• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Tusk

Realized I didn't miss all of it, and only about half. The rest was pretty fun to watch even if not much new was shown.
Kinda wish they had announced like a new version of the D-Scanner right at the end or something.

Watched it half asleep. -.-

New Digimon for Hacker's Memory that I think my tired brain saw:
- Sangloupmon
- Chaosdramon
- Coredramon(Green)

All those sealed V-Pets and Digivices are worth a fortune these days lol.

Yup, Digimon having a bit of a resurgence really pushed those up.

Watched it half asleep. -.-

New Digimon for Hacker's Memory that I think my tired brain saw:
- Sangloupmon
- Chaosdramon
- Coredramon(Green)

We've seen Sangloupmon back when the website first went up. But I thought it was cool to see Chaosdramon.

Didn't notice Coredramon(Green), but that's cool. It'd be awesome if they put both Dracomon lines in the game.

They basically added full Dragomon line hidden in Linkz models so if Coredramon Green is there, I'm pretty we can except Dragomon, Coredramon Blue as well as remaining ultimates and megas in Hackers Memory.

I do wonder if they'll retcon Examon into Ultra, as it is fusion of Breakdramon and Slayerdramon.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Just pre-ordered the Ladydevimon GEM. I prefer getting the figures off Crunchyroll's Store, but she never made it up and it's been a few weeks. Being exclusive and all, I didn't know if she would even make it up, and with the 20th anniversary event, just got her off BiJ before she sold out.

We've seen Sangloupmon back when the website first went up. But I thought it was cool to see Chaosdramon.

Didn't notice Coredramon(Green), but that's cool. It'd be awesome if they put both Dracomon lines in the game.

Ah yeah, that's right, I shouldn't make lists when I'm tired.

I need to double-check Coredramon when a video pops up. Everyone's surprise has me second guessing myself, lol. The Dracomon dual line is in Linkz now, right? It wouldn't surprise me if we got all of them.

Edit:
They basically added full Dragomon line hidden in Linkz models so if Coredramon Green is there, I'm pretty we can except Dragomon, Coredramon Blue as well as remaining ultimates and megas in Hackers Memory.

I do wonder if they'll retcon Examon into Ultra, as it is fusion of Breakdramon and Slayerdramon.

Okay, good. I'm not going crazy

Another new fusion was confirmed for the V-Pet earlier, too. GraceNovamon. Dianamon plus Apollomon fusion.

And yeah, I checked back through the video once there was an upload and saw Coredramon this time.

Look what came today!
AIfEPCC.jpg

Agumon tested and approved.
Can't wait for real life obligations to kill my Digimon. :D

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Agumon tested and approved.

Is the Agumon from those blind boxes? I got one for fun, and out of all of the ones I was hoping to get, I ended up with the secret rare Greymon :x Did not expect! Not bad quality either, for little plush!

I also just watched Appmon ep 38, which is killing a bunch of my theories :p

One theory I had was that when inserting yourself into the Appli Drive Duo,
was that it took away a part of your life. It was an idea I had for maybe why Yuujin got his question. Well, now that they all get the Duos, it's time to scrap that idea! But now we find out that Leviathan won't kill Yuujin for some reason... More questions raised.
Now I wonder if he's also part of Minerva? I still think that Knight might be Hajime,
though.

Is the Agumon from those blind boxes? I got one for fun, and out of all of the ones I was hoping to get, I ended up with the secret rare Greymon :x Did not expect! Not bad quality either, for little plush!

Yeah. Saw one, bought one, got Agumon. I wasn't aiming for him, but he's pretty cute, so I can't complain. I like whatever the material is, it's really soft.

I also just watched Appmon ep 38, which is killing a bunch of my theories :p

One theory I had was that when inserting yourself into the Appli Drive Duo,
was that it took away a part of your life. It was an idea I had for maybe why Yuujin got his question. Well, now that they all get the Duos, it's time to scrap that idea! But now we find out that Leviathan won't kill Yuujin for some reason... More questions raised.
Now I wonder if he's also part of Minerva? I still think that Knight might be Hajime,
though.

I have no idea
where they are going with Yuujin. It's actually kind of interesting. I expected some sort of confrontation at this point, but they went for dude in distress instead.

Yeah. Saw one, bought one, got Agumon. I wasn't aiming for him, but he's pretty cute, so I can't complain. I like whatever the material is, it's really soft.

I have no idea
where they are going with Yuujin. It's actually kind of interesting. I expected some sort of confrontation at this point, but they went for dude in distress instead.

I'm interested in seeing exactly how things with Yuujin come out whenever that finally happens. And to find out exactly what the deal is with his "mom".

1upsuper

I'm about to order one of the new V-pets, but I just have one more question. Sorry! Am I gonna miss out on much if I only get one, or should I really go for two? I don't know how much this new version locks content behind IR stuff.

I'm about to order one of the new V-pets, but I just have one more question. Sorry! Am I gonna miss out on much if I only get one, or should I really go for two? I don't know how much this new version locks content behind IR stuff.

Getting DORUmon requires having two V-Pets (one from the sold out first wave and one from the second wave that has pre-orders out now), but aside from that I think just having one would be fine for everything else.

I'm interested in seeing exactly how things with Yuujin come out whenever that finally happens. And to find out exactly what the deal is with his "mom".

That thing in your second sentence is what adds another level of "interesting" for sure. This last arc is really trying to make up for that long stretch of "filler".

Having two would give you physical battles between them (you can still battle without connecting to another V-pet) and you can copy over Digimon to use in in-game tag battles. There is also a special feature where if you connect an original color V-pet with a new color, you'll get a special Dorumon -> Alphamon egg. You can get Dorumon and Alphamon anyway, so it's not too big a deal.

Thank you both!

I should correct myself. Kuwabara is right. Dorumon and Alphamon are not available outside of joining the original and new color V-pets. Info is a bit confusing right now since people have pictures of exclusive Digimon in the original color versions, but they're unplayable enemy Digimon.

I have to wonder what the point of a Alphamon color V-pet is, if you can't get one in it.

1upsuper

I should correct myself. Kuwabara is right. Dorumon and Alphamon are not available outside of joining the original and new color V-pets. Info is a bit confusing right now since people have pictures of exclusive Digimon in the original color versions, but they're unplayable enemy Digimon.

I have to wonder what the point of a Alphamon color V-pet is, if you can't get one in it.

Alphamon not being normally available in his own V-pet seems bizarre.

So I just watched new gameplay of Hackers Memory and it actually looks like they improved animations on Cyberdramon's special attack. So presumably other attack animations are possibly changed as well.

Trailer for the English dub of Tri: Determination is up.

The V-pets sold out in 24 hours... geez. Maybe the shikishi boards made them more limited? Hope everyone who wanted one got a preorder in. If not, hopefully they'll do another round like they did with the original colors.

Update Edit: The V-pets are back up without the shikishi boards.

Alphamon not being normally available in his own V-pet seems bizarre.

No kidding. I like Lunamon, but Alphamon being the exclusive for that V-pet would be a better choice, no? Or they could have just made the Dorumon line an exclusive to the new color V-pets that the original colors could only get by connecting. Just seems a bit crappy to make people have to find a sold-out item to get the Digimon their V-pet represents.

Ahh ffs. I wanted a complete set, didn't even know about the boards(but now I want them) . I've been ill so I thought I'd preorder a day or two later since the end date is the end of June. What a bummer.
They've relisted the v-pets without the boards btw.
If anyone ends up not wanting any of the new v-pets(with boards or doesn't care about know) let me know, I have a friend In Japan and I'm in the UK.
I can also trade for some stuff from the tri pop-up shops.

I dunno how to feel about Meicoomons mega, her ultimate form was pretty boring and this one looks OK but just has an additional random element on top, a lot of digimon do the random thing on top, but not partner digimon. They're normally more refined. I dunno how to describe it accurately but she doesn't seem well designed.

Does hackers memory have a confirmed number of new digimon?
Im hoping season 4 gets more representation this time.

1upsuper

Trailer for the English dub of Tri: Determination is up.

The V-pets sold out in 24 hours... geez. Maybe the shikishi boards made them more limited? Hope everyone who wanted one got a preorder in. If not, hopefully they'll do another round like they did with the original colors.

Update Edit: The V-pets are back up without the shikishi boards.

No kidding. I like Lunamon, but Alphamon being the exclusive for that V-pet would be a better choice, no? Or they could have just made the Dorumon line an exclusive to the new color V-pets that the original colors could only get by connecting. Just seems a bit crappy to make people have to find a sold-out item to get the Digimon their V-pet represents.

Ahh ffs. I wanted a complete set, didn't even know about the boards(but now I want them) . I've been ill so I thought I'd preorder a day or two later since the end date is the end of June. What a bummer.
They've relisted the v-pets without the boards btw.
If anyone ends up not wanting any of the new v-pets(with boards or doesn't care about know) let me know, I have a friend In Japan and I'm in the UK.
I can also trade for some stuff from the tri pop-up shops.

I dunno how to feel about Meicoomons mega, her ultimate form was pretty boring and this one looks OK but just has an additional random element on top, a lot of digimon do the random thing on top, but not partner digimon. They're normally more refined. I dunno how to describe it accurately but she doesn't seem well designed.

Does hackers memory have a confirmed number of new digimon?
Im hoping season 4 gets more representation this time.

I have no idea what a shikishi board is. Some sort of...stationery thing? I wasn't able to get my pre-orders in until now. Am I actually missing something awesome?

I have no idea what a shikishi board is. Some sort of...stationery thing? I wasn't able to get my pre-orders in until now. Am I actually missing something awesome?
I'm getting all 3 v-pets so I want a complete board for the art & complete design/set. I don't think they're awesome or something to miss out on, I'd pay like 1000 yen more for them though since the art is unique.

It's 73 or 71 new Digimon. I can't remember if they include the Western exclusive Digimon from Cyber Sleuth in the number.

Thanks, sucks they're including recolours again.

It's basically paper with a hard board backing. The initial preorders had art on a shikishi board done by Kenji Watanabe, who is a longtime Digimon designer. It was in a triptych format, where if you bought all three V-pets, it completed a picture. These sorts of extras can sometimes be hard to get through intermediaries, so I didn't mention it.

1upsuper

Ah, ok. Thank you. It's cool, but nothing I can't live without. Only getting two versions anyway.

Edit: From Japan canceled my orders, and I don't know why. I'm pretty sure I did everything right. :(

Edit 2: Tried again with a slight variation. They rejected one but approved the other. I don't even.

Ah, ok. Thank you. It's cool, but nothing I can't live without. Only getting two versions anyway.

Edit: From Japan canceled my orders, and I don't know why. I'm pretty sure I did everything right. :(

Edit 2: Tried again with a slight variation. They rejected one but approved the other. I don't even.

Probably saw original page was oos and rejected it.

Tusk

On that d-1 grand prix page, I tried registering my Metal Greymon and Skull Greymon, but the passwords wont work. Registered everything before them just fine. So, I guess they didn't make the passwords as randomized as they could have and someone got the same password as me or something. Only explanation I can think of.

Are you using the new page they put up without the shikishi board? I think GetDigitized is right and they are confused about the out of stock version.

On that d-1 grand prix page, I tried registering my Metal Greymon and Skull Greymon, but the passwords wont work. Registered everything before them just fine. So, I guess they didn't make the passwords as randomized as they could have and someone got the same password as me or something. Only explanation I can think of.

Huh, that's weird. I did think the passwords looked a little too simple, and it's not like a four character name would be unique enough for tons of variation.

Speaking of that site, Gizamon and Piyomon can suck it! (I will probably be bored with this website by tomorrow, but today it is just interesting enough.)

Tusk

Are you using the new page they put up without the shikishi board? I think GetDigitized is right and they are confused about the out of stock version.

Huh, that's weird. I did think the passwords looked a little too simple, and it's not like a four character name would be unique enough for tons of variation.

Speaking of that site, Gizamon and Piyomon can suck it! (I will probably be bored with this website by tomorrow, but today it is just interesting enough.)

I mostly wanna play against real people which I think is happening next month. Tempted to just reset my vpet and get new passwords or something.

Also, is putting in a name required? I could've sworn I registered my Digimon while leaving that blank.

I mostly wanna play against real people which I think is happening next month. Tempted to just reset my vpet and get new passwords or something.

Also, is putting in a name required? I could've sworn I registered my Digimon while leaving that blank.

I thought it was. I've put it in everytime.

Mine aren't coming until Mid July T_T , for some reason I'm getting DW1 esque nostalgic, dispite never having played one of the v-pets. I would've preferred them over the digivices and having to rattle them constantly(at least it encouraged me to excercise).

1upsuper

I did indeed use the page without the shikishi board. I'm just gonna go with the Zubamon they approved and call it good. Still, it's weird how finicky they were, given that I used the exact same format for two orders and they only accepted one.

Mine aren't coming until Mid July T_T , for some reason I'm getting DW1 esque nostalgic, dispite never having played one of the v-pets. I would've preferred them over the digivices and having to rattle them constantly(at least it encouraged me to excercise).

I liked the D-3 Digivice I had when I was younger and played with it all the time. I never actually used it as a pedometer though. My brother and I came up with the best methods to shake them, lol. I feel like part of the fun is having your own Digivice with the Digimon from the show.

But yeah, I think the V-pet is just a better product as a whole, which makes sense, given that's what Digimon started out as. It feels like there's a lot more to do with them and the 20th Anniversary version adding all the old versions together with new features makes it even better. Crazy how reasonably priced it is compared to the anniversary Digivices.

I did indeed use the page without the shikishi board. I'm just gonna go with the Zubamon they approved and call it good. Still, it's weird how finicky they were, given that I used the exact same format for two orders and they only accepted one.

These sorts of things are why I hope the art book isn't exclusive. It's such a hassle.

Glad you got an order in. Ignoring Digimon preferences, the Zubamon color is the best imo. The gold on black looks great.

1upsuper

Definitely! The gold looks great. Thanks again for all your help. I'm really glad I got one. I've been a fan of virtual pets for years and years.

^^ It's no problem. :D

So I just realized the D-1 website allows us to get high-quality colored sprite images.
sSpdMRA.png
97vLqsV.png

I now have crazy motivation to raise/fight all the Digimon I can, though I'm sure someone will figure out how to get the rest of the sprites through the filename.

Tusk

Welp, I feel silly. Realized the reason I wasn't able to register my Metal and Skull Greymon was because you do need a name, and when I tried mine I was putting mine in wrong, because one of the inputs looked similar to another, and I was scrolling too fast to notice. Took a better look earlier and got it right this time. That's a little embarrassing. I also might have accidentally registered some other persons Digimon. Oops.

I don't know if anyone else cares about this, but I got some other stuff from the website:
- All of these are V-pet sounds besides BGM:
-- BGM
-- Start
-- Step
-- Win
-- Lose
-- Attack
-- Damage

Idle Agumon (I can get most of the Child Digimon, if anyone's interested):
mEfy9aO.gif

I wish I could get the Win/Loss animations.
Mwahahaha! Unfortunately, the site doesn't seem to have the "happy" animation anywhere.
tM0hgp7.gif
9EYCdkz.png

Got a pre-order in for the Alphamon color.

Hopefully my order from the first version can come in relatively soon.

You shall soon join us in the sun.

Welp, I feel silly. Realized the reason I wasn't able to register my Metal and Skull Greymon was because you do need a name, and when I tried mine I was putting mine in wrong, because one of the inputs looked similar to another, and I was scrolling too fast to notice. Took a better look earlier and got it right this time. That's a little embarrassing. I also might have accidentally registered some other persons Digimon. Oops.

I think the first part of the password corresponds to the name to prevent people from copying other's passwords, but I'm not sure.

Tusk

I could've sworn the life span for the 20th vpets was supposed to be 2-days? Unless I'm confusing it. Is it 2-days for baby1-ultimate? Or 2-days for perfect to ultimate? If it's 2 for baby1-ultimate, mine are still alive after 4 and are at perfect still. Dunno if I'm doing it right or wrong with them alive so long.

I could've sworn the life span for the 20th vpets was supposed to be 2-days? Unless I'm confusing it. Is it 2-days for baby1-ultimate? Or 2-days for perfect to ultimate? If it's 2 for baby1-ultimate, mine are still alive after 4 and are at perfect still. Dunno if I'm doing it right or wrong with them alive so long.

They don't age while they sleep, which I think is ~10 hrs a day.

Tusk

They don't age while they sleep, which I think is ~10 hrs a day.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. My Metal Greymon just evolved into Blitz Greymon. No idea what Skull Greymon will evolve into, if he evolves. Doubt I'll be getting Omegamon Alter-S with these two though. Read that I need Metal Mamemon for Cres Garurumon. Hope I did enough battles and stuff to get the special eggs when these two die though. Wanna either do two Dracomon for Examon, or get Zubamon and Hackmon.

Edit: and now Skull Greymon evolved into Skull Mammothmon.

Some random news:
20th Anniversary Pop-up shop items and info

Special San Diego Comic Con items

Tri Stage Play cast in full costume
All from WtW.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. My Metal Greymon just evolved into Blitz Greymon. No idea what Skull Greymon will evolve into, if he evolves. Doubt I'll be getting Omegamon Alter-S with these two though. Read that I need Metal Mamemon for Cres Garurumon. Hope I did enough battles and stuff to get the special eggs when these two die though. Wanna either do two Dracomon for Examon, or get Zubamon and Hackmon.

I will probably go Zubamon and Hackmon first if I can. I feel like I'll mess up with Dracomon and get two Coredramon (Blue) or something, lol.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The Comicon Domez set looks good. $30 versus $6 blind bags, but good luck on it still being MSRP. (Maybe next year I can make it to Comicon finally...)

Tusk

Zubamon turning into his weapon form in the vpet is really neat. Hope his other forms do it too, if they have that going for them.
Here's hoping he can transform into a weapon in an attack in HM too.

Started playing Digimon Rumble Arena 2 (emulator) again. I played the hell out of the first one on PS1 until I lost the disc, but I only rented the 2nd one a few times. The game is basically as I remembered it, which is a bad Smash Bros clone. I'm really disappointed with the roster compared to the first one. There's 2 digivolutions for each character in 2 compared to one in the first one, but no Renamon, Terriermon or Impmon sucks. Also no Wormmon which I think was in the 1st one as well. They added a couple more single Megas and Agunimon (Flamemon -> Agunimon -> BurningGreymon) compared to the first one, but I miss having the other lines. They also added 2 clones with BlackAgumon and BlackGabumon. I am still missing one character so maybe one of the ones I want is them, but I'm guessing it's Imperialdramon Paladin mode who was in the 1st one.

Zubamon turning into his weapon form in the vpet is really neat. Hope his other forms do it too, if they have that going for them.
Here's hoping he can transform into a weapon in an attack in HM too.

Did you get a Zubamon? I figured he'd be the hardest egg to unlock out of the three.

Started playing Digimon Rumble Arena 2 (emulator) again. I played the hell out of the first one on PS1 until I lost the disc, but I only rented the 2nd one a few times. The game is basically as I remembered it, which is a bad Smash Bros clone. I'm really disappointed with the roster compared to the first one. There's 2 digivolutions for each character in 2 compared to one in the first one, but no Renamon, Terriermon or Impmon sucks. Also no Wormmon which I think was in the 1st one as well. They added a couple more single Megas and Agunimon (Flamemon -> Agunimon -> BurningGreymon) compared to the first one, but I miss having the other lines. They also added 2 clones with BlackAgumon and BlackGabumon. I am still missing one character so maybe one of the ones I want is them, but I'm guessing it's Imperialdramon Paladin mode who was in the 1st one.

This reminds me how awful All-Star Rumble was. Those were dark days man. A Digimon fighting game could be done right if enough effort was put into it and All-Star Rumble was the opposite of effort.

I only ever briefly played the Rumble Arena games. All I really remember is how out-of-scale everyone was. I'm surprised Terriermon would be cut out of 2; I always saw him as more popular than Guilmon.

Top Bottom