• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Messi

I just want to collect my Harley figures and be pure but some people (Haloid) are jealous and bully me.

Can other figures fit inside the Hulkbuster? Like say
Harleen Quinzel?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
That Batman prototype is hot but I know better than to preorder MAFEX stuff.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
My 4H store order came in! Currently drooling all over the place. I originally passed on Haloid Scaphoid and Skapular since Haloid got both, but there's no way I could pass on them this time. And, of course, the glorious Stone Troll!

qCjSd1G.jpg
shtoYym.jpg
IJfCXVO.jpg

xhXeLVa.jpg
luAPy0P.jpg
SGJoKFp.jpg

vfccIUc.jpg
YITnekm.jpg
dqjCzkD.jpg

4H PLEASE SO GOOD

My 4H store order came in! Currently drooling all over the place. I originally passed on Haloid Scaphoid and Skapular since Haloid got both, but there's no way I could pass on them this time. And, of course, the glorious Stone Troll!

How much money did they get out of you this time?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Now I really hope that MAFEX can deliver on their Batman 3.0 because I just ordered a 1/12 Batpod for cheap from BBTS and the new Figuarts Batman looks off.

Messi

If it ever releases, I can see it being a three pack. Ready to pay ~$400-500 for a silver suit Joker?

Look any answer here is going to incriminate me...

Add in Gold Dress Harley and make it 700-750 I'll bite.

I'll pay 500 without her

I've continued to add GI Joe figures to my collection. I find myself going for "open but complete" versions of these guys. I'm an opener, anyway. Plus the open versions of the Pursuit of Cobra guys can be way cheaper than the MoC versions. Up first is probably my favorite of the bunch, Pursuit of Cobra Beach Head.

8uc70mZ.jpg

DqEtlD2.jpg

EbSTlT5.jpg

I've always loved this character. When I was deciding what figure to go with, I decided against one of the anniversary updates of his classic look. I still think it's awesome, but the Pursuit of Cobra update is just too awesome to deny. Just a bad ass update of a cool character. All the gear they gave him turned him into a one man army. Love it to death.

Up next is GI Joe Resolute Duke.

Ebv1Uw7.jpg

yDCe4ou.jpg

Even though the Pursuit of Cobra Duke is cool, it's a step too far from his classic look for my linking. I do like the more tactical look of the PoC figures, so I wanted that for Duke. I feel like Resolute is a nice middle ground for him. It's his classic colors, but given a Call of Duty style makeover for the modern world. Plus the Resolute Cartoon is really cool, so it's nice to have that represented on my growing GI Joe shelf.

Next is the Ultimate Cobra Commander.

jrm07n7.jpg

6oTZG5l.jpg

This was a hard one to settle on. There are just so many modern versions of Cobra Commander, and most of them are really well done. I opted for the Ultimate version that came out in the Retaliation wave simply because he comes with two heads. I can have my preferred look (the hooded CC) but switch out for the chrome mask version should I want some variety later on.

Last, but certainly not least, is the Pursuit of Cobra Firefly.

E3zAnDZ.jpg

wVGMtUf.jpg

Another personal favorite (easily in my top five Cobra characters) given a bad ass update in the PoC line. I love all the body armor he comes with. He feels like a legit demolitions expert now. Super intimidating, but still very much Firefly. Couldn't be happier to have went with this version over the 25th edition of the classic look.

There's still maybe another 10 - 12 figures I want, then I'll call it a day on Joe figures. At least, until Hasbro relaunches a Marvel Legends style line.

dankir

Did Hot Toys silently cancel some figures? I can't find a way to preorder a few figures.

Joker (silver suit version)
Eyeball Henchman
Chain chomp Henchman

These guys

They do that a lot, we never got Yellow Jacket, Ultron Sentry, Crossbones, etc.

Even after they showed them at a toy show.

Messi

They do that a lot, we never got Yellow Jacket, Ultron Sentry, Crossbones, etc.

Even after they showed them at a toy show.

Yeah, I guess they do. I am just shocked to see it happen to Joker. The other two I have no idea why they wanted to do those.

I am so jealous.

lol I'm just glad I got it. I was a bit late to the pre-ordering party and bought it from some random on eBay (at least with good feedback) a couple of months ago.

Awesome, lastplayed! Any idea how she looks with Black Series figures?

I only have BS Krennic so can't really say. The Bandai Clone Trooper figure kit I have there is about the same scale/size as BS, so that might give you an idea.

Yeah that BS Vader looks great! Here she is with the Bandai Vader figure kit:

Last, but certainly not least, is the Pursuit of Cobra Firefly.

E3zAnDZ.jpg

wVGMtUf.jpg

Another personal favorite (easily in my top five Cobra characters) given a bad ass update in the PoC line. I love all the body armor he comes with. He feels like a legit demolitions expert now. Super intimidating, but still very much Firefly. Couldn't be happier to have went with this version over the 25th edition of the classic look.

There's still maybe another 10 - 12 figures I want, then I'll call it a day on Joe figures. At least, until Hasbro relaunches a Marvel Legends style line.

Not a huge GI Joe fan but I LOVE the look of that Firefly. Where would I be able to pick one up internationally?

cr0w

Old Member
A ThinkGeek store appeared out of nowhere at my local mall to my surprise, so I scoped it out. Ended up picking up a figure I'd been eyeing online for a while.

kenner-4.jpg

Wish they'd had Superman too, but they were out. I loved that line as a kid, so these releases were super nostalgic.

Also went by Toys R Us and picked up the new Final Chapter Jason.

NECAUltimate4_header.jpg

TAJ

I want OT, OT, OT.
Original Leia, please.

Jaeger

The entire rest of the Pred 2 predators are up for pre-order on BBTS!

And those Joe's are awesome. The PoC line is one of my faves. Can't wait to have my Preds battle them to the death.

Top Bottom