• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Jimrpg

I've been meaning to share my little Vita Collection for a while so here it is.

uGwuJdY.jpg

Digital

Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed
Danganronpa 1 & 2
Metal Gear Solid Collection
Muramasa: Rebirth
Oreshika
Playstation Pets
Senran Kagura
Steins;Gate
Tearaway
Wipeout 2048

Not Pictured
Vita TV

I've had the OLED Vita (not pictured) pretty much since six months after launch but I didn't play it as much as I would have liked. I was still trying to beat games on PS3/PS4 and I purchased a decent PC two years ago so a lot of time went into that. Now that the Vita is winding down, I decided to collect some stuff that I know I would like to play on the system as well as get some titles for my kids in the future.

Though I have to say, getting kids titles on the Vita was probably one of the trickiest things. I expected at least something... the best I could do was some Lego games, Little Big Planet, Vita Pets (which sucks), Lumines?. It's definitely a console for adolescent and above. The 3DS seems like it has better kids titles though I'm kinda struggling beyond things like Nintendogs.

The Vita slim above I've had for six months was meant to be my backup unit/US account, but I'm using it in the interim until I sell the OLED and get some money for another Vita Slim (maybe white but the red looks amazing). My trophies are now all out of whack because I'm playing Steins;Gate Zero on my US account and not my AU account.

At this stage, I probably have purchased everything I want of what's released. There are still some things I'm interested in like Super Monkey Ball, Tetris Ultimate, but I'll probably wait for a digital sale to get them. Other things that are hard to find like Virtua Tennis World Tour or UMvC3, I'm just not going to pay a premium for them considering how cheap games are these days. One thing I'm bummed about is how expensive, Atelier Ayesha Escha&Logy is even discounted on PSN, Shallie Plus is kinda sitting there unplayed while I wait for a decent price.

For the rest of the year, I'll just be picking up Utawarerumono Mask of Truth, and currently considering Ys VIII, Tokyo Xanadu, Summon Night 6 depending on if I want portability or performance (PS4).

Ventara

Just noticed Valkyria Revolution is out next week for Vita (and PS4). Is there any English physical Vita copy in any region?

Just noticed Valkyria Revolution is out next week for Vita (and PS4). Is there any English physical Vita copy in any region?

Nope unfortunately (
or maybe fortunately according to some
). And SEGA of America doesnt seem interested in doing anything with LRG. So its either physical with proper distrubution or digital only. Same distributor as Atlus USA (which is Atlus USA)

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Nope unfortunately (
or maybe fortunately according to some
). And SEGA of America doesnt seem interested in doing anything with LRG. So its either physical with proper distrubution or digital only. Same distributor as Atlus USA (which is Atlus USA)

So lame. LRG would leap at the chance to issue that...

I suppose my physical Jet Set Radio Vita will never, ever happen :/

Just heard Musync is getting a full release! That'll be my next physical Vita game seeing as my only physical games for it are music ones...

i-Jest

I've been meaning to share my little Vita Collection for a while so here it is.

Digital

Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed
Danganronpa 1 & 2
Metal Gear Solid Collection
Muramasa: Rebirth
Oreshika
Playstation Pets
Senran Kagura
Steins;Gate
Tearaway
Wipeout 2048

Not Pictured
Vita TV

I've had the OLED Vita (not pictured) pretty much since six months after launch but I didn't play it as much as I would have liked. I was still trying to beat games on PS3/PS4 and I purchased a decent PC two years ago so a lot of time went into that. Now that the Vita is winding down, I decided to collect some stuff that I know I would like to play on the system as well as get some titles for my kids in the future.

Though I have to say, getting kids titles on the Vita was probably one of the trickiest things. I expected at least something... the best I could do was some Lego games, Little Big Planet, Vita Pets (which sucks), Lumines?. It's definitely a console for adolescent and above. The 3DS seems like it has better kids titles though I'm kinda struggling beyond things like Nintendogs.

The Vita slim above I've had for six months was meant to be my backup unit/US account, but I'm using it in the interim until I sell the OLED and get some money for another Vita Slim (maybe white but the red looks amazing). My trophies are now all out of whack because I'm playing Steins;Gate Zero on my US account and not my AU account.

At this stage, I probably have purchased everything I want of what's released. There are still some things I'm interested in like Super Monkey Ball, Tetris Ultimate, but I'll probably wait for a digital sale to get them. Other things that are hard to find like Virtua Tennis World Tour or UMvC3, I'm just not going to pay a premium for them considering how cheap games are these days. One thing I'm bummed about is how expensive, Atelier Ayesha Escha&Logy is even discounted on PSN, Shallie Plus is kinda sitting there unplayed while I wait for a decent price.

For the rest of the year, I'll just be picking up Utawarerumono Mask of Truth, and currently considering Ys VIII, Tokyo Xanadu, Summon Night 6 depending on if I want portability or performance (PS4).

Decided against getting Tearaway for Vita arbok26? I notice you have titles in your collection I'm looking for.

Jimrpg

Decided against getting Tearaway for Vita arbok26? I notice you have titles in your collection I'm looking for.

I have it digitally. Tearaway is a really weird one, I did not like it the first time I played it, because I'm not really a big fan of LBP and Tearaway felt quite similar and without any challenge. But I persisted and a few hours in, it really clicked with me. It might be one of the most charming games I've ever played and the paper mechanics just fit the game so well. I haven't finished it yet, but its on my to do list.

Pretty sweet collection. Interesting mix of western and Japanese games.

Thanks! I generally like everything but don't really play FPS because of motion sickness. The Vita is kinda perfect for me in that regard. I wish it had more sports titles though.

Unwrapping and playing Utawarerumono may well be the best decision you make this year.

Yakuza Zero is already a top 3 GOAT for me, but I am fairly open minded. :) I'm going to preorder Mask of Truth in the next couple of weeks just so I'm not rushing around at the last minute trying to find a copy like I was with Mask of Deception.

Olengie

They could've made money if they decided to do a limited physical edition like Koei did with Arnosurge Plus and NIS with their limited runs. imo

Dipping into Atelier Shallie Plus every now and then at the moment, and I'm genuinely upset that Blue Reflection isn't making it Westwards on Vita.

Shizuka

Just finished Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception. It's far, far ahead of everything else I played this year as my GOTY for now.

That is true. But those already have a PS4 version that they are releasing physically. Caligula Effect doesn't have that luxury.

I feel like KT doesnt have any faith in gust games in the west anymore. no CEs, doing PC ports that run like ass, game bombas all over, no dubs (FUCKING ANNOYED), skipping vita.

i mean firis is the first atelier game that has no LE/CE in the west?

Quixzlizx

I feel like KT doesnt have any faith in gust games in the west anymore. no CEs, doing PC ports that run like ass, game bombas all over, no dubs (FUCKING ANNOYED), skipping vita.

i mean firis is the first atelier game that has no LE/CE in the west?

Ayesha didn't have an LE until the Vita version.

Ventara

Speaking of Tokyo Xanadu, what are the differences between the Vita and PS4 versions? I'm definitely getting the Vita version, but I have a preorder of the PS4 version with a nice discount, so I'm wondering if it's worth keeping or if I should just cancel it.

Speaking of Tokyo Xanadu, what are the differences between the Vita and PS4 versions? I'm definitely getting the Vita version, but I have a preorder of the PS4 version with a nice discount, so I'm wondering if it's worth keeping or if I should just cancel it.

PS4 has 2 extra (iirc) chapters, some balance changes, some new side stories, new playable character (not sure if more than 1). Both versions have DLC in the form of consumables and cosmetics. I downloaded the demo to check and the PS4 version is like a 1080 60 version of the Vita game. Barring frame rate and resoltuion there wasn't much difference in what i played.

idontneeditidontneeditidontneedit

Thanks to Aksys' EU incompetence, I'll settle for the standard edition, sadly, so that I can play it Day One.

Well everything is an import in India so I just get the LE for games from whichever region has the one I want. Been playing TX on Vita for the last couple of days. So happy to finally be able to understand stuff lol.

Jimrpg

Ayesha Plus didn't get a physical release, LE or otherwise.

It was Escha & Logy Plus that was the first physical Vita Atelier.

Not releasing all the dusk games physically on Vita has been seriously annoying. The Atelier games are still expensive and rarely get discounted on PSN. It's led to me waiting half a year waiting on Ayesha and Escha and Logy. With my backlog I'm not going to spend $50 on each one digitally.

I'll probably just start with Sophie on Steam.

Arthos

How rare are the physical Ateliers? Escha and Shallie were the only ones that got physical releases, right? I do wish all of them had physical releases.

How rare are the physical Ateliers? Escha and Shallie were the only ones that got physical releases, right? I do wish all of them had physical releases.

Escha and Logy regularly goes for $120-200. Shallie you can still pretty easily find for retail price, both LE and the regular version that Europe got.

I'd say it's clear that Shallie had a larger LE print than E&L did.

So, I finished an article looking at 10 classic PS1/PSP games that I'm gutted are missing from PSN:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress....titles-which-are-missing-from-the-vita-store/

Any you really wish were up there?

Also, Muv-Luv Vita update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1914280

Muv-Luv Trilogy PS Vita version won't be canceled!

We're aware many people have been waiting for the PS Vita games, while we cannot give any definite date yet, we can reassure everyone that Degica will always support the PS Vita! We already have released cool games, and more to come :)

1. DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours - http://press.degigames.com/sheet.php?p=dariusburst_chronicle_saviours

2. Nurse Love Addiction - a visual novel we've just released last Thursday!

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...tion/cid=UP1056-PCSE01004_00-NURSELOVEADDUS00

http://press.degigames.com/sheet.php?p=nurse_love_addiction

The majority of our PS Vita backers pledged for the physical rewards with a PC digital, so delivering the physical rewards as soon as possible is our top priority. We'll immediately resume porting to PS Vita once Muv-Luv Alternative PC version is completed.

Saphirax

Muv Luv
Sekai Project Games
Sharin no Kuni
Dies Irae

I wonder which one will come out first and which ones will never see the light of day.

Muv Luv
Sekai Project Games
Sharin no Kuni
Dies Irae

I wonder which one will come out first and which ones will never see the light of day.

Sharin will actually come out, Dies Irae will be delayed for over a year, Muv-Luv will come out but only in US region, and Sekai's games will go the way of Half-Life 3.

Saphirax

Sharin will actually come out, Dies Irae will be delayed for over a year, Muv-Luv will come out but only in US region, and Sekai's games will go the way of Half-Life 3.

Haha, my thoughts are similar to yours. I'll be surprised if get even one SP game.

Dies Irae...I'm not sure. Given how quiet they've been about it I'm not expecting much.

Shizuka

Haha, my thoughts are similar to yours. I'll be surprised if get even one SP game.

Dies Irae...I'm not sure. Given how quiet they've been about it I'm not expecting much.

We'll get Rabi-Ribi, if only because the original developer is the one porting it.

jzbluz

So, I finished an article looking at 10 classic PS1/PSP games that I'm gutted are missing from PSN:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress....titles-which-are-missing-from-the-vita-store/

Any you really wish were up there?

Also, Muv-Luv Vita update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/muvluv/muv-luv-a-pretty-sweet-visual-novel-series/posts/1914280

The Valkyrie profile games since they were my favourite Tri-Ace games. I think Lenneth is beyond hope since it's a PSP/PS1 game, but Silmeria could maybe show up on the PS4.

Top Bottom