• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your milkshake duck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was browsing a little to find some info about this. What is the surgery aspect you are talking about?

Slow Lorises (Lorii?) have a gland they lick to lace their teeth with poison for when they bite, so smugglers rip their teeth out with pliers so they can't bite anymore. I imagine they also remove the poison gland?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, Guru Larry is a GG? Like, to what extent?

Unfortunate because I like his videos, though I've only watched his Fact Hunt series so I guess none of those elements really shone through---I expected him to be a serial killer first and foremost since "Larry Bundy Jr." sounds like a serial killer name.

Unfortunate because I like his videos, though I've only watched his Fact Hunt series so I guess none of those elements really shone through---I expected him to be a serial killer first and foremost since "Larry Bundy Jr." sounds like a serial killer name.

That's a hard pill to swallow, he had Jim Sterling do some voice work in one of his videos (EU angry programmers) and I believe they're good friends, unless there was a falling out. That and he does have a beef with gaming journalists as evidenced in some of his videos.

Make that what you will.

People started railing against him when he made up dangerous rumours about Miyamoto being an "asshole".
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=227392252#post227392252

Another time his Fact Hunt video was criticised for not doing actual research
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=237522249#post237522249

This is his gamergate stuff specifically:

Larry Bundy Jr (2014)
http://archive.is/hsFqs
GamerGate has NEVER been about misogyny
Not much of a “gamer” if you think GamerGate is about misogyny are you?
The debate has ALWAYS been about corruption in video gaming journalism. Nothing more. It’s the constant strawmanning of these corrupt journos saying it’s about hating females that is solid fact of this.
Oh, but these women are getting death threats. Soooo you’re going to slander every single gamer on the bequest of a couple of internet trolls trying to derail the point (if they do exist, these people who are harassed seem to ignore requests of evidence of the police reports).
No pro-gamergater has ANY issues about women working in the gaming industry. Why would they? what kind of possible benefit would there be? None whatsoever, so STOP slandering us with these accusations that we’re misogynistic.
All we want is to stop being lied at.​
Larry Bundy Jr (2016) still a fan of gamergate and KotakuInAction (the hub for gators)
j3Sgwx5.png

The dudes from the the famous oblivion 1-4 videos. Might've misunderstood their Twitter feed, but it reads like that of an alt-right supporting douche :/ (talking about the separate accounts, not their shared one)

balohna

Mike Judge gave Alex Jones an interview and posed for a picture with him holding up guns. I don't care really if he's a libertarian gun guy (seems to be the case), but Alex Jones? I hope it's some 4D chess satire thing.

So I've had two recent milkshake duck incidents. Not quite Roman Polanski level, but still annoying.

The first is that guy who made the Boneless Pizza video. The first one was pretty funny, and a nice bit of contemporary meme culture. So, I go see what other videos this guy's done in the series. What do I get? A lame "Did you just assume my gender?" joke. That is such a godawful meme.

The second is the Splatoon 2 community. So, Splatoon 2's pseudoMiiverse has been going along pretty well. There's a lot of good fanart, some clever memes, and it went quite well. I especially loved the recent trans positivity posts. They made a pleasant community better. So, what happened next? Well, a shitty backlash. People posting "there are only two genders" memes sucks, but people legit posted some awful stuff like "Trans people all have mental illnesses" and I think I briefly saw a post up about how trans people should kill themselves. I'm quitting Splatoon 2 now, and don't even think I'm going to try the voice chat stuff knowing the quality of the community.

televator

So I've had two recent milkshake duck incidents. Not quite Roman Polanski level, but still annoying.

The first is that guy who made the Boneless Pizza video. The first one was pretty funny, and a nice bit of contemporary meme culture. So, I go see what other videos this guy's done in the series. What do I get? A lame "Did you just assume my gender?" joke. That is such a godawful meme.

The second is the Splatoon 2 community. So, Splatoon 2's pseudoMiiverse has been going along pretty well. There's a lot of good fanart, some clever memes, and it went quite well. I especially loved the recent trans positivity posts. They made a pleasant community better. So, what happened next? Well, a shitty backlash. People posting "there are only two genders" memes sucks, but people legit posted some awful stuff like "Trans people all have mental illnesses" and I think I briefly saw a post up about how trans people should kill themselves. I'm quitting Splatoon 2 now, and don't even think I'm going to try the voice chat stuff knowing the quality of the community.

That sounds awful as fuck.

The dudes from the the famous oblivion 1-4 videos. Might've misunderstood their Twitter feed, but it reads like that of an alt-right supporting douche :/ (talking about the separate accounts, not their shared one)

I think you might be misreading it if you're talking about Max, though with their popularity now it would probably serve to not make his messages so easy to misinterpret

Knew there was something weird about that bundy guy.

Yeah, glad I never jumped on that dude's bandwagon. I find his videos to be obnoxious and hard to watch anyway

Chuckie

It was a double whammy to find out that it raising its arms might have been to poison the person.

Good thing the teeth got removed then.

People should not have loris as pets and if they do, they really shouldn't tickle those poor animals :(

Aurongel

The thing that makes Splatoon 2 worse is that Nintendo actively sidesteps politics so you'll never actually see any of that hate speech get banned or censored.

Disappointed about Guru Larry but not surprised as every so often he'd make a joke or comment a gamergater would make.

I did like his knowledge of old EU exclusive games, but any content outside of that was pretty hit or miss.

Edit: Nintendo's never going to solve that Splatoon mess.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

You could always choose to hide the posts. Don't let a small subset ruin a game I assume you enjoy.

G.O.O.

Mike Judge gave Alex Jones an interview and posed for a picture with him holding up guns. I don't care really if he's a libertarian gun guy (seems to be the case), but Alex Jones? I hope it's some 4D chess satire thing.
Welp. Puts Idiocracy under an interesting light.

Welp. Puts Idiocracy under an interesting light.

For what it's worth he has said with Trump in power that Idiocracy is looking optimistic and tried to create anti Trump Camacho ads. He seems to definitely be a staunch libertarian but seems pretty against the rhetoric Trump is putting out.

PillarEN

How did Splatoon 2 become a pro/anti trans battleground? Or is it something enhanced by screen caps on Twitter while it being possibly unknown to most players playing the game?

I had that feeling about Bundy ever since he put Jim Sterling and MovieBob in the thumbnail of his "dumbest journalist quotes" video and then, in the video itself, disqualifying them as "not being journalists."

Aurongel

How did Splatoon 2 become a pro/anti trans battleground? Or is it something enhanced by screen caps on Twitter while it being possibly unknown to most players playing the game?

As we speak, 90% of my plaza is dedicated to trans/anti drawings. It's not an isolated signal being boosted by a few on Twitter.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Well, there's my first milkshake duck I guess---didn't religiously watch Larry or anything but enjoyed his videos well enough.

Game Sack dudes are cool, right? They seem at worst a bit, well, out-of-touch but not malicious as far as I know.

Well, there's my first milkshake duck I guess---didn't religiously watch Larry or anything but enjoyed his videos well enough.

Game Sack dudes are cool, right? They seem at worst a bit, well, out-of-touch but not malicious as far as I know.

They use transphobic slurs as jokes and made a network of YT personalities that includes AlphaOmegaSin

They use transphobic slurs as jokes and made a network of YT personalities that includes AlphaOmegaSin

Fucks sake, I literally just heard of them in another thread, watched the channel trailer, thought 'this looks ok' and subscribed.

I've now unsubscribed without watching a single video. Zero tolerance for that shit.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Sounds like I should just make a youtube channel and not be a dip shit to people or say offensive ignorant shit and I'd instantly be standing out from the crowd lol

BTA

As we speak, 90% of my plaza is dedicated to trans/anti drawings. It's not an isolated signal being boosted by a few on Twitter.

I thought it was cute the other day when I saw some positive stuff in my lobby.

Then I played again in the past couple days and now there's "only 2 genders" and "trans is a mental illness" posts, alongside people whining about "politics" in the game. It fucking sucks to see outright transphobia in what's supposed to be a positive and fun game and I guess Nintendo doesn't give a shit?

I've seen some stuff on Twitter indicating that some of the complaining posts were made by people who posted adult/suggestive things before (which is to say their complaints about what should be in a game for kids is entirely hypocritical too) but I don't know if that's actually true.

IrishNinja

Huh. How about that. What was the catalyst for this?

seriously, yeah...the fuck happened? that sucks, game looks really great & it looked like nintendo was treading new ground there too...such a shame

ah see, i adore Game Sack & i recall them promptly apologizing for that, didn't know about their network including that shitheel though...that's disappointing. they mostly mess with CGR, metaljesus, gamehunters or whatever it is, im sure if i actually saw that piece of garbage on their channel i'd reconsider too

LakeEarth

My two milkshake ducks:

#1: Milkshakes. Delicious, but it turns out they're really bad for you.
#2: Ducks. I love both Donald and Daffy Duck, later on in life I find out that all male ducks are rapists. Ruined my childhood.

Ogodei

Just report 'em and block 'em.

The trash is well-outnumbered by the people making pro-trans posts. It's an inspiring community for the most part.

Just report 'em and block 'em.

The trash is well-outnumbered by the people making pro-trans posts. It's an inspiring community for the most part.

The thing that makes Splatoon 2 worse is that Nintendo actively sidesteps politics so you'll never actually see any of that hate speech get banned or censored.

I think I'm still going to quit the game. Nintendo has shown no interest in moderating the transphobic posts. They haven't even acknowledged the positive stuff on social media.

To paraphrase Kanye West, Nintendo doesn't care about trans people.
Which is why I call BS on the "Mother 3 didn't get released in the west because of "transphobic content"" article.

PillarEN

How about that NeoGAF Worst Posts Twitter account that was run by a pro GG person?

Mmm I think they quit immediately after a user had their name and email directly revealed to all of the board. I think the email was about the discussion of GG when it was really fresh and the person had some kind of issue with it. Whether it was ethically right or wrong I no longer remember. Either way the Twitter account seemed to really dislike that public reveal so that was that. Shame though cause there were some really funny catches there. At least we got CEO Kaz even if that isn't a GAF thing.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
john f. kennedy had a rather surprising view of hitler:

After visiting these places, you can easily understand how that within a few years Hitler will emerge from the hatred that surrounds him now as one of the most significant figures who ever lived. He had boundless ambition for his country which rendered him a menace to the peace of the world, but he had a mystery about him in the way that he lived and in the manner of his death that will live and grow after him. He had in him the stuff of which legends are made.

i guess you can see it as just him saying that after everyone affected by him are dead history will eventually just see him as another "great man" who just happened to kill a bunch of people, but if anyone said that today they'd get so much shit, especially if they were a politician.

of course jfk had the sense not to actually say that, just wrote it in his diary.

L Thammy

How about that NeoGAF Worst Posts Twitter account that was run by a pro GG person?

Oh, yeah, this one gets me too. If you look at their Twitter account now, it's radio silence from them defending Christina Sommers (Gamergate supporting MRA pseudo-feminist) during the height of Gamergate, and them retweeting a thing about about Amirox which makes him seem like he was still more associated with NeoGAF than he was.

It's like demonic possession or something. That face-heel turn came out of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom