• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

Tony is a bad match up for Lee cause the guy is just a ball of manic energy that can do it all. Lee needs to be in a couple wars before taking on that monster.

Yep I agree. Lee is really impressive I just think the pace from Tony would eventually be too much for him at this stage in his career.

But yeah he has big time potential we just need to see him against some of the tougher guys in the division still.

Yep I agree. Lee is really impressive I just think the pace from Tony would eventually be too much for him at this stage in his career.

But yeah he has big time potential we just need to see him against some of the tougher guys in the division still.

I honestly think the only guy that beats Ferguson is Nate.

Ferguson is a much more complete fighter, but Nate has really solid fundamentals, cardio and better grappling. I think he is one of the very few fighters that would have no problems with Ferguson's pace and would just wear him down and overwhelm him with volume punching.

I really wish the UFC would pay up to make the fight happen.

brentech

saswlf3.jpg

FUME5

uCwBb5o

So that looks normal to people?

That doesn't look like a guy that's totally help less?

He was in deep shit, but it wasn't over. Plus, having been hit with illegal strikes, he shouldn't have been in that position. Yamasaki should have stood it up, given Chisea time to recover and given Lee a warning.

I don't think it will make much difference in the long run, Chisea seems to have plateaued while Lee is definitely on the up.

Chumley

Banned
He was in deep shit, but it wasn't over. Plus, having been hit with illegal strikes, he shouldn't have been in that position. Yamasaki should have stood it up, given Chisea time to recover and given Lee a warning.

I don't think it will make much difference in the long run, Chisea seems to have plateaued while Lee is definitely on the up.

Anything can happen in a fight. Lee might have looked strong there but he didn't get the finish, this thing will likely be overturned to a NC.

And if Dana's posts are anything to go by, he's probably going to set up an instant rematch.

Lol, that is not being overturned ....

All they have to say is he wasn't "intelligently defending himself" and it stands ...no way out of all the fuckery we have seen THAT is the thing that gets turned into a NC.

Btw Tony Furg with the "how did it feel when you got dropped with a DDT" was the lamest troll job ever...is that dude for real?

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Sad to see Mario fuck up. I'm a Yamasaki academy alumni, he and Fernando are two of the greatest BJJ trainers I have ever had. But jesus fuck.

On the plus side, got to see great performance from Felice and Carla

I dont know what the fuzz is all about. The choke was pretty tight and I dont see how Chiesa couldve gotten away from it. It was absolutely locked.

Mario SHOULD have waited but I dont think it changes the outcome at all. Chiesa would have tapped during the next 10 seconds or so.

iddqd

Sad to see Mario fuck up. I'm a Yamasaki academy alumni, he and Fernando are two of the greatest BJJ trainers I have ever had. But jesus fuck.

On the plus side, got to see great performance from Felice and Carla

Same here, guy that teaches at my school JUST got his black belt from Fernando.
They are a super old school martial arts family and they have been doing all of this for longer then I've been alive and Mario just keeps dragging it into the dirt with his side job that does not even pay well.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Same here, guy that teaches at my school JUST got his black belt from Fernando.
They are a super old school martial arts family and they have been doing all of this for longer then I've been alive and Mario just keeps dragging it into the dirt with his side job that does not even pay well.

Nice, which school? I trained out of Rockville. Their schools are so good, just stop reffing, unnecessary. Though it does kinda make me mad about the heart thing. Mario does it for his daughter.

zewone

I really hope they don't try and reschedule that fight.

Chiesa was about 5 seconds from tapping out or sleeping.

Mario kinda did Mike a favor. If he had just let it go for another 3-5 seconds and let the inevitable happen, everyone would be talking about how Chiesa got fucked washed by Lee. Now instead the "controversy" might have earned him another main event pay day.

Levito

Banned
That's the face you make when you let out a fart and realize it wasn't just a fart.

Speaking of this did y'all see that Kish literally shit herself during the fight last night? Pictures are on r/mma, didn't notice during broadcast. Feel so bad for her, that'd be so embarrassing.

EDIT: nvm it was mentioned earlier in the thread

They showed a few replays of fight in the broadcast and during the after-fight show and I never saw any shit stains, but it looked really bad online. Herrig's feet were covered in shit. I wonder if they just edited it out for the broadcast.

No chance Chiesa gets that L overturned.

Dana might have been mad last night but the UFC is always on the look out for new stars and I don't think they'll run a fight back unnecessarily when they can push Lee to bigger and better fights.

I'd like to see him take on Barboza next. See how well he does against an elite striker.

The one card I never watched was Bader/Lil Nog 2 when there were two FN events back to back in different countries. I've literally watched every card from UFC 1 to current except that one card.

The one card I never watched was Bader/Lil Nog 2 when there were two FN events back to back in different countries. I've literally watched every card from UFC 1 to current except that one card.
I think the only one I've missed since 2009 or so was that TUF China one. I'm not about to watch 0-0 yoga instructors fight.

Top Bottom