [L.A. Lakers-Orlando, 8/10/2012]

This looks like the trade you were referring too

2018 first round draft pick to Orlando
If at least two years after the L.A. Lakers conveyed a 1st round pick to Philadelphia, then the L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick to Orlando protected for selections 1-5 in 2018 and unprotected in 2019; if the L.A. Lakers have not conveyed a 1st round pick to Philadelphia by 2017, then the L.A. Lakers will instead convey their 2017 2nd round pick and 2018 2nd round pick to Orlando [L.A. Lakers-Orlando, 8/10/2012]

This looks like the trade you were referring too

Ah got it, thanks. These trades with protection are so confusing I never know what's happening. Maybe I should apply for the Nets GM job.

Eos

Woj said:
The Minnesota Timberwolves have meetings set with the two top targets of the franchise’s basketball operations and coaching search: Tom Thibodeau and Jeff Van Gundy, league sources told The Vertical.

Those meetings are expected to happen in the next few days, sources said.

Minnesota owner Glen Taylor will be a part of the interviews that will include the executive firm Korn Ferry, which has been coordinating the search, league sources said.

Korn Ferry played a major role in the hiring of Stan Van Gundy as the top basketball executive and coach with the Detroit Pistons, and Taylor has been pushing for the firm’s research and input into the possible recreation of the Pistons’ model with the Timberwolves, sources said.

Thibodeau, the former Chicago Bulls coach, and Van Gundy, the former coach of Houston and New York, have been individually gathering lists of front-office candidates to potentially partner with in Minnesota, sources said. The presence of rookie center Karl-Anthony Towns and a strong core of young talent make the Timberwolves’ job the most appealing on the coaching market.

Scott Brooks has yet to set up a meeting with Minnesota, but there are tentative plans forWashington Wizards officials to visit with Brooks next week, league sources said. Brooks is the Wizards’ top priority, league sources said.

The Timberwolves are no longer considering interim coach Sam Mitchell as part of the franchise’s future, and general manager Milt Newton’s fate will ultimately rest on the wishes of the new regime.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--minnesota-to-meet-with-thibodeau--jeff-van-gundy-about-leading-franchise-213500190.html

Sandfox

We'll see. Both teams are still years off from competing and it will be dependent on how their young players develop. On the subject of where the players would like to go they will be happy wherever they end up, but Simmons ending up on the Lakers would probably be interesting for him given past events. I would image that there's a higher chance that these kids grew up on the Lakers than the Sixers though.

Jarate

Banned
We'll see. Both teams are still years off from competing and it will be dependent on how their young players develop.

The Lakers owe 2 first round picks, the sixers are owed 4 first round picks and all the 2ns round picks

Unless people are going to magically want to sign with a shit Lakers team, there's no way in hell the Lakers have a better future then the Sixers. Sure, BC could fuck up, and every single Lakers pick provides a superstar talent, but the odds are heavily favored towards the sixers

Let's ignore this years picks, and let's focus on the fact that we are also have the 2018 Kings (top 10 protected) which in 2019 is unprotected. Considering the State of the kings that a really valuable pick. Also, we have draft pick swap rights with the kings for the next two years. I the Kings fail to win games next year, there's a chance with a big buildup from the previous years that we can get a top 10 pick while improving dramatically

I just looked it up we're owed 10 2nd rounders lol

Sandfox

The Lakers owe 2 first round picks, the sixers are owed 4 first round picks and all the 2ns round picks

Unless people are going to magically want to sign with a shit Lakers team, there's no way in hell the Lakers have a better future then the Sixers. Sure, BC could fuck up, and every single Lakers pick provides a superstar talent, but the odds are heavily favored towards the sixers

Let's ignore this years picks, and let's focus on the fact that we are also have the 2018 Kings (top 10 protected) which in 2019 is unprotected. Considering the State of the kings that a really valuable pick. Also, we have draft pick swap rights with the kings for the next two years. I the Kings fail to win games next year, there's a chance with a big buildup from the previous years that we can get a top 10 pick while improving dramatically

I just looked it up we're owed 10 2nd rounders lol
As I said we'll see. Even drafting a franchise player isn't necessarily enough to make your team competitive and there are other factors at play. Both of these teams are far off especially if they plan on developing the majority of their talent.

Don't know if posted watching local sports and they said Scott Brooks wants to throw his name in for list of candidates for Laker job if Byron gets fired.

Jarate

Banned
Byron wont be fired since he probably can say he lost all those games cause he was trying to showcase Kobe

another year for the Tank Commander

Jarate

Banned
my theory is always if they were going to fire him, they'd fire him by now

I could be wrong. But I don't Byron is going anywhere

"Sources on @TheVertical: The Brooklyn Nets have hired Atlanta assistant Kenny Atkinson as head coach." - @WojVerticalNBA

Supposedly this is a good hiring.

my theory is always if they were going to fire him, they'd fire him by now

I could be wrong. But I don't Byron is going anywhere
Unless something starts to stir up in front office I don't see it either. But just to hear that Scott Brooks statement meaning there may be a chance at a new direction.

Top Bottom