• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo brings Picross into a new dimension - this February!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railer

Linkzg said:
If you aren't playing this, why aren't you playing this?

If you don't own this game, why don't you own this game?

This game is $20 and AMAZING. Go buy it.

Probably gonna pick it up today, however its 379 sek here in Sweden and thats around 50 usd. I wish it was $20 here.

My copy arrived yesterday. It's a fun, new take on the Picross formula, though I worry it won't ever get as challenging as the original Picross DS. I've only been playing it for about an hour, though.

Linkzg said:
If you aren't playing this, why aren't you playing this?

If you don't own this game, why don't you own this game?

This game is $20 and AMAZING. Go buy it.

This can't be quoted enough. The $20 price tag is what sold me. The game is so addictive. I have a hard time putting the game down once I start playing.:D

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Game is rad. Puzzles are nice (past the tutorial). The visual style is right off the 'Money for Nothing' video - I was wondering when somebody was going to put that to good use in a game.

Apropos, on a wild tangent, of all the CGI i saw this weekend - old Pixar short movies, some new movies with heavy CGI, and an entire CGI one - Beowolf, the older material is clearly easier on my eyes. In contrast, Beowolf was such a uncanny valley walk that I don't want to see another inch of human CGI skin any time soon. No disrespect to the makers of such movies, but minor tech shortcomings & misuse entirely kill the atmosphere in those movies for me.

In this respect the new picross came as a breath of fresh air for me : )

jgkspsx

I'm on the Construction Challenge on Easy. Put that way, you probably wouldn't realize I've already done more than 100(?) puzzles.

It's an excellent game in many ways, but I wish they didn't require you to beat everything in each level to get to the next one. I'd really like to veer off the carefully plotted difficulty curve. Sigh.

The cube critter animations, some of the music, and the perfect controls make it worthwhile, though. The tacky gallery backgrounds are very amusing too, in their way.

Night_Trekker said:
My copy arrived yesterday. It's a fun, new take on the Picross formula, though I worry it won't ever get as challenging as the original Picross DS. I've only been playing it for about an hour, though.

It does.

dallow_bg said:
Love this game after completing the awful tutorial. Mmm, complex puzzles....

I thought the tutorial was fantastic, speaking from a person who never played Picross DS.

Quite possibly one of the best games I have played in the last couple of years. I highly recommend anyone with a DS to get this game. Best 20 bucks I spent in a long time.

Get this game.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
AHappyPanda said:
It does.

I thought the tutorial was fantastic, speaking from a person who never played Picross DS.
Oh I see, yes.
In that way, it's a good tutorial.

I'm just a Picross veteran so was a pain to finish all the tutorials and Easy mode puzzles to get to the start of more complex puzzles.

Chatin

I'm on the Level 9 and 10 puzzles of Hard Mode, and I feel like I'm missing something, because I keep getting put into positions where I can't seem to logic out a definite next move. It always comes down to me having to make some sort of educated guess. It's really frustrating when the puzzles can go up to twenty minutes, at that point, and one wrong guess means I have to do it over.

Love the game, though. Downloaded the two puzzle packs from WFC, but not entirely sure where they are in the game.

I got this game today. Searched, couldn't find an official thread for it. If it turns out there isn't an official thread, I'll make one (if that's okay).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom