• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

whitehawk

Banned
Yup. I figured the same thing. Great site when it first starts, then it progressively get's worse and worse. I'm level 21 right now with 4 challenges done. Not worth going for these headsets anyway. They retail for $60.

kurahadol

No way I'll be getting near level 35, I'm only 25 right now, either way, I don't have $100 to throw down on headphones right now. How are the P11/X12's?

My initial prediction I made in the Canadian Gaming Deal thread seems to be coming true. The requirements will be steep from now on. They make money from avertising and they need you to buy the games and do the challenges as they rarely update the trivia (probably on purpose).

Cinemanow perk was lvl 15, 3DS perk level 18, free game level 18 and now we jump to 25.

I'm Level 26 and close to 27 right now.

Well, yea

The challenges are fun and the trivia is entertaining
They just need to add more questions lol

Yup. I figured the same thing. Great site when it first starts, then it progressively get's worse and worse. I'm level 21 right now with 4 challenges done. Not worth going for these headsets anyway. They retail for $60.

Oh well... we got our free preorders. That's all that matters right now! ;)

Same shit happened to Lockerz.

whitehawk

Banned
Look at some of the top members who are level 30+. I think they are cheating with the challenges. Whats to stop someone from taking a picture online or downloading a saved game file?

kurahadol

Look at some of the top members who are level 30+. I think they are cheating with the challenges. Whats to stop someone from taking a picture online or downloading a saved game file?
That comes with the territory, it's not like there are hundreds of them. RFD'ers don't have the patience to stick something like this out in "hopes" for something.

Vamphuntr

Man, I guess it's over. It seems that only the super crazy people who do every challenge will be able to reach high levels.

Way too much time consuming even if you have the game. Many of the challenges now seem to be 100% completion or beat the game on super hard or something.

Kaper

There's no way I'll hit 25 anytime soon :lol. Oh well. I had fun with the quizzes back when I first started

Indeed. I've only been able to do a few of the challenges, because there haven't been many games that interest me this past (and coming) year. WTB Dota 2 and Diablo 3 beta challenges, lol.

The thought did cross my mind, you can try asking in the forums and see what they say

I'm level 31 and never "cheated" at anything... except for googling most of the quiz questions.

Anyway, I'm pretty disappointed with the perk update. There's no way I'll be level 35 by March, but even if I was, I wouldn't want one of those damn headsets anyway.

RS4-

Are these headphones supposed to be amazing or is everyone posting about how awesome they are simply licking butts?

I certainly wouldn't pay $250 for them, same thing with those Astro A40s or whatever.

But at $99? I'd do it. (Turtle Beach quality control is pretty shitty though)

I think I could hit 35 depending on the upcoming challenges.

Vamphuntr

I'd rather spend my money elsewhere, like a Vita :(

I don't really use headsets anyway.

Same. Does that mean that we won't get another perk until April? They never replaced the cinemanow with something else and its been depleted since like the beginning of the month. Probably another 10% off coupon which isn't so bad.

Still glad I got the free game.

EGM92

I did the Secret of Mana one on my Wii VC, again I love these retro game challenges.

Trying to do the FF13-2, any of you know how long it takes to get ?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I did the Secret of Mana one on my Wii VC, again I love these retro game challenges.

Trying to do the FF13-2, any of you know how long it takes to get ?
It's basically one of the last ones you get. You have to finish the last boss battle with 5 stars.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Anyone know the answer to the Monday daily?

"This company has announced that it is open to entered the realm of hardware creation, if done for the purpose of advancing innovation within theirs and other games."

?

"Which application has been added to the Playstation Vita in firmeware update 1.61?"

Maps

Anyone know the answer to the Monday daily?

"This company has announced that it is open to entered the realm of hardware creation, if done for the purpose of advancing innovation within theirs and other games."

?

"Which application has been added to the Playstation Vita in firmeware update 1.61?"

Maps

Valve

RS4-

What timing, had a RPG talk last week about SoM, Evermore and how terrible Chrono Cross is except for the music.

Halfway through SoM!

krae_man

Someone got busted for copying a youtube video for the Build a 3DS challenge. :lol

How lazy do you have to be to cheat on that one? It took me 5 minutes.

Well actually the AI didn't notice but someone in the thread did.

Vamphuntr

Why did that tsilon thing sent me a 3DS code? Well, I wanted one and I'm happy but I don't remember entering any contest for it.

EDIT : Oh it's apparently for playing TF2

theRizzle

I guess I am done with this site. I'm only at level 21 right now. I'm not able to do a lot of the challenges because I don't have a lot of games with me (long-term travel for work).

Can't really complain though, got a free game out of it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Someone got busted for copying a youtube video for the Build a 3DS challenge. :lol

How lazy do you have to be to cheat on that one? It took me 5 minutes.

Well actually the AI didn't notice but someone in the thread did.
So if they didn't post it in the thread and just submitted it then he would have been fine? :lol

EDIT: I'm 23/30 into the Little Deviants challenge. I'm kinda glad I didn't trade it in. Getting rid of it wasn't worth the $12.50 to me someone else said they got from EB.

Smo21

omg i got lvl 8 Lucent Beam on my SNES copy of Secret of Mana. Really surprised my snes copies battery was still good.

edit

AI said:
BEAM quality is of highest lucidity. thisAI commends you for honest pursuit of justice and secrets. Mana levelled up by 2000, 1 life granted.

Yes!

kurahadol

I should still have a pretty complete save file of SoM on Wii VC. Let's hope so. And I'll finally put a bit of time into Castle Crashers to do that challenge.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I still have some money left over from the CinemaNow perk and supposedly there is a PS3 app available on PSN but where? I've searched the "app" section but couldn't find shit.

SickBoy

I still have some money left over from the CinemaNow perk and supposedly there is a PS3 app available on PSN but where? I've searched the "app" section but couldn't find shit.

I think there are apps for the PS3 and Xbox available, but not in Canada.

I did find this via Google, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything: https://canada.cinemanow.com/devicesps3.aspx

The fact that it's on a canada.cinemanow page gives me a little hope, but I wouldn't be able to try it out until late tonight... if someone tracks it down or can confirm it's not available here, that would be great. (Well, it would be crappy if it's not hear, but the knowledge would be appreciated)

Top Bottom