• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

At that time it had been 2 years since a chapter from then, and 2 years before that, too (not counting the special chapters accompanying the movie that was basically the HxH musicals, except...only entertaining enough in the beginning imo)

https://hiatus-hiatus.rhcloud.com/ (click the 'Arcs' button to the upper-right for a better understanding)
I got into HxH in-between the most recent 2 year hiatus, if that makes sense. Junior in Highschool, now I'm a just Junior in college. I can only imagine how rough it is for the people who's been around since the beginning.

Philippo

25113i82ED4ADA954D3E2D

I always thought there were limits to what kinds of abilities Chrollo could steal. My memory is so bad that I didn't know he stole Neon's ability.

I always thought there were limits to what kinds of abilities Chrollo could steal. My memory is so bad that I didn't know he stole Neon's ability.

He needs to have the wielder of the Nen he aims to steal touch his book's cover with the palm of their hand, and a couple other requirements which I forget

IS THIS REAL LIFE!?!? Blessed are we for this most glorious gift. Truly we arent worthy. Now if you could write about 10 to 12 chapters before going on break thatd be the best.

IS THIS REAL LIFE!?!? Blessed are we for this most glorious gift. Truly we arent worthy. Now if you could write about 10 to 12 chapters before going on break thatd be the best.

Usually how it goes.

I want either a bit more chapters than that, or for Togashi to finally get back to the Gyro/Meteor City stuff already

I'm reading the last batch of chapters to refresh my mind on whats going on to get ready for the new material. I love the build-up going on. So many important characters on this boat. Princes at war with one another. Mystery, action, suspense. This is going to be sooooooooo good. I feel like we're going to have the amazing atmosphere and sense of strategy of the Yorkshin arc coupled with a higher amount of fights between a variety of characters like we saw in the Chimera Ant arc. And it's all happening on a massive boat.

Kind of reminds me a bit of that string of episodes from the Kanto Pokemon anime where Ash met with other Pokemon trainers on that boat.

Moaradin

I am definitely gonna have to refresh my memory before it starts back up. So much stuff going on. Hopefully Viz does a page or two of recapping like they did last time.

Philippo

Re-read the Chrollo vs Hisoka fight and man, i still have no fucking clue about Chrollo's tactic.

I BELIEVED!

I'm reading the last batch of chapters to refresh my mind on whats going on to get ready for the new material. I love the build-up going on. So many important characters on this boat. Princes at war with one another. Mystery, action, suspense. This is going to be sooooooooo good. I feel like we're going to have the amazing atmosphere and sense of strategy of the Yorkshin arc coupled with a higher amount of fights between a variety of characters like we saw in the Chimera Ant arc. And it's all happening on a massive boat.

Kind of reminds me a bit of that string of episodes from the Kanto Pokemon anime where Ash met with other Pokemon trainers on that boat.

And the crazy thing is that this is just the beginning of a much, much larger story.

And the crazy thing is that this is just the beginning of a much, much larger story.

Something that stood out to me on my re-read is someone says all the princes need to keep up civil appearances with the guests on the boat though this murder game will be going on in the dark. I think it's Kurapika who says this to his allies as he is telling them about the body guard mission. There is going to be such a fascinating atmosphere on this boat. I'm getting chills thinking about how good this arc is going to be

Philippo

Something that stood out to me on my re-read is someone says all the princes need to keep up civil appearances with the guests on the boat though this murder game will be going on in the dark. I think it's Kurapika who says this to his allies as he is telling them about the body guard mission. There is going to be such a fascinating atmosphere on this boat. I'm getting chills thinking about how good this arc is going to be

Then they'll reach the decoy island and drop the civilians there, and then they'll go back to the boat where they'll probably fight without reserves anymore, and then reach the DC only to find even more supernatural shit.

Plus, Hunter Association vs Beyond quarrel, and Phantom Troupe is also on the boat right? Holy fuckamole what a GoT-level of impending chaos is this.

Then they'll reach the decoy island and drop the civilians there, and then they'll go back to the boat where they'll probably fight without reserves anymore, and then reach the DC only to find even more supernatural shit.

Plus, Hunter Association vs Beyond quarrel, and Phantom Troupe is also on the boat right? Holy fuckamole what a GoT-level of impending chaos is this.

I completely forgot about this! You're right. There is a "fake" dark continent they will make use of for the general public, isn't there?

Marow

IT'S BACK!!!!!

I read the official vol 33 a few days ago and it was so great. Having a better translation also helped. This arc is so insane and reading through it was intense, no idea how Togashi even comes up with this stuff. So many twists and turns...

Gvitor

No idea, should check it out.

Yep, because Kakin and the G5(?) wants to avoid bringing civilians into the Dark Continent (for good reasons i'd say).

V5

And I don't think Kakin minds if the civilian nobodies go to the dark continent at all. That's just how things were set up when V5 went on board with the expedition because they (supposedly) worry.

I'm reading it again right now and I'm thinking about posting about the chapters in order here until the manga restarts. Should be some long posts, considering how dense some chapters got, but I think it'll be useful in the future since we're doomed to get new hiatus anyway. I'll post about the first one soon-ish.

Philippo

V5

And I don't think Kakin minds if the civilian nobodies go to the dark continent at all. That's just how things were set up when V5 went on board with the expedition because they (supposedly) worry.

I'm reading it again right now and I'm thinking about posting about the chapters in order here until the manga restarts. Should be some long posts, considering how dense some chapters got, but I think it'll be useful in the future since we're doomed to get new hiatus anyway. I'll post about the first one soon-ish.

Sounds like a good idea, as you see i too had fuzzy memories about some details.

woopWOOP

Oh dang! Glad to have a couple of chapters out for this year ;D

Next hiatus is inevitable at this point, but if Togashi can bring atleast 10 new chapters for this batch I'll be content.

Crossing my fingers for Bill to survive atleast a couple of chapters!

That flashback where Uvo has an afro...fuck I love this show. Young Chrollo is Bishie as FUCK. Chrollo's chained up in the back of a car and he's like
giphy.gif

Gvitor

I already have written descriptions of chapters 340, 341 and 342*, but will hold them for a little while longer so I can post them in a daily basis later on. I also probably won't touch the Hisoka x Chrollo fight, since it's complicated and probably not needed to what's coming.

*I spent way too much time trying to make sense of some shit in chapter 342. I have most of it figured out and written in a (hopefully) comprehensible way, but translations don't help and some shit at the end is still messing with me.

--

Meanwhile, some short explanation about HxH's world.

The main known world is basically our Earth, only flat, without the poles, and the continents are scrambled.

Each of the 5 continents elected one of its countries as their "leader" representative, and these 5 countires made up the V5, responsible for decisions that affect the world as a whole.

There is a more complete "world" map here, but I think this one is "cleaner" to show the main countries.

One of those is a treaty that says "none shall go to the Dark Continent". Or, being more specific, "if you want to go there, you have to fulfill a whole bunch of criteria, wait on line for 50 years and that's for like, a 10-day babysitted trip there".

There's a country named Kakin that found a loophole on that system, by having a quiet revolution, changing its ruling system, and henceforth becoming a new country, unbound by V5's treaty. They're a key player in this arc.

All of those continents and countries sit on a vast body of water, that is actually a lake (called lake Moebius), in the middle of the Dark Continent. Yeah, the scale is gigantic.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I love how the world map is basically "Let's flip Africa upside down and stick it where North America should be" thinking.

Finished Yorknew, forgot how good this arc was. Now I have to deal with Nen Yugioh and half ass Kira, it has it's good points, but...ugh maybe I'll have some appreciation for it this time around.

Hey, Greed Island is good. Worth it for the dodgeball alone.
That is honestly my favorite part of the arc. I think that arc is pretty much Togashi channeling his Dragon Quest lust. I mostly think it's a bit of a drag frankly cause Genthru is a shit tier villain. It's like Togashi just shrugged his shoulders with him and went..."ehhh I can't think of something creative" and just farted the dude out.

Moaradin

Genthru doesn't stand up to other villains in the series, but he was honestly fine in his role in that arc. Him and his gang are pretty much there for Gon and Killua to test out their new moves.

Top Bottom