• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4'S SPIDER-MAN UNDERSTANDS WHAT MAKES A GREAT HERO

Slayven

i hope i can choose to ignore the debris

sometimes i just want to be a zero fucks given spider-man

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-27-2015/L5ufZR.gif[/IM][/QUOTE]
[SPOILER]A Spider assassin game would be awesome[/SPOILER]
[QUOTE][IMG]http://www.chasingamazingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/WhatIf-SpiderMan-Wolverine-04.jpg

Jumeira

Banned
Got a lot to live up to compared to Rocksteady's masterpieces. No game has captured the superhero feel like thier games, the world convinces you that you are the god damn Batman.

It's nice to to see Spiderman copying some of Rocksteady's mechanics, I think the brawling system still needs work, the bad guys wait for Spidey to complete his fancy twirls before they react, which throw me off a few times, but the rest (apart from the horrible QTEs) looked promising. Web slinging needs work too, but I have faith in insomniac.

behindandinazssh.png
Did you do this? Lmao

Falchion

It'll be interesting to see how Insomniac's built in animations to make sure no one dies will impact the gameplay. Hopefully it won't ever feel forced or result in not being able to do what you want in combat because you get roped into some kind of save animation.

It'll be interesting to see how Insomniac's built in animations to make sure no one dies will impact the gameplay. Hopefully it won't ever feel forced or result in not being able to do what you want in combat because you get roped into some kind of save animation.

This.

People are so quick to hate QTEs, when those were clearly set pieces that only happen during big moments of the game.

What people should be more worried about is the speed of the game. Spider-Man looked quite slow both during the fights and chasing that helicopter.

Press X to make me stop.

Welp
People are so quick to hate QTEs, when those were clearly set pieces that only happen during big moments of the game.

What people should be more worried about is the speed of the game. Spider-Man looked quite slow both during the fights and chasing that helicopter.
Bringing logic into this discussion? lol

Also I do agree about the speed during the fight but the actual web slinging seemed fine to me. It seemed "chunky" yet it didn't look restrictive if that makes sense. And the speed of the fight might have been because the person demoing was deliberately trying to play it slower rather than countering everything and flipping all over the place (probably because they can't show off all the stuff that you can do in combat)

Bringing logic into this discussion? lol

Also I do agree about the speed during the fight but the actual web slinging seemed fine to me. It seemed "chunky" yet it didn't look restrictive if that makes sense. And the speed of the fight might have been because the person demoing was deliberately trying to play it slower rather than countering everything and flipping all over the place (probably because they can't show off all the stuff that you can do in combat)
I felt like the web slinging lacked the proper momentum. Like, he didn't gain as much speed as I expected him to, and looked like he was swinging at a limited speed, if that makes sense.

For fighting, I thought even the normal combos weren't fast enough. At the very least I expected him to be as fast as Batman in Arkham series.

I felt like the web slinging lacked the proper momentum. Like, he didn't gain as much speed as I expected him to, and looked like he was swinging at a limited speed, if that makes sense.

For fighting, I thought even the normal combos weren't fast enough. At the very least I expected him to be as fast as Batman in Arkham series.
Yeah, I get what you mean. The swinging did indeed seem to be slower but it might be because the slower speed gives you a finer degree of control? Perhaps it's an option where you can go faster but have less directional control? Or perhaps they want swinging to be the stable way of getting around but the catapult maneuver where he pulls himself forward using the web to be the method for pure speed. There's a lot of possibilities but I hope they clear more of this up in the future.

Again, it specifically looked like the person playing was not moving around that heavily. To be honest, I'd be more fine with Spider-Man being more of a "try to hit me a 100 times, you'll never get me" type of fighter where he prioritizes counters and moving around the enemy rather than a "I'll have you all on the ground in a matter of seconds" type of fighter like Batman who just punched you in the face and broke your bones.

Yeah, I get what you mean. The swinging did indeed seem to be slower but it might be because the slower speed gives you a finer degree of control? Perhaps it's an option where you can go faster but have less directional control? Or perhaps they want swinging to be the stable way of getting around but the catapult maneuver where he pulls himself forward using the web to be the method for pure speed. There's a lot of possibilities but I hope they clear more of this up in the future.

Again, it specifically looked like the person playing was not moving around that heavily. To be honest, I'd be more fine with Spider-Man being more of a "try to hit me a 100 times, you'll never get me" type of fighter where he prioritizes counters and moving around the enemy rather than a "I'll have you all on the ground in a matter of seconds" type of fighter like Batman who just punched you in the face and broke your bones.

Oh I'm sure there is a reason behind their decision to have Spider-Man move at this speed. I'm just saying that regardless of that, I don't like what I'm seeing. Because to me, Spider-Man has to be a very fast dude and the current speed is just not doing it.

SeppOCE

There needs to be more saving people in superhero games

That'd be easy if Super Hero games actually bothered to show that people even existed.

The Arkham series especially didn't even bother trying to give us human NPC's that could potentially be attacked by thugs

Top Bottom