• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| June 2017 - AquaBDSM : Sunstone but with dolphins.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Well it's almost time to dig into the backlog of books I've been building up for the last couple of months. As of Wednesday it should look like this.....,

Animal Noir #3
Animal Noir #4
Birthright #24
Birthright #25
Black Hammer #8
Black Hammer #9
Black Hammer #10
Black Magick #6
Black Monday Murders #5
Black Monday Murders #6
Black Road #9
Black Road #10
Black Science #29
Copperhead #13
Copperhead #14
Crosswind #1
Curse Words #5
Deadly Class #28
Drifter #19
East of West #33
Extremity #3
Extremity #4
The Fix #9
I Hate Fairyland #13
Injection #12
Injection #13
Kill or Be Killed #8
Kill or Be Killed #9
Kill the Minotaur #1
Ladykiller #1
Ladykiller #2
Ladykiller #3
Ladykiller #4
Ladykiller #5
Ladykiller 2 #1
Ladykiller 2 #2
Ladykiller 2 #3
Ladykiller 2 #4
Manifest Destiny #28
Manifest Destiny #29
Misfit City #1
Monstress #11
Monstress #12
Namwolf #1
Namwolf #2
Old Guard #3
Old Guard #4
Old Guard #5
Paper Girls #14
Paper Girls #15
Saga #43
Saga #44
Seven to Eternity #6
Shirtless Bear Fighter #1
Shutter #29
Spencer & Locke #2
Spencer & Locke #3
Spread #21
Tomboy #11
The Walking Dead #168
Wayward #21
The Wicked + The Divine 450 AD
Youngblood #1
Youngblood #2

Finally With Preacher season 2 premiere the show starts to feel more like the comic. It's still it's own thing but it's finally sticking to the absurdity and over the top crassness. If it can find the hidden heart it'll have the 3 core tennants of the book (IMO)

Malyse

So impressions on the DC/Looney Tunes crossovers so far? Too bad the Batman/Elmer Fudd one isn't out yet.

Better than any reasonable expectations. I was gonna skip them, but what the hell they're fucking fantastic

Gonna read all of Action comics and Detective Comics since Rebirth. :V

Wanderer5

Better than any reasonable expectations. I was gonna skip them, but what the hell they're fucking fantastic

Gonna read all of Action comics and Detective Comics since Rebirth. :V

Heh, maybe I will include the Wonder Woman/Tasmanian Devil in my pile to use the get $20 off of $30 or more code.

New sales doesn't interests me, so think I am set of what I want to get (mostly just wrapping up the Steph Batgirl series).

Ross61

Dark Nights:Metal #1 Covers:
65lYnYP.jpg

I got one of those coupons too but I'm not sure what to get. I've picked up most things I was waiting on a sale for already. Maybe I'll get the remaining issues of Thor I need instead of jumping into something else.

So impressions on the DC/Looney Tunes crossovers so far? Too bad the Batman/Elmer Fudd one isn't out yet.

I've only read Martian Manhunter/Marvin the Martian and Wonder Woman/Taz and I've thought both were pretty bad. Martian Manhunter one though is 100% worth it for the backup though which is 20x better than the main issue.

I'm reading the Zdarsky Spiderman comic that came out last week. How far back does the whole wrestling part of Spidey's origin go? I only knew about it from the first Raimi Movie.

Edit: Gorlan Parlov drew the backup! Awesome.

Aizo

Banned
What do I do if I want to generally understand the big events of the DC universe? Can I just read Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, Convergence, and Darkseid War? I'm only really familiar with Flashpoint, I think.

God damn. Finally got around to starting The Amazing Screw-on Head & others collection, and the title story is excellent. What makes it stand apart from his other work is how self aware it is. It's pulpy as hell but the characters know it, the whole script feels like it was written with tongue firmly in cheek and ends up really wacky and loveable. The art is really top notch too, matches the tone perfectly while keeping that moody look Mig achieves with Stewart so well. This feels like the closest thing I've read to the pancake short in the HB books, and I'd be happy to see more adventures of Mr Head, Groin and Dog some day.

skybald

Babyteeth #1
So what's all the fuss with this? Not that impressive. Redneck definitely feels like it has more going for it.

tim1138

What do I do if I want to generally understand the big events of the DC universe? Can I just read Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, Convergence, and Darkseid War? I'm only really familiar with Flashpoint, I think.

Event spoilers below!

Crisis on Infinite Earths - the Anti-Monitor destroys the multiverse, leaving only one Earth and one version of all the characters. This was done to clean up and unify continuity. Barry Allen Flash and Supergirl die during the Crisis.

Infinite Crisis - this brings back the Multiverse. Superboy Prime, Superman and Lois of Earth 2, and Alexander Luthor of Earth 3 survived the original Crisis and lived alone in a pocket dimension. Superboy Prime manipulates them to help him restore the Multiverse by promising to bring their worlds back. Superboy Prime is evil, gets thrown in the Speed Force, and ultimately is held in a red sun prison by the GOV.

Final Crisis - the Fourth World falls and the Fifth World rises. Darkseid and his cohorts posses human hosts, Darkseid finally gets control over the Anti-Life Equation and takes over the world, corrupting many of Sarah's heroes in the process. Barry Allen comes back form beyond the grave and he and Wally trick the Black Racer (the New Gods embodiment of Death) into attacking Darkseid right as Batman shoots him with a radium bullet. Batman gets blasted by the Omega Sanction and gets sent back in time. Meanwhile the Supermen of the Multiverse team up and take down an evil Monitor and then Superman builds a wishing machine and wishes for a happy ending.

Convergence - dunno, don't care.

Darkseid War - The Anti-Monitor and Darkseid throw down, Darkseid dies, various League members become New Gods. After teaming up with the Crime Syndicate, the League is betrayed by them. Jessica Cruz appears to die but doesn't and becomes a Green Lantern. Darkseid is reborn and is a baby, Lex Luthor is the new Lord of Apokolips. Owlman and Grid steal Metron's chair to gain omniscience before being killed by Doc Manhattan thus ushering in Rebirth.

Event spoilers below!

Crisis on Infinite Earths - the Anti-Monitor destroys the multiverse, leaving only one Earth and one version of all the characters. This was done to clean up and unify continuity. Barry Allen Flash and Supergirl die during the Crisis.

Infinite Crisis - this brings back the Multiverse. Superboy Prime, Superman and Lois of Earth 2, and Alexander Luthor of Earth 3 survived the original Crisis and lived alone in a pocket dimension. Superboy Prime manipulates them to help him restore the Multiverse by promising to bring their worlds back. Superboy Prime is evil, gets thrown in the Speed Force, and ultimately is held in a red sun prison by the GOV.

Final Crisis - the Fourth World falls and the Fifth World rises. Darkseid and his cohorts posses human hosts, Darkseid finally gets control over the Anti-Life Equation and takes over the world, corrupting many of Sarah's heroes in the process. Barry Allen comes back form beyond the grave and he and Wally trick the Black Racer (the New Gods embodiment of Death) into attacking Darkseid right as Batman shoots him with a radium bullet. Batman gets blasted by the Omega Sanction and gets sent back in time. Meanwhile the Supermen of the Multiverse team up and take down an evil Monitor and then Superman builds a wishing machine and wishes for a happy ending.

Convergence - dunno, don't care.

Darkseid War - The Anti-Monitor and Darkseid throw down, Darkseid dies, various League members become New Gods. After teaming up with the Crime Syndicate, the League is betrayed by them. Jessica Cruz appears to die but doesn't and becomes a Green Lantern. Darkseid is reborn and is a baby, Lex Luthor is the new Lord of Apokolips. Owlman and Grid steal Metron's chair to gain omniscience before being killed by Doc Manhattan thus ushering in Rebirth.
Hey now. Convergence was bad, yes, BUT:

Brainiac brings a bunch of different parts of worlds and timelines together to make them fight it out except he...fuck i don't care either. Basically, Infinite Earths return as opposed to the 52 of before. Parallax Hal Jordan and Pre-Flashpoint Superman, Lois Lane, and their son Jon make it into the post-Flashpoint (New 52) timeline. This is the Super family that's currently running around. I have no idea what happened to Parallax.

I got one of those coupons too but I'm not sure what to get. I've picked up most things I was waiting on a sale for already. Maybe I'll get the remaining issues of Thor I need instead of jumping into something else.

I got the Prez collection (not the new series, the old one), and Checkmate Vol 1 from Rucka. I figured I might as well use the comic for (A) DC stuff, which seems to go on sale way less often than other publishers, (B) stuff I wanted, but (1) wasn't likely to end up in a sale soon anyway since it's old, obscure and there's not going to be any media crossovers to trigger a sale a-la Wonder Woman, and (2) stuff I would never actually pay full price for digital for.

A bunch of other things I would have used the coupon on have a big enough price descrepancy between Amazon and CMX (but redeem on CMX anyway) that it took them out of coupon contention. Like that New Frontier deluxe collection: $30-something on CMX, $19 on Amazon even though it redeems on CMX. Cosmic Oddysey? $25 on CMX, $17 on Amazon. Etc Etc Etc. Ditto for a ton of more recent Marvel TPBs: Amazon's normal price is CMX's sale price.

Top Bottom