• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront has hit the EA Access vault

LNBL

Xbox one version here

Was suppossed to be added tomorrow, but after seeing some tweets of people saying they are able to download it, I checked it out myself. The hours remaining notiication upon booting it on the Xbox is now gone for me and I'm already playing my first game.

Photo taken from twitter :

CzgfVQaXEAAQiBv.jpg

Also on Origin access for PC.

DJ_Lae

Neat. I still have it installed from the 10 hour trial so now I can go back to it without worrying about running out of time.

WadeitOut

So basically you have a big list of games you can play for a month for the cost of keeping a game on Red Box for two nights.

LNBL

So basically you have a big list of games you can play for a month for the cost of keeping a game on Red Box for two nights.

Yup and if i'm correct this is the 39th game in the vault and that number will keep growing, amazing value here imo

Wil348

I already own the PS4 version but I'll give this a go when I get my XB1 next weekend. I'm thinking about getting the XB1 version of Ultimate Edition but I want to see how big of a downgrade it is from PS4 first.

I just bought this last night at 10:48PM since I noticed it had finally dropped to $40 CAD, $35 with EA Access. A buddy was playing so I impulse bought it but then couldn't play because Live was having issues. Now its $20 CAD, dang it!

Anyone know if there is a price matching policy on Live if the price drops in a certain window after you buy something?
I'm 99.99999% sure there isn't, haha.

Edit: Time to go give my overly expensive purchase a try, haha.

Flux

I just bought this last night at 10:48PM since I noticed it had finally dropped to $40 CAD, $35 with EA Access. A buddy was playing so I impulse bought it but then couldn't play because Live was having issues. Now its $20 CAD, dang it!

Anyone know if there is a price matching policy on Live if the price drops in a certain window after you buy something?
I'm 99.99999% sure there isn't, haha.

Edit: Time to go give my overly expensive purchase a try, haha.
There isn't an official price matching policy. Only way to get the difference is to dispute the charge and rebuy it, or contact customer service to try to get the lower price. Idk about you, but I don't like spending the time arguing over a couple dollars.

I REALLY do not understand how Sony is not being raked through the coals over EA Access. It's one of the worst things they've done this generation

Great deal

There isn't an official price matching policy. Only way to get the difference is to dispute the charge and rebuy it, or contact customer service to try to get the lower price. Idk about you, but I don't like spending the time arguing over a couple dollars.

I didn't think so, thanks for the reply. Yeah its not worth the time/potential flag on my account. I'm just a bit sour, haha.

Dranakin

The whole point is that they're trying to sell you the DLC by giving you the base game for free. It's a smart tactic, especially with the Rogue One DLC now available.

It's not free, since you have to pay for the subscription service. I understand that BF Hardline and BF4 offer all the DLC.

RexNovis

Banned
I REALLY do not understand how Sony is not being raked through the coals over EA Access. It's one of the worst things they've done this generation

Great deal

When looking at EA Access specifically in a vacuum yes its a great deal but when you think about what it would mean if such services were allowed for other publishers and what sort of shift that would mean for the industry it suddenly becomes not so cut and dry. While I'm happy that the people who want and are using the program are enjoying it as someone who isn't really fond of the idea of subscription based gaming platforms I am selfishly a a bit glad that there is some pushback to the idea. But, like I said, I realize thats a bit selfish on my part.

c0de

When looking at EA Access specifically in a vacuum yes its a great deal but when you think about what it would mean if such services were allowed for other publishers and what sort of shift that would mean for the industry it suddenly becomes not so cut and dry. While I'm happy that the people who want and are using the program are enjoying it as someone who isn't really fond of the idea of subscription based gaming platforms I am selfishly a a bit glad that there is some pushback to the idea. But, like I said, I realize thats a bit selfish on my part.

Other publishers don't have the same catalog as ea. Also, let the market decide what is wanted and needed instead of imagining what could perhaps happen.
Add to that, the endgame of games as a rental service or games in general is already in Sony's hands: it's called psnow.

Other publishers don't have the same catalog as ea. Also, let the market decide what is wanted and needed instead of imagining what could perhaps happen.
Add to that, the endgame of games as a rental service or games in general is already in Sony's hands: it's called psnow.
I wouldn't mind if Ubi, Activision or Bethesda gave it a go. Presuming £20 for each, £80 a year for their current gen catalogue is a steal.

They phoned it in for Rogue One and Death Star DLC. The Death Star is really bad becuase the corridors are too narrow you you get blasted with random fire and grenades constantly. The first phase in space is very disappointing as well. It just seems like Fighter Squadron all over again. The only good thing I like about that this DLC is the trench run. It makes you sweat bullets doing that phase with Tie Fighters chasing you down all the while you are trying to avoid crashing into something.

Rogue One is disappointing because the maps arent too good to begin with. The bushes in it SUCK. You constantly get stuck and are always at the mercy of the environment.

Bespin and Outer Rim in contrast are amazing. Extraction and Sabotage are some of the best modes I have played.

We already have subscriptions using online play as a prerequisite, this feels much more as a choice.

But Sony didn't reject it for the reason above. They did it so there would be no competition for PS Now.

Top Bottom