• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita games (OVER 150 games with screens inside!) L@@K

damn kodoku is a psvita game? i thought it was coming for the PS4
#HasNoGames

kidding btw, i hope sony re-stocks the vita. i guess ill have to buy the borderlands bundle if thats the only thing available right now

I want to buy like 90% of those games... That means i need at least 2 x 64gb cards because no Retails.

Also : Didnt know that Luc Bernard is making Reaper... so i wont even try it.

legacyzero

Banned
Great lineup. Minecraft, Starbound, Rogue Legacy, Duke Nukem, Freedom Wars, Broforce

George-Takei-oh-my.jpg
All day one for me. Especially Minecraft, Starbound, and Rogue Legacy. PERFECT handheld games.

VLiberty

I was going to add that but then I realized something must be wrong when even New N Tasty is coming out before it :/

You're right, they're developed by two different team though.
They keep saying that it's stil coming:
https://twitter.com/Disionity/status/489478501205282816
Yup, and it's pretty much done, we're just waiting for NnT to be done then we'll get it signed off by Sony ;)
Let's hope it will come out sooner rather than later, as the dev himself points out this Vita port has been in development since May 2011

Oh, and sorry, I was forgetting to thank you for the great work! :D

Zareka

Wait, what? Duke on Vita? Demon Gaze 2? Skullgirls??? Loads of those other games look interesting too. Vita gonna get some lovin'
as soon as they bring over the 64GB at a sensible price

yaffi

You also listed games that haven't been announced for the west yet. Did you do this on purpose? If yes, you can add those too:

Ar no Surge Plus: Umareizuru Hoshi he inoru Shi
Bullet Girls
Chou Jijigen Game Neptune Re: Birth 2 Sisters Generation
Ciel Nosurge Offline: Ushinawareta Hoshi e Sasagu Shi
Chronos Materia
Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax
Destroyer Trillion
Dungeon Travelers 2 Ouritsu Toshokan to Mamono no Fuuin
Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki II
IA/VT Colorful
Ken no Machi no Ihoujin -Kuro no Kyuuden-
Labyrinth Crossblood Infinity Ultimate
Lost Dimension
Monster Hunter Frontier G
Shin Hayarigami
Tokyo Shinseiroku: Operation Abyss
Ultra Dimension Action Neptunia U

and several Visual Novel-style games.

I can add pics if needed.

Abdiel

Wait, what? Duke on Vita? Demon Gaze 2? Skullgirls??? Loads of those other games look interesting too. Vita gonna get some lovin'
as soon as they bring over the 64GB at a sensible price

I got mine through an import for just a little over $100 with the shipping included. Considering that my 32GB was full, and when I checked the standard prices for a 64GB Micro SD as still being in the 60-100 range, I said fuck it. My vita is my biggest quality gaming investment right now in terms of sheer array of titles I own for it.

FDC1

Great topic. TC, I suppose by upcoming, you mean "upcoming in US"? Because some of this games have already been released in Europe.

Certinty

Great thread.

Thought my Vita was going to become a device I only use for remote play, but looking at those games thankfully there are a few which interest me.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be grabbing a handful of those but it's still a bit of a bummer to look through that list. It's a great platform for people who love Japanese games and indies, but I couldn't recommend the system to most of my gamer friends who have more "standard" western-retail tastes.

Yeah I'll probably ditch mine for a playstation TV. I was mostly interested in the Vita for remote play, but didn't think through how the lack of buttons would make that suck for a lot of games. And I've gotten through the AAA games that interest me on it.

So a PS TV probably makes more sense for me as I can just stream the ps4 to my second TV when the fiancé is using the main one (only it has cable). That old TV is 720p anyway so the downgrade is fine.

I've also already played Tearaway and Uncharted. which were the only two incompatible games that interest me since I tend to hate things that use touchscreens or gyros for gameplay.

FDC1

Jazz: Trump's Jourrney and Motogp 14 should be already out in Europe, yes.

Invizimals: The Alliance, Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse Episode 2, The Walking Dead: Season Two (first 3 episodes), TOM: Arena and Skeleton Rider too

Steroyd

And here I thought I was knowledgeable and of Vita games coming out, some stuff I was completely unaware that's right up my alley.

AmuroChan

Thanks for putting this list together! Lots of games that I'm interested in. Hopefully most of those JP games will be localized. I really want PS Nova.

Nosgoroth

Tons of games I want on that list. But first, tons of games I wanted in my memory card. Now playing: Atelier Rorona Plus.

Great thread OP. Despite being an avid Vita supporter, I wasn't aware of almost half of the titles. 2014 is truly the year of Vita. So many good games.

Ah, looks like I have plenty of reason to keep my Vita around.

Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition
Freedom Wars
The Firefly Diary
Hyper Light Drifter
Oreshika
Shinovi Versus
Skullgirls Encore
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Futuridium EP Deluxe
Rogue Legacy
Natural Doctrine
Axiom Verge
Heart Forth, Alicia
Persona 4 Dancing All Night
Titan Souls
Hotline Miami 2
Grim Fandango
Atelier Ayesha Plus

Bolded the games I'll certainly be getting. The other games I'm mostly curious about. I've already played a ton of Rogue Legacy on PC anyway and I don't think starting over would be much fun.

I'm gonna need a bigger memory card...

Thank you for making this list, loads of fantastic games coming up. Here are some I'll be purchasing.

Frozen Synapse: Tactics
Freedom Wars (don't know how I forgot to put this down)
Guns Up
Helldivers
Hyper Light Drifter
Liege
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus
Swords & Some Magic
Table Top Racing
Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate
Natural Doctrine
Samurai Warriors 4
Axiom Verge
Project Phoenix
Mighty No. 9
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Assault Android Cactus
Dragon Fin Soup
Drifter
Tiny Troopers: Joint Ops

And Phantasy Star Nova + Toukiden Extreme if localized... I think I am going to need a bigger card.

BigDug13

Yeah I'll probably ditch mine for a playstation TV. I was mostly interested in the Vita for remote play, but didn't think through how the lack of buttons would make that suck for a lot of games. And I've gotten through the AAA games that interest me on it.

So a PS TV probably makes more sense for me as I can just stream the ps4 to my second TV when the fiancé is using the main one (only it has cable). That old TV is 720p anyway so the downgrade is fine.

I've also already played Tearaway and Uncharted. which were the only two incompatible games that interest me since I tend to hate things that use touchscreens or gyros for gameplay.

My main problem with remote play is the fact that I want my PS4 experience to be a latency-free 1080p experience at 5.1 surround sound. Not a tiny screen 2 channel input latency experience. So even if the input lag didn't bother me, I'm still getting a cut down experience on my $60 PS4 game. I guess for a grindy game or game I'll keep playing like Diablo 3 or something similar, it might be an adequate experience when not near my PS4. But for a game I'm likely to play through only once? I want to experience that the best way possible.

elektrixx

Banned
To be fair I looked at these screens with my phone, but the only ones that interested me are coming to PC like Borderlands and Tetris.

If it weren't for system updates and downloading PS Plus games without playing them I'd never run my Vita.

stryke

I'm curious to see how Soul Saga will turn out. Most likely I won't buy it but that game went through a pretty controversial development.

I'm ok with the download heavy future of the Vita. I love the little thing, despite its floppage in the market, and the games coming soon look good.

What I'm not ok with is the continue gouging of memory card prices, and the awkward process of turning off the system to change cards, only to find that anything not in a folder gets scrambled about wily-nily when you switch cards back in.

That, and not even bothering to officially release the 64 GB card in the US market. If you're going to make your console a download-dependent indie console, make it easy to have plenty of memory to download things. Solve that, and I can accept the rest.

I know we've had this discussion before, but it's a shame that even the indies the Vita is getting are at least half ports from other platforms. So long as people like NISA, XSEED, Aksys and Atlus keep bringing Japanese games over, though, we'll be okay (because as much as I want to believe games like Metrico and Hohokum can carry the system, they really can't).

P.S. I really don't know why but I want someone to announce a North American release of IA/VT. I know it's club cheese but the song in this trailer is better than every Hatsune Miku song I've ever heard.

whitehawk

Banned
1. You forgot Gravity Rush 2

2. These are pretty much all indie games. Nothing wrong with that, but I really want some high budget 3D games. I don't need original games either, just some ports.

IA/VT Colorful

I am really considering importing this, the gameplay looks great and including the analog stick in the gameplay looks like it'll make it extra difficult for me. With Hatsune Miku getting localizations, I'm kind of hoping this will too. Will have to just wait and see!

Silky

Banned
Most of these games are stuff I already own on PS3 or PC. I don't buy handhelds to relive experiences I have on consoles unless it's a damn fine game worth replaying. There are some bright spots but I still don't regret selling my Vita. It just isn't doing anything for me library-wise.

But Ill say that for everyone else not in my scenario this is an okay lineup.

Now if that Digimon game made it overseas...

RK128

What a great thread OP :D! I have been a bit negative about the Vita myself lately (its not like Sony makes hard; it seems like they say stupid things every week or something XD) but seeing that HUGE list of great games, I feel better about the system :).

Granted, I don't know if I'm going to get ALL of them but a great number of them look great and it further shows how the indie scene exploding on Vita really is giving the platform some new life. For some reason, Indie games just fell 'right' on Vita, either that is from the OLED screen in the 1000 model, the great D-Pad or just the ease of play via suspend/resume feature, they feel and play great the device, so the more of them the better :D!

It is also great to see more and more JP games get localized over here; while I am a bit irked about the whole Oaskoka thing, at least we are getting the game in US and EU :). I don't mind digital only if it means great games have a shot of coming over here.

Thank you for the thread OP, you are bringing some positivity back to talking about the Vita again :D!

Zareka

I got mine through an import for just a little over $100 with the shipping included. Considering that my 32GB was full, and when I checked the standard prices for a 64GB Micro SD as still being in the 60-100 range, I said fuck it. My vita is my biggest quality gaming investment right now in terms of sheer array of titles I own for it.

Huh, $100? That's certainly better than the £80-90 I'm seeing in the UK. Where'd you buy from?

So Starbound is 2015 easily right considering the scale? I am so excited to play Minecraft. Its going to be such a great "Chilling out on the couch" game.

EGOMON

As Vita owner i learned to ignore all the "Vita is dead" and "No gamez" crap long time ago i have been enjoying my Vita since launch i also have learned that the people who hate on Vita at every chance are people who don't even own it

Most of these games are stuff I already own on PS3 or PC. I don't buy handhelds to relive experiences I have on consoles unless it's a damn fine game worth replaying. There are some bright spots but I still don't regret selling my Vita. It just isn't doing anything for me library-wise.

But Ill say that for everyone else not in my scenario this is an okay lineup.

Now if that Digimon game made it overseas...

Serious question.... If people purchase consoles and PC for mostly AAA experience, why is that the Vita, which some of these games are perfect on, are better experiences on a big set PC and PS3? I'm not coming at you about your choice or anything but just want some insight as to why someone would rather play these small indie games via kb/m and a controller.

Nyoro SF

As Vita owner i learned to ignore all the "Vita is dead" and "No gamez" crap long time ago i have been enjoying my Vita since launch i also have learned that the people who hate on Vita at every chance are people who don't even own it

Yeah I noticed that. Strange weirdos who follow sheep mentality drive by with "no games" in Vita threads likely don't own the system at all and just want to get their rocks off.

I'm actually buying too many games for this thing. lol

Top Bottom