• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Fincher nears deal to direct 'World War Z 2'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Via THR

After previously taking the film off its calendar, Paramount Pictures looks to be moving forward with a “World War Z” sequel, with David Fincher directing and Brad Pitt back to star, thanks to the studio’s new chairman and CEO Jim Gianopulos, according to knowledgeable sources.

While Gianopulos has not officially official greenlit the movie yet, he is expected to do so in coming weeks. This will likely be among the studio chief’s first greenlit movies. Sources say that production would probably begin in the first quarter of 2018.

Dead

well not really...yet
I wanna ask why the fuck Fincher is wasting his time with this, but then I wonder what the fuck could be so appealing about the project to Fincher for him to consider it.

Im wagering there wont be a "2" in the movie's title :p

Is this unexpected? It seems so. That's nuts.

I know this won't be it, but I've always wanted a Fincher horror film (that's not Aliens 3).

If Brad's character catches a modified shovel-axe to the face in the first 5 minutes and it turns into a retelling of the actual novel, count me in.

Ridley327

This would be a massive step up from Marc Forster, but one hopes that this plays out better for Fincher than the last time he had the reins on a blockbuster horror sequel.

gforguava

This is pretty exciting because there is no way Fincher would sign on unless he gets absolute creative control of it. A big budget Fincher zombie film will be quite the sight.

Anung

Un Rama
They need give the film a darker edge. For a zombie apocalypse movie the first one had no bite.

World War Z itself would be way better as a HBO show.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Surprising choice. It's hard to go wrong with Fincher. I'm expecting a totally different movie than the first one now.

I wanna ask why the fuck Fincher is wasting his time with this, but then I wonder what the fuck could be so appealing about the project to Fincher for him to consider it.

Yeah

Disappointing waste of his time but if he's given space for this it could be an incredible zombie movie

shira

Z World Z War

Beeks

All I want.

Really what I want is an HBO series that is like Band of Brothers but based on the book.

I always said I wanted Ken Burns to make a PBS-style mockumentary series that takes the source material deadly serious. Basically a video version of the audiobook which is basically a radio-play.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I liked the book, but I don't know how well it would adapt into a film unless maybe you focus on just a few of the vignettes. Otherwise it's too busy and seemingly-random for a 2-hour movie format.

Pick the three best stories and have brad show up to give and finally receive help and advice and a submarine

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
pls stop fishierr plsnoo

It's crazy how long they've been trying to get some to direct this. I'm pretty sure this was posted early last year.

Hopefully if Fincher does direct it, the film is less of a watered down PG-13 zombie flick, and tries to be more like the book.

I'm still not pleased with him directing the sequel just cause he's best buds with Brad, though. Sign!

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I always said I wanted Ken Burns to make a PBS-style mockumentary series that takes the source material deadly serious. Basically a video version of the audiobook which is basically a radio-play.
Nah, I want reenactments of the events not just still images and voice over. Though I do want snippets of interviewer and interview-e.

David Fincher needs to do some explaining. I ain't wait 4+ years for this guy to just do a sequel to fucking War World Z smh. This some bullshit.

I'm only forgiving him for this mess if it turns out to be the best zombie movie of all time

Pick the three best stories and have brad show up to give and finally receive help and advice and a submarine

Not that they'll do a straight adaptation of any of the book content for this project(seriously let it go folks), but the Yonkers path (with the character voiced by Mark Hamill in the audio book) would suit the sequel well otherwise.

I wonder if they'll attempt to revive the Matthew Fox character at all. Hope not, but aside from a ship outbreak there's not much to tie the family into things.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Not that they'll do a straight adaptation of any of the book content for this project(seriously let it go folks), but the Yonkers path (with the character voiced by Mark Hamill in the audio book) would suit the sequel well otherwise.

I wonder if they'll attempt to revive the Matthew Fox character at all. Hope not, but aside from a ship outbreak there's not much to tie the family into things.

As long as they make all the Chinese characters blond it's sure to succeed.

I'll never object to a director with a unique vision taking on mainstream movies and doing something with them. It might feel like Fincher's wasting his talents on this right now, but on the other hand this could be an incredible take on the zombie movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom