• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

N++ |OT| Time is money

anyone else having problems submitting their scores?

vZ1BnbH.jpg

If I continue will I be able to submit my scores to the server later?

XaosWolf

Gonna go through the music list soon and pick out a list of the music that is blocked on YouTube.

I'll post the list here so people who stream to YouTube can make it YT safe.

(Obviously won't be able to monetise them though)

mare

Neo Member
Any news/updates on whether this is coming to PC? Don't have a PS4, but I'll be buying this if it comes to PC. N was the game for me during elementary and high school

We're going to make an announcement before the end of the month; there have been some additional setbacks.

We're still very much determined to get N++ on Steam, however we don't know when or how that will happen yet. Thanks for your patience! :)

mare

Neo Member
Gonna go through the music list soon and pick out a list of the music that is blocked on YouTube.

I'll post the list here so people who stream to YouTube can make it YT safe.

(Obviously won't be able to monetise them though)

Thanks! Great idea (we're going to add an option to mute these problem songs.. eventually. Right now we're still struggling with bugs).

Here are the ones that people have reported to us:
Rival Consoles - I Left the Party
Getz - Little Hand Bells
Gregor Tresher & Petar Dundov - Flux
Asusu - Sister (Nick Höppner Remix)
Locked Groove - Meditations in an Emergency (Clockwork Remix)

I've had a busted clock at the end of a chapter twice in a row. Instead of giving me 90seconds like in the replay I watched, it gave me 6 seconds.

FFS.

MrMette

I've had a busted clock at the end of a chapter twice in a row. Instead of giving me 90seconds like in the replay I watched, it gave me 6 seconds.

FFS.

The time in chapters count for the whole chapter.
So you get 90 seconds in the beginning of the chapter and if you take a lot of time in one of the earlier levels, you won't have enough time to finish other levels.

It is by design as far as I know (and is in N games since as long as I can remember (it certainly was in N+)).

I had to restart a chapter for this reason as well. I also finished a final level while starting with only 8 seconds on the clock and because of the good placement of the gold, that was just enough to finish the level (although I did have 1 or 2 seconds remaining at some point of the level).

The time in chapters count for the whole chapter.
So you get 90 seconds in the beginning of the chapter and if you take a lot of time in one of the earlier levels, you won't have enough time to finish other levels.

It is by design as far as I know (and is in N games since as long as I can remember (it certainly was in N+)).

I had to restart a chapter for this reason as well. I also finished a final level while starting with only 8 seconds on the clock and because of the good placement of the gold, that was just enough to finish the level (although I did have 1 or 2 seconds remaining at some point of the level).

Does it count restarts in that time?

MrMette

Does it count restarts in that time?
Each time you die, you start the level again with the same time you had when you finished the previous level.
So if you start the first level with 90 seconds and you die after 10 seconds, you start again with 90 seconds. The same is through for all levels. You start with the same time you got on the clock when you finished the previous level.

After each level you can see the time you had after finishing your levels in that episode.

If you play separate levels (after you finish an episode you can replay those level separately by pressing triangle in the episode select menu), you always start with 90 seconds for that level.

Sorry to bump, but I didn't see anything in the OT and I've been having the hardest time searching for information on this via Google.

Is the save bug fixed, or do we have info on how to avoid it? I've had it hit me twice. This past weekend I cleared out the Tutorial section for the third time and I'm working on my second row in "normal" levels. Would prefer to not go through this a fourth time.

MrMette

Sorry to bump, but I didn't see anything in the OT and I've been having the hardest time searching for information on this via Google.

Is the save bug fixed, or do we have info on how to avoid it? I've had it hit me twice. This past weekend I cleared out the Tutorial section for the third time and I'm working on my second row in "normal" levels. Would prefer to not go through this a fourth time.
It is not fixed afaik.

In this thread this has been said before:
DO NOT SAVE LEVELS WITHOUT UPLOADING THEM AND CLOSE THE GAME PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Patch coming asap.

The problem is they can not reproduce it easily as it doesn't always happen.

Yeah, it's pretty random, I can't repo it at all, seems to be a per-playstation thing since it appears to happen to the same people over and over again, but doesn't happen to 9999/10000 people =/

I didn't hear it is fixed and I didn't see a patch yet, so I guess it is still in there.

What I always do is after I play my levels, I go back to the main menu leave it there for a few seconds, check my stats, go back, leave it a few seconds and then close the game.
I know it is probably not necessary, but I just don't want to take the chance.

It is not fixed afaik.

In this thread this has been said before:

The problem is they can not reproduce it easily as it doesn't always happen.

I didn't hear it is fixed and I didn't see a patch yet, so I guess it is still in there.

What I always do is after I play my levels, I go back to the main menu leave it there for a few seconds, check my stats, go back, leave it a few seconds and then close the game.
I know it is probably not necessary, but I just don't want to take the chance.
So at this point, the behavior seems to be linked to exiting out of the game (during a mission, in a different menu), yet exiting from the main menu seems to be safe. I'll keep that in mind, and thank you for the info very much, friend!

wouwie

I bought this game on release but only started playing today. I'm new to the N franchise but i love it so far (played 4 hours today). Superb music, fresh presentation and awesome platforming gameplay!

wouwie

I've been playing this game for about 9 hours so far (according to the stats) and i still have tons of levels to complete. There is definately a lot of content in this game and none of it feels redundant or filler material. I'm having a lot of fun with the game and i'm very glad i bought it. I feel it's going to earn a place in my GOTY list.

However, and this might sound weird, there is one thing that i don't like in this game and it's starting to annoy me. I don't like the explosion sounds when you die (and i die a lot). Actually, you can compare the explosions when you die with real fireworks: fun to watch but more enjoyable with your ears covered, especially when caught by surprise. It's the same here. In fact, i've been startled a few times while dying unexpectedly. I would have preferred a much more relaxed, "zen" like death sound, especially since the game is stressful enough as is (when you attempt the same level over and over...). But that is about the only complaint i have for an otherwise excellent game.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Going to bump and chime in, buy this! So much content, well worth picking up.

I got a new PS4 and I guess my save wasn't backed up to my cloud storage 😯. Oh well, gives me an excuse to play through all these again.

Alkuk

Neo Member
Hi there,

after patch 1.03 I started up N ++ and there is not one single Level in N++>Solo>Episodes where the goldicon is present!?
I have played around 350 Levels in this secction and without a doubt had some levels with 100% gold collected.

The Introsection shows all gold ...!?

What has happened here?
Anyone else with this problem?

bye
Alkuk

DanyDanman

Neo Member
I have informed them about your problem.
Mare:
Oh nooooooooo :( shit. Please apologize for us a lot, we were not aware of this - we tested extensively, not sure how this was missed... Arghhhhhhh.

Crap.

When I have time to test my save file I will report back.

The little gold icon that indicated full gold clear has disappeared, even though the counter still shows the 100% clear for those levels.

Kensuke

Hi there,

after patch 1.03 I started up N ++ and there is not one single Level in N++>Solo>Episodes where the goldicon is present!?
I have played around 350 Levels in this secction and without a doubt had some levels with 100% gold collected.

The Introsection shows all gold ...!?

What has happened here?
Anyone else with this problem?

bye
Alkuk

Yep, it seems to be a problem with pretty much everyone. What a bummer.

Alkuk

Neo Member
Yep, it seems to be a problem with pretty much everyone. What a bummer.

I have played for dozens of hours and can't imagine to replay each and every level again.
This is so frustrating.

Hm: I made backups to usb, recovered those and restarted - nothing changed. But the data within the backups and the older version of N++ should work, right!?

-- So everyone who has a backup should not delete or overwrite it. So it can be used after the next patch ^^
-- Everyone who has no backup, but not updated/started N++ with the new patch should back his shi$ up and wait ...

Oh man, I loved this game, but this is amongst the worst bugs to happen to my addiction with N++ ...

I haven't launched the game since the patch so just basing on what has been described it sounds more like a display error. I would guess the gold progress is still there on your save and the game is just failing to show it, or is there some reason to believe that progress has been actually wiped and replaying required?

I am going to play it safe and leave the game alone until it is clear.

Bought the game last wekend and man, this shit is addictive, frustrating and rewarding at the same time. I love it !

I just have one question, i can't find a way to put the volume down for music and put my own. When i put my own, both soundtracks play and it's annoying. Is there an option for that ? i can't seem to find it.

MrMette

Bought the game last wekend and man, this shit is addictive, frustrating and rewarding at the same time. I love it !

I just have one question, i can't find a way to put the volume down for music and put my own. When i put my own, both soundtracks play and it's annoying. Is there an option for that ? i can't seem to find it.

You can disable all tracks in the tracklist as far as I know.
If you do this, no music will play (although I did not test this, I read somewhere you can disable certain tracks, so I guess if you disable all of them, it should work).

DanyDanman

Neo Member

Options Music Volume

Something different what do you guys want to see in an avatar or (dynamic)theme?
Leave your comment here or https://redd.it/3vavon

Kensuke

I have played for dozens of hours and can't imagine to replay each and every level again.
This is so frustrating.

Hm: I made backups to usb, recovered those and restarted - nothing changed. But the data within the backups and the older version of N++ should work, right!?

-- So everyone who has a backup should not delete or overwrite it. So it can be used after the next patch ^^
-- Everyone who has no backup, but not updated/started N++ with the new patch should back his shi$ up and wait ...

Oh man, I loved this game, but this is amongst the worst bugs to happen to my addiction with N++ ...

I hope Metanet really fixes this somehow. Getting all the golds again in Solo would be a massive pain in the ass. I know they are a super small team and all, but this is a huge mistake and really screws with fans that put a lot of time into this game.

You can disable all tracks in the tracklist as far as I know.
If you do this, no music will play (although I did not test this, I read somewhere you can disable certain tracks, so I guess if you disable all of them, it should work).

Options Music Volume

Something different what do you guys want to see in an avatar or (dynamic)theme?
Leave your comment here or https://redd.it/3vavon

Thx guys, will try that !

Not that i don't like the music, in fact i love it, i'm a fan of electronic music, the minimal beats are just perfect for this kind of game, it's just that i also love to play games like N++ with my House/Techno tunes.

gururoji

I hope Metanet really fixes this somehow. Getting all the golds again in Solo would be a massive pain in the ass. I know they are a super small team and all, but this is a huge mistake and really screws with fans that put a lot of time into this game.

I'm hopeful that they will--if you look at the actual gold counts, do they still show correctly? On mine I've lost the all-gold indicators, but the gold count will still say 66/66 for example. So the game save still seems to have the right info even if the game isn't recognizing and displaying it correctly.

Alkuk

Neo Member
I haven't launched the game since the patch so just basing on what has been described it sounds more like a display error. I would guess the gold progress is still there on your save and the game is just failing to show it, or is there some reason to believe that progress has been actually wiped and replaying required?

Hey, you are right. I checked the counter per Levelset and it seems to be correct.
Phu, that's a bit of a relief!

Will wait too ^^

Kensuke

I am going to play it safe and leave the game alone until it is clear.

There is good reason to believe it wiped progress, it has to do with some of the game's secrets. I'll put it behind spoiler tags just to be safe:
Once you beat E-row you can unlock secret levels by collecting all-gold in stages. That's the only way to unlock these levels. I completely lost access to them after the patch though.
So even if the counter still says you've collected the gold, the game doesn't really register it properly.

Others on reddit have reported the same issue, so it's not isolated.

Chris R

It sucks being A SINGLE GOLD away from 100% gold clearance on the Intro levels :( And of course it's in A-1, just taunting me.

raigan

Neo Member
hey everyone -- we're aware of this (horrible... uuuuugh) bug and are working on it. As far as we can tell the info is still there, there is just a problem with the logic that deals with it.

(This bug was actually created in the process of fixing another, less-horrible bug, which was: when you unlock the secrets in the N++ section, the all-gold badges stop showing up in Intro/Legacy. Now they show up properly in Intro/Legacy but not in N++! Sigh...)

I'm really sorry about this. There will be another patch in early January which should fix all known problems.

Thanks so much for your patience, and your support!

We'll be adding new stuff in 2016, stay tuned :)

5taquitos

hey everyone -- we're aware of this (horrible... uuuuugh) bug and are working on it. As far as we can tell the info is still there, there is just a problem with the logic that deals with it.

(This bug was actually created in the process of fixing another, less-horrible bug, which was: when you unlock the secrets in the N++ section, the all-gold badges stop showing up in Intro/Legacy. Now they show up properly in Intro/Legacy but not in N++! Sigh...)

I'm really sorry about this. There will be another patch in early January which should fix all known problems.

Thanks so much for your patience, and your support!

We'll be adding new stuff in 2016, stay tuned :)

Awesome, can't wait to see what's coming down the pipe! I need to get back to this game...

Probably a silly question but if I enjoyed N+ on 360, will I also enjoy this? I bought a PS4 a few months ago but completely forgot about this game. I've got some PSN cash to burn .

Any way to find out what version 1.04 fixes?
Does it say any notes when you press Options on the PS4 home screen when N++ is selected, then you check Update History (or something similarly named)? I saw there was an update but ai've left for work and can't check it myself.

cyba89

Does it say any notes when you press Options on the PS4 home screen when N+ is selected, then you check Update History (or something similarly named)? I saw there was an update but ai've left for work and can't check it myself.

The new patch is 1.05 and there wasn't any note of that in the update history when I looked.

On the stat screen there is now a section that show how many times you got killed by which enemy. I don't think that was there before.

Top Bottom