• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2017 (Apr. 27-29) |OT| The Busts of Tomorrow...Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrikan

Thats who I want. Screw Davis.

I'd be happy with either, but Davis could be the closest to T.O. in a long time. IMO.

He has legit second gear breakaway speed for a big man...as does my other favorite, Dalvin Cook. Not just a nice 40 time like many...but on the field.

If the 9ers could get both Davis and Cook. (by trading down and then up) *drools*

finally legit home run hitters from both WR and RB.

The prop bet line on where McCaffrey will be taken is now O/U 8.5 (th pick)

Looks like everyone's starting to take the McCaffrey to the Panthers hype seriously.

Hindl

"He's got a big arm" is the most useless attribute constantly espoused during draft evaluation.I can't believe teams are still drafting players based on that flimsy reasoning.

Seriously. A big arm doesn't mean shit if you don't have the accuracy to go along with it. I guess every coach thinks they can be the guy to fix these kids mechanics

MechDX

Greg Gabriel‏ @greggabe 2h2 hours ago
More
From my conversations last night, expect the unexpected in top 6 come Thursday night

giphy.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
Anyone recommend any draft podcasts I can mow down at work the next few days?

Whilst very Cowboys centric, I really like The Draft Show. They'll be covering live all three days and they touch on everything.

Trust The Tape is good.

ESPN First Draft.
Rotoworld Football Podcast.

LJ11

First person from NFL GAF to have a poaitive opinion of Kizer. Outside of here I have seen a few and they all say he will turn out to be the best QB in this draft
He was shit last year, but I hate his head coach. Guy played good ball in 2015. Worth taking a risk on, his ceiling is probably higher than most, but needs work with his accuracy. I'm not sure if you can fix it but I'm taking the risk because he can push the ball down field, buys time in the pocket, stares down the barrel when he's about to get popped and is a pretty good athlete.

Hindl

He was shit last year, but I hate his head coach. Guy played good ball in 2015. Worth taking a risk on, his ceiling is probably higher than most, but needs work with his accuracy. I'm not sure if you can fix it but I'm taking the risk because he can push the ball down field, buys time in the pocket, stares down the barrel when he's about to get popped and is a pretty good athlete.

He should go somewhere like Arizona where he can sit and develop for a bit. He's got some upside but can't really start now, whereas the other guys could conceivably start this year (although they probably won't do very well)

LJ11

He should go somewhere like Arizona where he can sit and develop for a bit. He's got some upside but can't really start now, whereas the other guys could conceivably start this year (although they probably won't do very well)

Yeah, you hear a lot about him to Zona, but I'm not sure he can sit and wait because Carson is doodoo and they still probably believe they can go far with their current squad, fans will push for him if Carson goes on another Int spree. I'm out of the loop on Zona though. I took a long break this offseason, so didn't follow much, just the Bills usual fuck ups.

BigAT

Googled Kizer to read up about him a bit, thought this headline was pretty funny regardless of accuracy.

Unnamed scout: DeShone Kizer is a 'pure millennial' who lacks focus

MechDX

Yeah I was shocked when Kelly just basically took a giant shit on him. Seeing some last minute mocks connecting him to O'Brien and Houston. OB and Kelly go way back and the idea of reuniting Kizer with Fuller and Nick Martin is fascinating

LifEndz

Hopefully the AP signing means the Saints won't take McCaffrey. Defense, Defense and more Defense...even if we have to kick Sean Payton out the room.

LJ11

One guy I'm scared of is OJ Howard. I know the guy can run block, but man, how the hell does a guy with physical traits like him not get the ball more at Bama. Can't get over his production, reminds me of another over hyped TE from a few years back. Everyone brings up his size, but did this dude body DB/LBs in college, or just run away from them? It's mostly the later, which isn't a bad thing, but I've rarely seen this dude go up and make the tough catches in traffic. I don't know what to make of it, tough eval but I'm a layman who sits on his couch.

MechDX

Hindl

One guy I'm scared of is OJ Howard. I know the guy can run block, but man, how the hell does a guy with physical traits like him not get the ball more at Bama. Can't get over his production, reminds me of another over hyped TE from a few years back. Everyone brings up his size, but did this dude body DB/LBs in college, or just run away from them? It's the former, which isn't a bad thing, but I've rarely seen this dude go up and make the tough catches in traffic. I don't know what to make of it, tough eval but I'm a layman who sits on his couch.

It is weird, but Bama is just committed to the run. There's a chance Howard busts, but I think his two championship games against Clemson were telling. That defense is no joke, and Howard absolutely torched them when he was given the ball, and that was in the highest pressure situation you can get in CFB. His production is concerning, but when he was actually used as a receiver he was impressive

Bronx-Man

Banned
It kinda sucks that the Raiders are good now because now I can't post the pic of the all the drafts they botched over the years.

Soroc

It kinda sucks that the Raiders are good now because now I can't post the pic of the all the drafts they botched over the years.

Thats why we have the Jets and Browns friend, I'm more nervous about this draft then any in recent memory, so much pressure on the Jets to hit some draft picks this year.

BigAT

sanchez-draft-o.gif

I'm ready

These two are the real heroes. It's easy to forget now, but there was actually quite a lot of hype for trading up to get Sanchez among Jets fans when he got drafted. Give those guys credit for not buying in and being informed enough to know what the Jets had actually gotten.

I'm pretty confident the Lions are gonna go defensive line or linebacker with their first pick. I'd be stoked for Taco Charlton or Reuben Foster.

This first round tight end talk has me worried though. quinn, pls

i just want to say im really excited for the draft but shutting down the parkway, as cool as itll look, is DESTROYING my commute in the morning.

Tripon

Hopefully the AP signing means the Saints won't take McCaffrey. Defense, Defense and more Defense...even if we have to kick Sean Payton out the room.
Maybe the Saints should put a bounty on draftees. That worked out well the last time.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm going to write up some stuff for the 2017 draft, but first I wanted to look back at the Steelers' 2016 draft.

Pittsburgh had 8 draft picks last year. They didn't have a fifth, but two sixths and two sevenths. One of those picks ended up on injured reserve. All seven of the others ended the season on an active NFL roster. I certainly don't remember the Steelers ever getting a contributor with every single pick and I'm guessing it's pretty damn rare around the league. Probably GM Kevin Colbert's best draft ever. The top three picks all ended up as starters on the defense. They might not have picked any hall of famers, but still an amazing draft class.

JABEE

I still don't understand what happened with La'el Collins.

How do you drop out of the first round without even being accused of anything?

How do you strong-arm the league into not drafting your player in later rounds so the Cowboys can sign you as a free agent?

It doesn't make sense. I don't know why a team didn't just draft him in the 6th or 7th and force him to play. You own his rights and if he wants to sit out and torpedo his NFL career, so be it. It was just a 7th round pick.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm pretty confident the Lions are gonna go defensive line or linebacker with their first pick. I'd be stoked for Taco Charlton or Reuben Foster.

This first round tight end talk has me worried though. quinn, pls

I've heard a lot of people say the Miami TE Njoku to the Lions. Which even they say doesn't seem like an express need but they've heard it a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom