• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 hype level check!

13ruce

Banned
Kingdom Hearts 3, God of War, Mario Odyssey, FFVII, Assassin Creed, Red Dead Redemption. Bethesda, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Square Enix and more.

My body is ready.

SpokkX

Nintendo - max level because of Switch. Retros game? AC? Wiiu ports?

Sony - will have good games but really only hyped for one thing: more From software exclusives??

Microsoft - perhaps they revive some rare stuff? Otherwise not so much

The Giant

Banned
I'm hyped.

Most hyped for Nintendo's. I sense that they are going all in this year.

Also hyped for Sony. As for Microsoft, they will always be a wet fart.

Neiteio

I have the same feeling about Nintendo's E3 this year that I had about Nintendo's E3 in 2014: It's going to be good.

Hopefully that's an accurate hunch, since Nintendo's E3 2014 was like the best E3 ever.

Sotha_Sil

Sitting at a 6/10 right now. Fortunately I'll be in the UAE from May 7-June 1, so by the time I come back Prey will be out and E3 will be right around the corner.

Farmboy

Should be a good one, yeah. Sony always brings it, Scorpio will be interesting, but I'm hyped for Nintendo in particular.

Arms, Splatoon 2, Zelda DLC and Mario Oddyssey is a good baseline, but I'm hoping for a comprehensive Virtual Console announcement and one or two big surprises (Smash, Retro's game).

smurfx

get some go again
only game i'm interested in seeing is the new marvel vs capcom game. maybe the new mario game as well.

Bluecondor

I'm hyped, and based on all of the games that have announced the past few years, I am confident E3 will have my full attention.

I am afraid that I am going to have my PSVR dreams crushed though.

But - if there are even one or two new promising PSVR titles announced, I think it will be a great E3 for me.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
FFVII REMAKE

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Very hyped to finally see Scorpio and the sheer morbid curiosity of whether they'll actually announce any new games as opposed to stuff we already know/expect. E3 shows are so much more exciting when there's new hardware being shown there. For me it's not quite as exciting when it's only games because games get delayed, cancelled or announced too early.

Fuck that noise.

Zero hype right now.

Nioh, Nier:A, Persona 5, Horizon, TLG, BoTW, SRWV, Splatoon 2, are still taking up all of my hype and game time.

Apparently my hype for E3 is inversely related to how many games I have to play.

I'm wierdly not that hyped this year. Unless there's some big surprises I feel like most of the big games of the past few years have either come out or leaked already. I get the sense Nintendo has already shown a good amount of what'll be out this year, and I've reached the point where I no longer expect a surprise Prime 4 announcement. Red Dead 2 and Mario Odyssey look great but I imagine there isn't a ton of amazing new things about them to get hyped over besides more of what we've already seen (as little as it is for Red Dead, admittedly). As much as I want KH3 news I doubt we'll get much of it.
I'm realistically just hoping for Switch VC info and a Cuphead release date.

Mathieran

Banned
I usually don't start getting hyped until insiders start saying stuff to get us pumped. Otherwise my expectations are low. This is a critical year for Microsoft and Nintendo so they need to deliver. And I don't think Sony wants to be forgotten so I'm sure they're gonna bring their best too.

Hoping for Spider-Man release date with new footage and maybe Horizon: ZD DLC announcement.

Gurish

"On the paper" this E3 seems really really promising, got a big potential to be one of the best ever, hopefully it will deliver.

emb

It's not even May yet. I try to keep myself from getting too caught up thinking about it until a couple weeks before.

Always interested to see what goes down, but I don't get as hyped these days anyway. Too many reality checks over the past few years.

Not very hyped right now. Think Sony have a lot of games already announced that we've seen so whilst new gameplay is fine I do love new games announced at E3. I'm sure they'll be lots of new surprises but no noise about anything yet. Maybe more solid dates would be nice too for the rest of the years lineup.

Interesting to see Nintendos lineup for the rest of the year. Right now it's barren and Mario needs to stun to make me care after its reveal. But regardless, it'll be a while, if at all, that I invest in their platform so if there is some gems announced, I won't be playing them for a few years. But they'll need to come out all guns blazing to impress.

Kind of lost interest in anything MS. New IPs, if any, announced just would feel too little, too late at this point in the cycle. Plus there would have to be a barrage of them on Sonys level to make me invest. I think that's next to impossible. New hardware simply won't cut it.

Servbot24

Banned
PS4 has so many great games that I'm not even hungry for more right now.
XBox has so few great games right now that I feel unenthusiastic, but I am curious how they will approach things from a business side.
Nintendo is the most interesting to me. I have no idea what they'll do.

ArjanN

Many games are multiplatform, including MS games now. I don't see how this is not for PC folks?

It'll be amusing to see the first party presentations once again dancing around the fact that 90% of the games shown are also coming to PC, although to be fair MS has mostly moved away from that.

Zero hype right now.

Nioh, Nier:A, Persona 5, Horizon, TLG, BoTW, SRWV, Splatoon 2, are still taking up all of my hype and game time.

Apparently my hype for E3 is inversely related to how many games I have to play.

This is true for me to an extent, but summer is generally a bit slower with new releases.
Also, certain big announcements carry enough weight to get me hyped regardless, like, say:

My hype for E3 this year is DMC5/10.

It's 10/10 if the game is there....0/10 if it's not there.

So god damn all in on DMC5. I have waited too long.

Haha, even just for your sake I hope it's time. In terms of stuff Capcom has announced and general timing I think DMC5 actually has a decent shot of being announced.

Compsiox

Banned
I'm going to college in the Fall so I don't know how much time to play games.

This alone has kind of brought my hype down for game announcements.

Not very hyped right now. Think Sony have a lot of games already announced that we've seen so whilst new gameplay is fine I do love new games announced at E3. I'm sure they'll be lots of new surprises but no noise about anything yet. Maybe more solid dates would be nice too for the rest of the years lineup.

Interesting to see Nintendos lineup for the rest of the year. Right now it's barren and Mario needs to stun to make me care after its reveal. But regardless, it'll be a while, if at all, that I invest in their platform so if there is some gems announced, I won't be playing them for a few years. But they'll need to come guns blazing to impress.

Kind of lost interest in anything MS. New IPs, if any, announced just would feel too little, too late at this point in the cycle. Plus there would have to be a barrage of them on Sonys level to make me invest. I think that's next to impossible. New hardware simply won't cut it.

The thing is publishers are announcing games outside of E3 now whereas before we'd get surprise after surprise during the conferences. Bandai Namco recently announced their game, EA already provided information on Battlefront 2, Red Dead 2 has already been announced and as we get closer to E3 I'm sure we'll get more announcements.

celsowmbr

Banned
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=50789

Hyper over 9000!

hqdefault.jpg

I'm looking forward to the increasing levels of craziness in the final days leading up to E3. E3 Bear a few years back was so funny!

Excited to see what's in store for my Switch for late 2017 / early 2018. Need 2-3 big announcements.

Kyrios

Honestly, I'm more interested in playing the truckload of games that either came out or coming out this year than worry about what's on the horizon. It's only April and I'm already satisfied for the year lol

Vibranium

Banned
The only things that would probably make me super excited through the moon would be Brothers in Arms 4, Dino Crisis reboot, Agent, Fallout Obsidian and RE2make being shown.

All of these will not be there. Only one is actually going to come out in a couple years.

Rektash

3-4/10

The only games I am currently interested in that (maybe) have a chance of being shown are:

- new FROM Software game
- Monster Hunter (be it a new Switch game or XX western release announcement)
- Shin Megami Tensei HD (probably won't be shown just yet)

That's all that comes to my mind right now.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm not hyped yet since I have plenty games to play with, and Sony and Nintendo haven't announce their dates yet. I'm totally aware that Nintendo is more likely to schedule their event on June 13.

Really looking forward to E3 this year, it should be very interesting.

Microsoft have everything to prove with Scorpio and hopefully lots of games to go with it. Sony had 2 very strong E3's, can they make it 3 in a row and stop Microsoft stealing the show with Scorpio. Also Nintendo have to bring the games to show Switch isn't going to go the same way as the Wii U.

I'm also looking forward to all the prediction shows from guys like Easy Allies and Kinda Funny ect, as they are always fun to watch, especially Easy Allies.

Top Bottom