• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Community Thread - FEEL THE HEAT!

Zach

Every time I see a Yakuza thread I'm like "ooooh, did I miss the release date for 5??"

You guys never fail to disappoint. -_-

xoxo

SephLuis

Great OT.

Just a few corrections, Kenzan was actually the first PS3 game for the series and Ishin is not a sequel for Kenzan.

Terra_Ex

Nice OT. Criminally underrated series with some fantastic moments and packed with quality content. Just need the release date for Y5 then I can move onto longing for 0!

cj_iwakura

Humble effort:

ymm.gif

Unless it should end on his shift in tone, heh.

NastyBook

Yakuza 4's ending boss battles were so damn sick. The entire cutscene that led up to the fights really the set the tone. I love Kazuma, but Akiyama is that fucking dude.

Anyone asking how it takes to finish those games need to understand that you can be easily be sidetracked ..

Those games, those times sinkers to the extreme.
i love them

Waiting for my JP language PS4 edition of Yakuza 0 to come.

Can anyone recommend a good translation, I've never had to use a translation before.

good thread.

i really like the series. i dont have explicit rankings for the games (i have played 1,2, and 3) but my impression is that 3 gets a lot of hate, which i dont think is warranted. i plan to play 4 sometime this year. a release date for 5 would probably provide the impetus i need to get started.

i would love to play kenzan and ishin but only speak english.

For anyone that has imported Ishin, will I easily be able to get from beginning to platinum by using that one fan translation site? I've never imported a game before, and dont speak or read any Japanese whatsoever. I am really interested in the game, but highly highly doubt it will come to the U.S.

Sgblues

Yeah I was suppose to point out that Kenzan was the first title on the PS3 and that Ishin isn't a sequel to it, I just kinda crashed after I made my post also you didn't link to the OT for Ishin, the person who made it said it looked nice!

#putMajimaInVF6

Hell yeah Majima(Kiryu too) for VF6, since he had won the poll for most popular RGG character, he's been getting more cameos and more time in the spotlight, which is a good thing.

Yeah the "Like a dragon" movie is just bad, they focus WAAAAY too much on these other characters who, are doing their own thing(its supposed to be like substories) and it makes the movie feel disjointed then it keeps going back and forth and is just a mess. The parts with Kiryu and Majima are good even if Majima's eyepatch is on the wrong eye haha.

I haven't watched the black panther live action stuff either but I think I remembered people saying it was good, I'll check it out when I have time to see if its more true to the games than "Like a dragon" should have been.

For anyone that has imported Ishin, will I easily be able to get from beginning to platinum by using that one fan translation site? I've never imported a game before, and dont speak or read any Japanese whatsoever. I am really interested in the game, but highly highly doubt it will come to the U.S.

Yes it is more than easy now thanks to people like KHHSUBS who, has tirelessly worked on his own translated guides for the sake of anyone who, has ever been interested in wanting to play the Ryu Ga Gotoku series. His Ishin guide is very in-depth and I highly recommend it and I myself used it on my second platinum run through of Ishin.

The Japanese wikis are also in-depth(and my first choice), sure some use of google translate is needed but they are for the most part easy to understand.

kouryakutsushin

dswiipspwikips3.jp (also has a youtube channel so even more in-depth for the walkthroughs)

Course if you have any questions, well can just ask also.

IrishNinja

RmkOT.jpg

mothfuckiin' right
few ground rules for this thread:

- errbody support y5 digital, i don't care bout your feelings
- no shenmue comparisons
- no one talks to totonberis because ya'll know why

sub'd, full support for my boy CJ. welcome yakuza-bros.

RmkOT.jpg

mothfuckiin' right

- no shenmue comparisons

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter

Tizoc

RmkOT.jpg

mothfuckiin' right

- no shenmue comparisons

I'm thinking of going the extra mile and make a giveaway of a Y5 code if Amazon offers it for sale.
Yes Amazon will sell codes for PSN digital games.

DC1

0 > Ishin > 4 > 3 > 5 = 1&2 HD = Kenzan = Black Panther >>> Dead Souls.
Why no Dead Souls Love???

I love that game. There's nothing like running through a horde of zombies to get to a Hosting joint to establish a little romance followed by a lightly "Thank you for last night" delivered vie in game text message.

You can't get that type of uses case anywhere else. Not in any OTHER GAME!

Much love to Dead Souls!

cj_iwakura

Heh, this reminds me. Everyone has to watch Sega's Yakuza 4 ad, the greatest thing ever.

I want to find the writer of this commercial and shake his hand.

So it's 9PM, Saturday, Tokyo... and understandably, you're looking for a good time.

You have two options: the tourist route, or for those of you feeling adventurous, you could experience the more... exciting parts of the city.

These guys are nasty: bad, bad people. You get my drift.

That man's voice is godlike. Sega: Y5 ads. Do it.

Sushi showdowns? Sure.

Motorcycle to the skull? Hell, why not.

The ladies love it.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Love this series so much, and really wish 1&2 HD would have released over here on either system. Pretty much no chance of that now eh?

Wolff

Beautiful thread. I've was itching for some yakuza recently and ended up replaying 4. Man i wish more games felt like that.

Anyway, now we just need to buy the shit out of 5 so Sega and Sony can bring Y0 to the west. We can do it.

Tailzo

Nice thread. The Yakuza games are really special, and two of their games are one of the very few I've imported from Japan.

Nice thread CJ, now it just needs a Gif of people getting shot by beaten foes who clearly should have been disarmed.

2>4>1>=3 for me. 2 was perfection! Tiger punching perfection!

(Insert Gif of Kiryu punching a tiger that I can't access because... work.)

Zambatoh

Heh, this reminds me. Everyone has to watch Sega's Yakuza 4 ad, the greatest thing ever.

I want to find the writer of this commercial and shake his hand.

So it's 9PM, Saturday, Tokyo... and understandably, you're looking for a good time.

You have two options: the tourist route, or for those of you feeling adventurous, you could experience the more... exciting parts of the city.

These guys are nasty: bad, bad people. You get my drift.

That man's voice is godlike. Sega: Y5 ads. Do it.

Sushi showdowns? Sure.

Motorcycle to the skull? Hell, why not.

The ladies love it.

I loved that commercial. It's a shame Sega never really puts any effort into showing trailers outside of youtube or facebook or whatever.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Ewww. Stop reminding people how awful Kazuma's taste in clothing is lol. He looks infinitely better in any other outfit he's worn during the series, including the wrestler one!

I can support it without purchasing right o.o? Like by telling peeps how its prolly a great game just like the rest of the main series has been?

DC1

:(

Why is the front page news not giving me my front page desires?
I need that Fall 2015 Yakzua release date (accessible through PSNOW)!!!

Top Bottom