• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Rubenov

Seriously you don't have to run anyone other than Rosa with USB. Shit is cray.

Can confirm. Just finished a multiplayer match where we had two healers (a Y'shtola and my Rosa with USB). Ysh was taken out in what it seemed like five seconds, and it was up to my Rosa to keep the party healed through the rest of the match. She did it no prob. LOVE that USB.

Seems like we will get 120 mythril until the end of the Cloud USB banner. Guess I will do at least one pull.

Nah man you gotta go all out. Mortgage the house, sell the wife sell the kids.

j/k

Syntsui

All this crazy talk made me pull, got Garnet BSB2 which I really wanted + CoD whatever and Kuja OSB which will never be used.

MiTYH

Would anyone be able to assist? Trying to beat Geyron's stage. I really, really want that MCIII Lode, so I'll do anything, don't need to master it, just get that first clear.

This is my account. Fair number of healing USBs, OSBs, and a handful at level 99, but I obviously need more. Need to figure out a good team because so far I've only been able to get hime down to about half health before he KOs me. Thoughts anyone?

Would anyone be able to assist? Trying to beat Geyron's stage. I really, really want that MCIII Lode, so I'll do anything, don't need to master it, just get that first clear.

This is my account. Fair number of healing USBs, OSBs, and a handful at level 99, but I obviously need more. Need to figure out a good team because so far I've only been able to get hime down to about half health before he KOs me. Thoughts anyone?

Vaan
Lightning
Onion Knight
Tyro
Eiko

RW either a physical or non-elemental OSB, or Wall. Put Knight's Charge RM on Eiko, and +damage RMs on everyone else.

Eiko gives you last stand. If you RW Wall then you can use Tyro BSB for Magic Blink.

Go slow at the beginning, just keep debuffs and wall up while Lifesiphon spamming to get SB gauges up.

After you get full SB bars get him down to about 50% then just spam OSBs. You've got Vaan, Lightning, and OK OSB, all of which are non-elemental or physical so should bypass his resistance.

Worst case scenario use a mythril revive so you get your SB gauges refilled.

friz898

Glancing over cpp's advice, he's got you pretty much covered. If you have another question or that setup isn't working for you for some reason, just post again. Will help if can.

So I've been away from some days. Had a bit of time to burn stamina on most days. Always lucky:
Imperil: Garnet BSB2, Leo SSB, Fang BSB
Healers: two Rosa SSB, Porom SSB
BSB+OSB: Cid...OSB, Gaffgarion BSB

Summer fest...sadly it is dupe central for me. I have:
Phase 1: Asylum, CoD SSB (got these two in 11 pull), Garnet SSB+BSB2 (Garnet SSB might be dated but I still get milage out of it)
Phase 2: Maria bow, crappy Tifa BSB, VoF, FFXI Dropkick, Excalibur
Phase 3: Shantotto gloves (I already have these +++), Ashe armour, Orlandeau SSB
Phase 4: Cecil BSB, Ark BSB, Genji Gloves, Evoker's Doublet
Phase 5: Wizer Rod, Curtana, Mistilteinn

Considering most of those are the higher odd pulls I don't like my odds though but phases 3 and 5 would be my best options.

Also probably old but ever wondered how DeNA seem to do loads of damage in their SB videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzTMGBptag8
I don't think we were supposed to see that...
I love it when game demos go wrong

friz898

So I've been away from some days. Had a bit of time to burn stamina on most days. Always lucky:
Imperil: Garnet BSB2, Leo SSB, Fang BSB
Healers: two Rosa SSB, Porom SSB
BSB+OSB: Cid...OSB, Gaffgarion BSB

Summer fest...sadly it is dupe central for me. I have:
Phase 1: Asylum, CoD SSB (got these two in 11 pull), Garnet SSB+BSB2 (Garnet SSB might be dated but I still get milage out of it)
Phase 2: Maria bow, crappy Tifa BSB, VoF, FFXI Dropkick, Excalibur
Phase 3: Shantotto gloves (I already have these +++), Ashe armour, Orlandeau SSB
Phase 4: Cecil BSB, Ark BSB, Genji Gloves, Evoker's Doublet
Phase 5: Wizer Rod, Curtana, Mistilteinn

Considering most of those are the higher odd pulls I don't like my odds though but phases 3 and 5 would be my best options.

Also probably old but ever wondered how DeNA seem to do loads of damage in their SB videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzTMGBptag8
I don't think we were supposed to see that...
I love it when game demos go wrong

I kept trying to go frame by freame to see what the red message is or whatever, what's the deal?

Jarekx

Yea, Rosa's USB is where it's at. Only tried it on soulcage apoc but it was a breeze with her. Really want to work a physical blink into my team now too.

Jarekx

Edge's if you could pick and choose.

I wish I had it. Currently I'm only sitting on Yuffies SSB (also got her USB yesterday) and my boy Sabins SSB. Yuffie could be alright, I just don't see myself building gauges fast enough with her.

I'll prolly pull if Edges shows up again. Aside from this godly heal my IV synergy is kinda lacking.

WarAdept

Got Strago's BSB from the 100 gem pull, kinda shitty, deleted it for space
didn't even try

hermione-glare.gif

Grats

Syntsui

I didn't get shit bro lmao. I have 8 mithril after that fucking Medica banner, I'll be lucky to have enough for a single pull on Cloud USB.

Xetherion

1/11 on VI-2, Leo ssb. It's new, but i already have Agrias and Beatrix bsb imperils.

And since I now have all the ssb's on this banner, dupe chance is too high to keep pulling. No Stragod bsb for me.

friz898

d140 is just Terra OSB
d180 was hard until I switched to deploy tactics for RW.

Did the CM btw. Both raids seem easiest in long time but the guy lives forever.

100 gen pull was trash

Beat Ruin, Jump Start and CM.

Have someone on standby with holy to knock godess form out. She'll counter moves already in action with sleep..so that's not good. Put sleep resist on your holy dealer.

Celes, Terra, Irvine, Aeris, OK was my team.

Speaking of Terra, Ive been 5 star honing her and she's now at 726 Mag RS.

Damn that CM was tricky. I had to experiment with some different party comps and abilities before I found something that worked. The key ended up being Warrior of Light's pblink SSB, and timing it correctly to avoid Chaos' Trample attack. Once I had that down I was able to focus exclusively on magic mitigation (hence I didn't master because I had Wol carry Magic Breakdown and Mind Breakdown which helped a bit with Stop duration). I'll go back and get the mastery with a better team. (I realized after the fact that I could have had Echo carry Multi Break as an alternative, but oh well.)

Multiplayer was not too tough, fun battle, but my team took a long time to clear because we were heavy on healing and mitigation and light on DPS. Most of the damage in the fight came from Vaan's BSB.

Avoiding the new banner like the plague. I don't care for Sabin that much, and while I'd love to try for Strago and Leo's BSBs, I already have five Imperial Highblades and I just know that's what I'd end up with.

Tidd

MP seems annoying. Guess I will run the support roll this week and let others do the damage.

First off: ROSA USB IS SOOOOO AWESOME! Our MP team had two healers my Rosa and an Eiko with her USB. Eiko only spammed Ultra Cure because she didn't has anything to do. lol

I would say TGC will be the MVP for the damage in this fight. We had 2. As you may know Fiend uses an attack that makes him immune to certain elements. He didn't use it for holy because we dealt too much damage.
So yeah, the fight was surprisingly easy after I read that he counters holy attacks with Ultimate Dispel. What is ok: Holy SBs! BIG NO GO(except you like challenges): Holy abilities and BSB commands!

Balphon

My run at the Chaos CM took forever since my FF1 crew is weak but I really wasn't ever in danger of dying. His damage output is minimal.

Had an awesome MP raid. Celes OSB with Shell, Ramza tri-buff, Terra OSB and magic, Vanille heals with protect, Tyro with blink heal and SG and wrathing OSB Terra.

Had to play Terra-Vanille cuz drop and I was raid leader with Irvine-OK.

Wont be doing I CM but I look forward to downing him cuz I didnt beat this fool last FFI event.

I decided to just yolo the 180 CM. Rolled straight into it after Phantom Train without changing my party comp, and well, it was ugly, but good enough for mastery.

Chadarnook... I kind of hate these fights where you queue up an action, the enemy changes form, and whoops, fuck you. We should be able to cancel queued actions if the bosses are able to pull this kind of chicanery.

Not much to this fight other than just not messing up the timing.

I didn't want to pull, I'm a weak motherfucker : /

OsQCmpDl.jpg

Vanille is my permanent healer with her BSB but that Ultra is pretty sweet and thank god I didn't get kuja's/yuffie's OSB/Ultra.
Raines claws, finally one of my most wanted relics :)
Sun blade is a nice surprise and the batman cloak is better than a dupe (quistis' dress, wizard rod)

I'm done with this phase, I don't want to risk more mythril chasing Yshtola's BSB.

Phase 3 next (TGCid's OSB is my only dupe there), skip the rest, skip Cloud USB and save for the next FFVI event (I really want setzer BSB and the first banner has all his relics)

Xetherion

Finished the VI event last night. A lot of bosses with annoying mechanics.

Did the Raids first, my group tried to do a Holy team first with Beatrix bsb and 2 TGC osb. But of course, Holy was one of the first elements the bastard nullified with his Force Field. After that we switched to a non-elemental team with OK bsb, Vaan bsb, and Zell bsb as our DPS, and the fight was a cinch after that. We also had 2 Larsas with bsb keeping us from being Stopped.

Then I did Phantom Train next, and almost lost due to its Diabolic Whistle Slowing most of my party when I didn't have a hastega available. Luckily it was almost dead at this point and I was able to finish it off.

After that was the Magic Master CM, who keeps changing his elemental weakness and resistances and they made the target scores hitting those weaknesses so I couldn't just focus on non-elemental. My VI synergy is strong though so it wasn't hard, just annoying.

Then the Apoc boss, who likes to change forms and counter attacks and Confuse people. Goddess form has an AOE confuse attack that you don't want to happen, so make sure you have a Holy attack at the ready to make it switch to Demon form right away. Demon form also causes Confuse with Jarring Blow, but it's only ST at least. Still, if I had known Demon form also Confused, I would have brought Confuse resist because that was really annoying. Demon form switches back to Goddess after its 3rd action, so count its actions and don't queue up any attacks after its 2nd action unless you know they'll go off before its 3rd action. Make sure you have someone with a Holy attack on standby for Goddess form.

Then the Jump Start battle, which again had us starting with empty ATB. I tried to S/L to get an opening where I could get mitigation up without someone dying, but Goddess kept killing someone with Thundara or a multi-hit phys attack on her 2nd action, which occurs when my party is just barely filling their first ATB. Eventually I just used Yuna's USB to res the dead people and applied mitigation afterwards. After that the fight was pretty much the same as the Apoc battle, though I brought Confuse resist this time which helped.

Yuna has been working as a replacement for Vanille btw. She does enough healing with her burst to get the job done, and now I have her ultra as back up if it doesn't. The sage buff on the burst is a welcome addition, and her damage is actually respectable too. She was doing 7k to Chadarnook with cmd2. During the Jump Start I had the dualcast Summon RM on her and at one point when I used cmd1 to toggle Summon mode on, she dualcasted it and did 7k x4 to Chadarnook, which is more than OK who was doing 5k x4 with his cmd2. Of course without dualcast that 7k x4 would only be every 2 turns compared to every turn with OK, but it was still good damage.

I kept trying to go frame by freame to see what the red message is or whatever, what's the deal?
Basically the first ~25s of the video were meant to be cut from the published video.

The red text is the standard battle expires after 72 hours (in the brutal early days some people would s/l an event boss and need so many attempts that they end up clearing it after the event was over thanks to this) in the case of the game over screen it the start is from when they were defeated (the server gets updated then so if you try to S/L once you are defeated it is too late).

friz898

I've had trouble with the Jumpstart, but I haven't given it my full attention on any of my 4 tries. Like I was in a parking lot for one, another was this morning hurriedly before being gone for the day.

My problem hasn't been damage output (although for OSB, what I have is WoL holy and Sephiroth Fire)

Holy and Fire are my two best teams, so I just need to figure out what works.

My main problem is that I haven't been counting turns, and somehow I seem to get stuck with confuse and sleep no matter what. Two of you said to turn it into demon form immediately and I guess I will try that method. I thought about making a holy team, but I'm not sure I would have enough damage to get the job done.

I havent tried the regular d220 yet.

Falk

that puzzling face
Every few months we have this discussion about how FFRK is an unfocused mess with a bunch of FOTM features tacked on top of one another.

Now that we're a couple of weeks into Legend Materia, I have to say I take back what I said about this particular system. It's the first one in a while that organically adds on to an existing system, injects meaningful choices into who to focus on as an "A-Team" again, and differentiates character/job archetypes into more individual/personalized functionality.

It's a far cry from the 'omg legend materia r gacha wtf dena' kneejerk reactions when the system was unveiled for JP half a year ago.

I mean, yeah, there are some really good Legend Materia that are locked away behind gacha RNG but many characters have really, really good default ones, which is a completely different thing than having vs not having a particular BSB or OSB.

ZangBa

I like Legend Materia, but I think I'd rather have them be acquired from something gameplay related or at least pulled from a seperate system rather than injected onto banners and then potentially never seeing some again.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, all I know is I'm not having to rely on RNG to eventually have Agrias be an imperil-holy-bot or Luneth having 3-turn instacast and haste.

Syntsui

I think they devalue the pulls a lot, I agree that having a separate pull system for them would be better. Right now we could pull them for character that we don't even have relics for and they bloat the content of otherwise great banners.

ZangBa

Well, all I know is I'm not having to rely on RNG to eventually have Agrias be an imperil-holy-bot or Luneth having 3-turn instacast and haste.

I mean, I'm totally with you on that. I just feel like they are awkwardly placed on banners full of SB gear and would fit better acquired through another system.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Seriously, what a garbage fight.

I don't get why this game is so tedious sometimes.

Why don't they show the bosses ATB bars? Blrhghghghghghghghgmrgrgrgrgrgrr

Get confused right before the boss changes form and then your stupid idiot party member attacks the boss causing the entire party to be confused? UGHHHH.

jnWake

Damn Chaos and the full party Stop lol. I guess I could avoid it if I used Beatrix's blink but still, that's such bullshit haha.

friz898

Ok, got the Full Throttle Fight.

It really just came down to having Firion's Insta-Holy BSB there at all times.

Plus, I had to learn that Fire Soul Break does not equal fire magic.

My party was:

Firion - Holy/Mblink BSB
Relm - Holy/Last Stand BSB
Locke - Holy/Fire BSB
Alphi - Phoenix, Back up Heals, and 610 buff with radiant Shield.
Tyro - Keepers Tome, along with Multibreak and more back up heals.

As you can see, I didn't have much mitigation, Keepers Tome gave me Prot/Shell for the first half until I had used all three charges up for the blink. Multibreak was my only other layer of mitigation.

Not counting the mblink from Firion and Tyro.

Edit: Now to try Chaos and the regular d220 fight. That's all I have left. I was really happy we got a lot of content last night. I guess tonight is Noctis.

Took me awhile too to beat Chardanook. Your holy dealer only attacks goddess until final stretch. What team are you using or do you like to complain 3 times?

friz898

Ya what is your team. I had Firion on insta-holy standby.

Once I got that down, I was never confused or slept. Jarring blow for Evil Form confusion landed but it was quickly rectified with Ultra Cure or Esuna.

If you have radiant shield, it helps a lot.

Sometimes Relm's BSB or Locke's Holy/Fire BSB commands would land on goddess form, but Firion was always ready.

I RW'ed Terra OSB which is something I never do on hard fights. But it hit for 76k x2 as long as I used my Fire RM character to cast it. Otherwise it hit for 36k.

Edit: Also my team had 610 buff from Alphi.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Took me awhile too to beat Chardanook. Your holy dealer only attacks goddess until final stretch. What team are you using or do you like to complain 3 times?
I'm using Orlandeau and Milifina as my Holy DPS, Onion for Vessel, Tyro for Wall, and Vanille for heal.

Can't do shit if you get hit by the confuse right before the form change. What's really stupid is that even if your character that was confused was in burst mode, their attack reverts back to a normal attack instead of the holy attack command that your characters have active.

Also maybe I've been careful with games, but I've never felt this amount of RNG trash in a long time. :p

Top Bottom