• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Glitch in Destiny reveals DLC details and content is partially on Disc

LAA

What I'm most disappointed about is the story in this game. "Story we must tell"
Sorry but there simply is not story to tell. Just go somewhere and shoot. The sad thing is I know bungie are better than this. I was hoping story would be added overtime via updates or something, but if this is it...

Best I can hope for seems to be for this dlc adding to the story in someway, but think it's shitty it's paid.

funkypie

Banned
And I'm done buying games at launch from major publishers for awhile. I've always hated dlc and refused to buy it and stay cleared of games that were likely to contain the locked content on dlc. They should give this for free and compensate people who already paid for the Dlc.

David___

Banned
Look how big the Destiny thread is. This wont matter to all the people hopelessly falling for this games RNG addicting game-play. Same thing will happen with Destiny 2.

Pathetic. Back in the day I never thought I'd picture Bungie like this in 2014

How dare people like the game.

Seanspeed

Banned
If you want to see two of the locations of the DLC here is the Seraphim Vault https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmfY9Y7OYco and King's Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaAOZKTMElc

Destiny 2, 3, 4. Or maybe a major expansion. Idk.
So it looks like there's two areas, fairly small, that you can access. One of them has a few enemies in it. But there's nothing else to do.

I don't exactly see a DLC's worth of content anywhere, though, even imagining it had proper enemies and mission design and whatnot.

Its interesting. I wouldn't get upset about this. Seems like a hint of something upcoming that they're still working on. The areas are so small I almost wonder if its actually going to be paid DLC unless there's going to be a lot more to them.

Zabuza

Banned
Well here we go again. A brand new opportunity to shit on Destiny some more, hooray!

Content starved game? In my 40+ hours of playing the game I'm just about on the halfway point of the campaign alone...

Bungie has been clear from the very beginning that destiny would be a game that is built upon over time, so the "oh no! There are hooks in this game for future expansions! Bungie is teh evil!" Kinda stuff is a bit transparent.

Heck even nintendo built hooks into Mario Kart for future expansions. It's the way a ton of games work these days.
Bro you took 40 hours to get to the halfway point of the campaign..? Damn..

Heroman

Banned
Well here we go again. A brand new opportunity to shit on Destiny some more, hooray!

Content starved game? In my 40+ hours of playing the game I'm just about on the halfway point of the campaign alone...

Bungie has been clear from the very beginning that destiny would be a game that is built upon over time, so the "oh no! There are hooks in this game for future expansions! Bungie is teh evil!" Kinda stuff is a bit transparent.

Heck even nintendo built hooks into Mario Kart for future expansions. It's the way a ton of games work these days.

Destiny is content starve just because you can get 40 hour out of it doesn't make it not content starve.

c3poeZI.gif

DNAbro

How the hell have you only done half the campagin in over 40 hours? the campaign is around 10, even less really. And yes the game is content starved. It's a really fun game but it is severely lacking on content.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
4-5 missions?

if they mix it up a bit then alright but if it's just more missions where i hold off enemies while ghost gets info/hacks into a computer then i'm not paying.

keit4

Banned
Look how big the Destiny thread is. This wont matter to all the people hopelessly falling for this games RNG addicting game-play. Same thing will happen with Destiny 2.

Pathetic. Back in the day I never thought I'd picture Bungie like this in 2014

Nah, people is playing Destiny because they don't have anything better to play. Thank god FH2 and Shadow of Mordor are going to change that.

Persona7

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;132032237 said:
Is anyone really surprised?

When was Bungie known for doing this? I can't specifically remember anything with Halo and the DLC maps being on the disk.

Opiate

How can Bungie be happy with Activision I don't know

The issue is that Bungie likes to make games with huge production values which require massive marketing budgets.

That limits them to about 3-4 companies who can possibly serve their needs. If they're willing to go smaller production? Sure, their available partners increase. But as long as this is the type of game they want to make, they're going to be at someone's mercy.

EGM1966

To be fair, which I'm going to, the game was clearly designed with DLC stream given it's MMO base and it was obvious this would include expanding on areas already seeded into the content so this should hardly be a surprise.

VanWinkle

lol what have you been doing then? The campaign doesn't take long at all.

And Mario Kart 8? You mean the game that whose expansions include 16 new tracks and new characters and new karts ALL for like $10?

Bsigg12

Right, but that's irrelevant to the claim that the DLC is apparently on the disc, which is what this thread is about.

You can find DLC related strings or folders in many game discs and installations.

Well the downloads for the expansions for the Xbox One were about 10mb each which implies that something was added but not big enough to be a whole area. Typically content keys are just a couple hundred KBs. We'll see if there's a more significant download when the first one comes out.

DNAbro

So it looks like there's two areas, fairly small, that you can access. One of them has a few enemies in it. But there's nothing else to do.

I don't exactly see a DLC's worth of content anywhere, though, even imagining it had proper enemies and mission design and whatnot.

Its interesting. I wouldn't get upset about this. Seems like a hint of something upcoming that they're still working on. The areas are so small I almost wonder if its actually going to be paid DLC unless there's going to be a lot more to them.

Obviously the mission structure isn't there but it still does kind of feel like we were cheated out of content.

Sketchbag

Banned
To be fair, which I'm going to, the game was clearly designed with DLC stream given it's MMO base and it was obvious this would include expanding on areas already seeded into the content so this should hardly be a surprise.

The surprise is the game is content starved and they're withholding DLC on the disc to prolong the game or whatever.

It's kinda funny in an Ironic way that back in that infamous Destiny thread people were using these areas as 'proof' that Destiny had more content on Earth.

Seanspeed

Banned
Inflammatory thread title. Content isn't on the disc.
Thread title is accurate, actually. There is *some*(partial) content on-disc. Of course many people are just ignoring that 'partial' bit and just assuming that it means the DLC is all just there and ready to go, which doesn't seem to be the case whatsoever.

Yeah, Activision is a great guy. They've never done anything anti-consumer before just to get a quick buck.

Guys, stop hating.

I'm not saying Activision is some consumer friendly company but this seems like it's the game Bungie wanted to make. I'm not sure if they were working with a different publisher that we'd get a lot more content earlier and/or for free.

Sirim

First I heard that Skyrim's open world paled in comparison to Destiny's, then I heard that Uncharted 2's mission design didn't even reach half the height of Destiny's, and now I'm hearing 40+ hours into the game, you've only gotten halfway through the campaign.

It just keeps on coming.

DNAbro

Inflammatory thread title. Content isn't on the disc.

You can access two of these areas in the game by glitching. One has full enemy encounters. How is that not on disc DLC? Literally only thing blocking it is a glass door atm. When most people here DLC they think of new places not seen before.(hopefully) in this case it's definitely not.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is there any evidence the DLC is complete? If not, I don't see what the issue is here outside of pubs trying to keep as many assets on disc as possible and minimize download sizes. Which isn't offensive.

ElRenoRaven

The surprise is the game is content starved and they're withholding DLC on the disc to prolong the game or whatever.

They're not though. Just because there are hooks there for content doesn't mean the real content is complete and there. Is some of it there probably in an incomplete state but there is no way in hell that is the complete content on the disc. Some people. jeez.

If that is all the DLC contains, why is it $30 for both? The full game costs $60, and that includes ALL the development, not just maps, enemies, and equipment. You should be getting more than half the game's content for $30, otherwise they are just scamming you.

I guess this is why I don't usually buy DLC.

You can access two of these areas in the game by glitching. One has full enemy encounters. How is that not on disc DLC? Literally only thing blocking it is a glass door atm.

What if people bought the game digitally? How would it be on disc then?

i'm sorry

foxdvd

With the lack of content, I am going to be optimistic here and hope that these new story missions are given out from now until December for free. I am not going to lie, paying the extra money for the LE is going to sting if it comes out that most of the new content is reusing in game areas and already have the information on the disc. I fully expect, for the extra money I paid, at least one new planet or area per dlc. Anything short of that will mean I am done with the series until the games drop to under 20 bucks, and no bungie dlc ever again.

First I heard that Skyrim's open world paled in comparison to Destiny's, then I heard that Uncharted 2's mission design didn't even reach half the height of Destiny's, and now I'm hearing 40+ hours into the game, you've only gotten halfway through the campaign.

It just keeps on coming.

They just can't come to grips that the hype train fell off Mount Everest.

Persona7

Banned
Is there any evidence the DLC is complete? If not, I don't see what the issue is here outside of pubs trying to keep as many assets on disc as possible and minimize download sizes. Which isn't offensive.

I think what happens is they plan the DLC to use assets that are already in place on the disk but the programming is not complete and when it is done and they publish a update and everything is tied together.

SDCowboy

At this point, until they GREATLY flesh out the basics of the game, I don't think I have the desire to play more of the same thing.

Top Bottom