• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Packaging (Nintendo Figurine) - Wallets 'am cry

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???

ei6tVzT.jpg

Close-ups courtesy of Brizzo24 :)

According to Reggie:

You can expect them to be comparable to the Disney and Skylander products that are on the market. [They cost $10 to $15.]

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/brierdudley/2014/06/11/e3-nintendo-boss-on-wii-u-beating-xbox-and-playstation/?syndication=rss

Wallets 'am cry

Zornack

So does anyone actually want these for their functionality? I feel like Nintendo really dropped the ball with amiibos. They succeeded in making them attractive as collectable statues but failed in providing a reason to want them for what they provide to the gaming experience.

Grakl

what if the next pokemon game is an action game like skylanders where the NFC figurines are needed to play as your favorite pokemon

KHlover

Banned
Oh god. Please tell me the marth amiibo looks awful so I don't have to buy it >.<
Those figurines look SOOO good *_*

10€ for a figurine like this is okay in my book, yet sadly that means that I probably have to spend something like 300-500€ for all the Smash Bros. figurines alone.

Wallet am cry indeed. :(

Honestly, I just want Fox and Samus. Not really into the other ones.

I'll be all over Earthbound amiibos if they make them, though.

The Lamp

So do I need one of these to do the moveset customizations they showed for smash in the direct a couple of months ago?

Why do I have a feeling these will be very hard to get my hands on for the first few months they are released? I fucking want them all though, and just when I thought my collecting days were behind me too.

TRI Mike

I'll most likely ignore them completely. I just can't afford to get them and wouldn't really find them useful. Peach and Kirby look fantastic though.

Top Bottom