• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

cntr

Banned
All for One's basically the aged shounen mentor who sacrifices himself for his protege, except on the villain side.

So makes sense he'd have an old man voice.

Shiggy's scene wasn't as good in the anime, the manga made it look as though he was just a "fan" watching (even though it was obviously research as well), and you could notice all of his games and figures.

cntr

Banned
what, the fallback from the explosion?

if you hadn't pointed it out i wouldn't even have noticed it tbh
maybe you're better at ignoring this kind of stuff than I am, but it stood out to me immediately.

it's bad that it's there either way, though

Jintor

i dunno man... it was like a 2 second shot if that, and it was in the context of everybody else getting wind pressure blasted by Bakugo's explosion, and the fanservice element wasn't a directorial focus of the shot imho.

imho deliberate fanservice shots in anime tend to have really obvious markers that hey this is erotic or sexy or ecchi or whatever whereas this seemed to be like a storyboarder thought "hey we need more crowd reaction shots to sell how powerful this explosion is"

cntr

Banned
shrug

If it was a one off thing yeah I wouldn't care, but they've done it multiple times. And why have it there at all? Not like it's necessary to make a crowd reaction shot work. And it's a very anime kind of gratuitous.

Just, I dunno. The MHA manga is a series where the pacing is great, the characters are grounded in a realistic way, and the fanservice is usually tasteful. But the MHA anime is a series where the pacing is slow, the characters act like they're from an anime, and the fanservice is gratuitous.

I don't see why I can't complain about the anime's decision to abandon the things I love about the series. Especially since people are crap and are going to watch the anime instead of actually reading the manga.

shrug

If it was a one off thing yeah I wouldn't care, but they've done it multiple times. And why have it there at all? Not like it's necessary to make a crowd reaction shot work. And it's a very anime kind of gratuitous.

Just, I dunno. The MHA manga is a series where the pacing is great, the characters are grounded in a realistic way, and the fanservice is usually tasteful. But the MHA anime is a series where the pacing is slow, the characters act like they're from an anime, and the fanservice is gratuitous.

I don't see why I can't complain about the anime's decision to abandon the things I love about the series. Especially since people are crap and are going to watch the anime instead of actually reading the manga.
I think your a lost cause. All your complaints seem so weird. And also slow down on calling people shit, that makes you look dumb and overly-dramatic.

Edit: Saw you edited lol. Crap isn't much better but eh.

Oh yea,but go and complain if it makes you happy.

cntr

Banned
Did you forget that I actually watched some of it? It's not like they dramatically changed how the adaptation was being done.

But you said the adaptation as a whole. Because the anime as just been improving and expending on manga stuff. You complain on images and gifs, I just find this funny.

You then go and say people watching it are shit? I don't know. Feels like you just want to complain to me. Watch it first and I'll take whatever you say more seriously when it's actual criticisms.

Mendrox

huh? I'm talking about the gratuitous boobs thing in the gif.

that's not in the manga.

Wtf she gets knocked back in Animation and she has tits. Of course they will move a bit, but you dont even notice at all.

Get a grip. Boobs can move and with such a force and her flying away it would be strange if there wasnt even any movement. How do you even notice this in about 10 frames? There is a line for complaining you know.

Edit: oh it is not even about ochako but the girl in the group? There is windforce bro. I had to watch the gif many times to notice what you mean. Of course they move too

All for One's basically the aged shounen mentor who sacrifices himself for his protege, except on the villain side.

So makes sense he'd have an old man voice.

He's also like a hundred+ years old at this point, no?

Also I'm glad that we're back here again that's fun.

By which I mean jesus Christ we're here again WHY

Another thing to point out is the boobs in that explosion does not show cleavage and does not have the wonky boob physics as you would see in other shows.

Next week is going to be pretty hyped. I wish the anime would recreate the image from the chapter cover.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I wish every anime fight ever had a gong for the start and end of the fight. This one is no different. It'll probably be the only episode of the anime I'll check out(I've been keeping up on clips)

FlowersisBritish

Is this really better than One Piece, Naruto, or Bleach?

Better is always such a subjective thing though. It's a fun good manga with a likable cast and some really cool bits. The issue with "better" is nothing will be better than Bleach. The greats like Mura and HunterXHunter guy who's always sick wish they could be on the level of quality Kubo hit hourly.

Meffer

Better is always such a subjective thing though. It's a fun good manga with a likable cast and some really cool bits. The issue with "better" is nothing will be better than Bleach. The greats like Mura and HunterXHunter guy who's always sick wish they could be on the level of quality Kubo hit hourly.
Actually Bleach isn't that great. Sure the art and draftsmanship was great in the beginning to the Soul Society arc. But after that, it got worse and worse in every regard.

Thanks for the responses, heroes! I'll probably start reading the manga first. Also, surprised by the consensus that it's better than those three.

For what it's worth, I'd rank the stuff I named this way:

One Piece > Naruto > Bleach

Jintor

here we have an illustrative point of subjectivity because Bleach is bad and you should feel bad

Iike many people i liked bleach up until soul society

Chase17

I like the first 138 chapters of this more than the first 138 chapters of those series (placing it pretty much right before Alabasta for One Piece which is where I got really into it). One Piece is a juggernaut though, so I couldn't say it's outright better than that.

FlowersisBritish

here we have an illustrative point of subjectivity because Bleach is bad and you should feel bad

Iike many people i liked bleach up until soul society

Screw off. I'll shovel this trash into my mouth and I'll like it! How did you people not cry at Youruchi's back
story.

LotusHD

Banned

Someone else said Bleach was good like yesterday, so I legit can't tell if this is sarcasm or not...

I consider it a quality weekly read that I genuinely look forward to. One Piece is my all-time favorite so I'm biased, plus it excels in differently different ways, but is MHA better than the other two? Hell yea, easily.

FlowersisBritish

Someone else said Bleach was good like yesterday, so I legit can't tell if this is sarcasm or not...

As a person who legitimately really liked, and still likes Bleach. Yes, this is sarcasm. I am a little mortified that I have to clarify this.

soi fon and youruchi for daiz

Why aren't there more cat girls in MHA? And more importantly, why aren't there more cats????

Top Bottom