• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

Terrene.

Adds a whole new dimension to the arcade classic Asteroids. Just mesmerizing !

It looks like a shoot'em up but your ship attract things instead of blasting them
Try playing with 2 or even 3 fingers at the same time, just insane.
Reminds me a little bit of Hikoza.T.Ohkubo's work
(for those who don't know him, the genius behind
Warning Forever & Ray-Hound on PC).

tumblr_inline_mv251hNLwD1s9tag5.png

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.junongx.terrene

Check out the trailer here : http://youtu.be/bABLCPQYI48

My personal favorite these days.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I've done the "Meet the scientist" mission on dead trigger 2 about 4 or 5 times now and it won't let me progress. Anyone else had this happen? I've emailed the developer. It won't even let me keep the cash I've earned when I return to base.

I paid to unlock the shotgun since I wanted to support the team and I'm a bit miffed that I've got to wait to upgrade my base to build it. In my mind if you've unlocked shit with gold you should be good to go.

EDIT:
Got my issues solved! Also, posted a DT2 OT: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=703297

Currently I have 3 android addictions :p
- Simpsons Tapped Out
- Clash of Clans
- The Sims Freeplay
wanna add me? wakuraku

recently wanted to give samurai siege a shot after reading an article that the devs were formerly playfish and that they are into games like starcraft. the game seems to have more of a pvp integration. some things i liked:
+ 3 builders from day 1.
+ units are unlocked through skill-based missions rather than merely upgrading a building.
+ interesting variety of towers/traps (i.e. freeze) and they give plenty to experiment with early on.

however, the core game is very much like coc. castle clash is nothing like coc imo, from the heroes to the rps mechanics and gems. samurai siege feels more like a reskinned improvement. one thing that it doesn't do better though is the social aspects. alliances are unlocked early which is good, but there's no global chat which makes the recruiting process feel "cold". if it weren't for how much i already invested in coc, i would prolly see this as a replacement. but for now, i'll continue to play both a bit longer.

Dead Trigger 2 is just as fun as the first, with three times worse the grinding. This game just took it to the next level with the grinding. I played a lot so far and I only managed to upgrade my shotty to level 2, 20k money and I bought the M6 for 6k dollars.

Time after every purchase sucks. Can't use my upgraded guns for a few hours.

Edit: the fuck, and to top it off, only one gun upgrades or builds at a time. Only one timer counts down at a time. Urgh

Horseticuffs

Dead Trigger 2 is just as fun as the first, with three times worse the grinding. This game just took it to the next level with the grinding. I played a lot so far and I only managed to upgrade my shotty to level 2, 20k money and I bought the M6 for 6k dollars.

Time after every purchase sucks. Can't use my upgraded guns for a few hours.

Edit: the fuck, and to top it off, only one gun upgrades or builds at a time. Only one timer counts down at a time. Urgh

I hear you, and I agree, but damn is it a lot of fun. Hard to not waste all my spare moments with it. I actually played it at lunch today, and I NEVER do that.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Any Dungeon Keeper, Startopia, Space Base DF-9 type games on Android? Something without in-game transactions of possible.

Any Dungeon Keeper, Startopia, Space Base DF-9 type games on Android? Something without in-game transactions of possible.

Well there IS Dungeon Keeper on android, but apparently it reeks of ea free-to-play crap.

Have you seen Star Command? That might interest you.

jokkir

How do you guys find Final Fantasy 5 on Android? I know about the bad filtering and ugly fonts and stuff already >__>

How do you guys find Final Fantasy 5 on Android? I know about the bad filtering and ugly fonts and stuff already >__>

I haven't played it on android, but SE is doing the bare minimum on it. No controller support, no Play Games app compatibility/achievements, etc. The price is similar to what's on PSP ($10 bucks) though, so it might be worth it.

RM8

Dungeon Keeper is actually not bad. But then I never played the original games so I can't be mad that they ruined the series or anything :p

RM8

does it have multiplayer?
Hmmm... I'm not sure, I don't think I've seen the option.

BTW guys, Sine Mora is on sale. Fantastic game, but touch controls are not really well done IMO :( So sad, because I've enjoyed plenty of shmups on Android. Still worth it, though.

SiDCrAzY

Sine Mora has controller support if you have one, also Nvidia Shield support. I didn't enjoy it on the Vita though, so I'm not buying it again.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, how the hell do you play it, so? I just assumed it would be tap to shoot.

You have to aim with your left hand by dragging the cursor, then press the shoot button with your right hand. I would have preferred tap to shoot, and maybe swipe down to reload.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Well there IS Dungeon Keeper on android, but apparently it reeks of ea free-to-play crap.

Have you seen Star Command? That might interest you.

Yeah I was a kickstarter backer for SC :)

EA's Dungeon Keeper was the reason I asked for alternatives - I might give it a go to see how hard EA tries to nickle and dime me.

kulapik

I have downloaded PvZ2 like ten times and in all of them tells me that I don't have enough storage, but I have a free GB, don't know what happens.

And_Boy

So what is the best card battle game out there? Magic The Gathering?

Also, please recommend something similar to M&M Clash of Heroes.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Any feedback of Sine Mora? How does it contorl on the touchscreen? It's on sale at the moment but those raings have me hesitant to grab it.

EDIT: Just saw the posts above. Thanks for the feedback!

Groof

Finally got around to starting up Layton Brothers on my Nexus 7 and man, the high res art really translates well to the HD screen. This looks so good!

Which makes me even more sad that Capcom can't stop being bitches about Ace Attorney 123HD...

ismk

Finally got around to starting up Layton Brothers on my Nexus 7 and man, the high res art really translates well to the HD screen. This looks so good!

Which makes me even more sad that Capcom can't stop being bitches about Ace Attorney 123HD...

It makes me so sad that Ace Attorney 123HD haven't been released on Android. I've been holding out on replaying in hopes that they're released on Android.

Groof

It makes me so sad that Ace Attorney 123HD haven't been released on Android. I've been holding out on replaying in hopes that they're released on Android.
They're basically just giving us in the west the finger, since an android version actually does exist in the Asian market. Honestly I don't know what's stopping them other than wanting to be total dicks.

tsab

They're basically just giving us in the west the finger, since an android version actually does exist in the Asian market. Honestly I don't know what's stopping them other than wanting to be total dicks.

Capcom being capcom

louiedog

I would like to thank Rockstar for releasing this app so late so that I get to stare at a constant parade of "This plate is already in use." errors.

Horseticuffs

Isn't that gonna be the case with walking dead season 1? Kind of annoying that TT is releasing the game on android, but only on ouya...

That is some serious bullshit, I know. KInd of a prick move.

Well, if you are looking for an excellent WD experience I suggest you try "Walking Dead Assault". It's based on the comic and is quite a fun RTS game.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't that gonna be the case with walking dead season 1? Kind of annoying that TT is releasing the game on android, but only on ouya...

There's a difference between the Ouya store and the Play Store. CoD isn't even available in the Ouya at all unless you hack the store in, and once you do CoD:ST list Ouya as a compatible device...

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svcKJSP_07Y

Just picked up Star Command for my OG N7. So far I'm loving it despite the fact that it drains my battery in record time. I really did not care for FTL, it was fun at first, but I didn't care for a lot of the design choices and flow of the game which ultimately made me hate it.

SC is much more my cup of tea, though it could still use some work. Mostly just more, more ships, rooms upgrades, exploration, etc. There's still a lot there and lots of hours of play, but I would like a bit more freedom. I love the look and humor. It's so far the closest thing to scratching that Infinite Space itch I've had for 5 years now.

Combat is a joke on beginner, nothing can touch you, but pretty good on normal. The minigames for firing your weapons are actually ok, at least for the Plasma and Machine Gun, Laser on the other is not so good, which is ok cause Lasers suck. It would be nice if combat was a bit more tactical with targeting and what not, but its still good as it is. At 2.99$ the game is a steal and I hope they keep improving it and I will definitely pick it up on PC. This game has a lot of potential.

Top Bottom