• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT4| Overwatch is filled with cheaters

Divius

cool guys
image.php
xansf6ar1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it possible to enable war game rules in regular games? Donkey's years ago, a mate and I invented a drinking game designed around GunGame and throwing "headshots only" into the mix could be fun.

Hixx

i nearly rage quit when mayhem dropped the bomb on a pistol rush on inferno and got me killed

then did the same thing on cache

TRIGGERED

Zeneric

Logged at 150 hours of CS GO and I'm still horrible at it (Silver III-IV rank). Been playing CS GO on and off since a year - two ago. I was kinda decent (still bad tho) when I was playing CS GO every day for a few weeks. I came back to CS GO today after months of no CS GO and, of course, my ass was kicked. Any tips, useful guides, or something I should know to improve my bad CS GO skill? Or should I not bother to anymore and banish CS GO from my existence?

150 hours is nothing.

As for stuff to know, keep your crosshair at head level. The problem most players have is they aim at the floor or some other random spot. Another tip is value your life. No need to always rush. If you have low health you're still so much more useful alive so don't take every duel and know when it's the right time to fall back.

Everything else you have to learn through playing. Knowing the common ways people play each map and figuring out how to counter that.

baby

Logged at 150 hours of CS GO and I'm still horrible at it (Silver III-IV rank). Been playing CS GO on and off since a year - two ago. I was kinda decent (still bad tho) when I was playing CS GO every day for a few weeks. I came back to CS GO today after months of no CS GO and, of course, my ass was kicked. Any tips, useful guides, or something I should know to improve my bad CS GO skill? Or should I not bother to anymore and banish CS GO from my existence?

very very few get good at this game fast, i have 3.5k hours in this iteration of cs and im still barely above what i think is average

adren has really good tutorials as does steel, but i think they might be a little hard to find now because of the amount of yt content streamers put out now

Zeneric

The biggest problem I have with CS GO is I tend to panic when I duel someone that I end up spraying bullets (you're supposed to shoot a few bullets every sec - 2 to keep recoil low and accuracy high in CS GO, depending on weapons). I usually have an anxiety issue with online games I tend to mess up. Just for VS mode tho. I'm fine with co-op mode.

MayMay

Banned
All that just comes with experience, you gotta play more and get a feel for everything. And once you have that down you'll probably still panic sometimes but not as bad. Once you stop thinking about shit like spraying, tapping etc. and it all just comes natural depending on the situation you're good to go.

Edit: Gotta get that gamesense. Put yourself into an advantage in 1v1s, and when you have the advantage it's a lot easier not to freak out and do dumb shit.

baby

basically what mayhem said. a few years ago id get a huge adrenaline rush from being in a clutch situation and it would fuck me up

nowadays thats literally all gone. no part of the game has the same intensity as before

The biggest problem I have with CS GO is I tend to panic when I duel someone that I end up spraying bullets (you're supposed to shoot a few bullets every sec - 2 to keep recoil low and accuracy high in CS GO, depending on weapons). I usually have an anxiety issue with online games I tend to mess up. Just for VS mode tho. I'm fine with co-op mode.

Because playing against another human is different than playing vs a bot. Are you referring to clutch situations or just anytime you're in a duel with someone? If it's the former that's understandable, if it's the latter then there's not much we can say to help you.

It also doesn't help that people love to backseat game, so I suggest setting up a voice_enable bind so that whenever you're the last one left you can disable chat. Nothing worse than being in a 1v2 and two assholes shouting where they think someone might be.

The Intel Grand Slam

To add further value and excitement to the pro gaming community, we’re also thrilled to reveal the all new Intel Grand Slam for CS:GO, an additional $1,000,000 prize awarded to the first team that can win four out of the last ten $200,000 events held between DreamHack and ESL. The first of such events were the ESL Pro League Season 5 Finals last weekend, which marked the start of the race to the first ever Intel Grand Slam. G2 Esports now have one victory under their belt and lead the charge for the new jackpot.

However, there is also an enticing $100,000 prize for any team that can put a stop to any potential Intel Grand Slam winner. Should a team with three eligible trophies be defeated in the important, fourth Grand Final which could grant them the Intel Grand Slam title, the opposing team will be rewarded with $100,000, as long as they themselves aren’t on the verge of winning the Intel Grand Slam title.

Once an Intel Grand Slam winner has been crowned, each team’s trophy count will be reset to zero and the hunt will start all over again.

This sounds really neat

Trojka

Neo Member

Try to work on your crosshair placement, learn the height of player models so that you know where the head of a player is even before he comes around a corner. And when he appears you have the upperhand and will probably kill the other player in the first 2-3 shots even if you spray.

Hixx

The new x-ray they added for overwatch being turned on in observer mode is the fucking worst.

Streams are so ugly that if someone isn't moving, there's a good chance you can't see their x-ray outline.

Top Bottom