• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors DLC fully revealed

I think they leaned a bit too hard into waifuism when picking the roster.
Normally I don't seem to mind waifuism at all. Or at least I don't register it.

This is the first game where I'm actually annoyed by it.

It's weird.

I really want that Special Edition extras though!

Azura and Tharja are fine I guess, but the rest of their respective packs suck so much ass lol... Shadow Dragon is the only thing saving this season pass.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
What disappoints me the most among the DLC and roster is no villain characters are presented as playable. That just baffles me.

Where's Gharnef and the other evil people at?

Kinsei

Banned
What disappoints me the most among the DLC and roster is no villain characters are presented as playable. That just baffles me.

Where's Gharnef and the other evil people at?

I don;t think we'll be getting playable villains. They wouldn't work with the support system.

BaconHat

If the history maps are as fun as the ones from Hyrule warriors, then i'm in.

Bit of a shame that they have so few new costumes. Trying to guess which costumes and recolor came from which game in hyrule warriors was great.

Golnei

The DLC roster could have been decent without characters already in the game - with more of the bases covered, they could completely branch out into representing the games' casts. Something like...

*Azura
*Kagero or Felicia
*Effie

*Tharja
*Gaius
*Olivia

*Minerva
*Linde
*Wrys

That along with the characters already in the roster would bring things closer to being a decent lineup.

Normally I don't seem to mind waifuism at all. Or at least I don't register it.

This is the first game where I'm actually annoyed by it.

It's weird.

I really want that Special Edition extras though!

It's an exceptionally odd place to be annoyed by it, given that this is not only a Fire Emblem game, but a game focused on Fire Emblem series fanservice. Would you rather they didn't choose from well-liked, popular characters?

It's an exceptionally odd place to be annoyed by it, given that this is not only a Fire Emblem game, but a game focused on Fire Emblem series fanservice. Would you rather they didn't choose from well-liked, popular characters?
Hmm...maybe not annoyed. But they could have made some different choices. I love Fates but I don't think all the Lords should be there (as stupid as that sounds).

Again though it's the waifuism in this particular game that affects me oddly. I still want it to succeed though. It should.

I didn't know that.
I believe they were released on a weekly bases a few weeks after the game released. So if you stop playing by then, you probabrly didn't get a chance to play.

They were free downloads at least. Although one character in particular you could get was highly unnecessary.

Even if a theoritical Fire Emblem Warriors 2 focused on Elibe/Tellius/Fire Emblem 2018, it would still have Marth. He's the face of the franchise, he's not getting left out.
I know, I know. But let my dreams be dreams ;;

Also I'd hope that FEW 2 wouldn't be focused on Elibe/Tellius/FE 2018. I'd hope that it was evenly distributed across all games... except Shadow Dragon... and no lords from FE7 :3

batfax

Also I'd hope that FEW 2 wouldn't be focused on Elibe/Tellius/FE 2018. I'd hope that it was evenly distributed across all games... except Shadow Dragon... and no lords from FE7 :3

Good luck with that, since Lyn is already in the first game. I don't see any reason most of the current roster wouldn't be included in the next go around considering how little effort it would be.

I mostly just hope a FEW 2 manages to include at least one character from each game after all the complaints this go around. Even if it was just some random that was made popular by Heroes.

Even if a theoritical Fire Emblem Warriors 2 focused on Elibe/Tellius/Fire Emblem 2018, it would still have Marth. He's the face of the franchise, he's not getting left out.

Oh Marth better not be or get forgotten. I mean he is what started the series in the first place and personally, he gets the most respect and favoritism/love from me. He is the greatest. He must stay inclusive in all Fire Emblem games.

ryseing

Eliwood is admittedly trash but not wanting Hector? What?

Even if you don't like the character he's at least drastically different than most of the other Lords.

I mostly just hope a FEW 2 manages to include at least one character from each game after all the complaints this go around. Even if it was just some random that was made popular by Heroes.

That would mean Nino would be in, which hell yes.

Chie Satonaka91

Neo Member

Well, it's highly likely they would focus on 3 games again for FEW 2. There was an interview with the devs in which they stated that they wanted characters like Ike and Roy to star in a sequel. So that's two slots taken by Tellius and Elibe. The 3rd slot is definitely going to Fire Emblem 2018, the new game is definitely getting representation.

Eliwood is admittedly trash but not wanting Hector? What?

Even if you don't like the character he's at least drastically different than most of the other Lords.

That would mean Nino would be in, which hell yes.
Eliwood is the lord I hate the least from that game. I hate all of their personalities and they turned out all terribly in all 3 playthroughs I had of FE7. So yeah, I hate Hector too.

If we just went for someone different, I'd just take Ephraim. He's not the best but I like him enough.

But we agree on Nino, Nino is awesome!

jnWake

If FEW2 exists it will have FE Switch, probably FE6-7 and maybe one of Ike's games.

Doubt they'll pick a Japan exclusive game, although Heroes has made those heroes more visible.

batfax

If FEW2 exists it will have FE Switch, probably FE6-7 and maybe one of Ike's games.

Doubt they'll pick a Japan exclusive game, although Heroes has made those heroes more visible.

The only way I see Judgral being chosen (since it's the only FE world at the moment that is completely Japan-only) is if FEW 2 is far enough in the future that remakes are announced after FE Switch. Which sucks, since I love those characters (Thracia was my first game in the series back in 2000) but I can only imagine any of them being DLC outside the main roster until a remake happens.

jwhit28

That's a little disappointing. I don't care for Niles, Owain, or Olivia. I understand that Owain touches a lot of bases being the only 2nd generation kid in Awakening and Fates related to Awakening royalty. I would have liked to see Donnel, Effie, and Panne or Kaden.

Giga Man

It did? Are you referring to the spotpass bonus characters?
Yes, six, including a completely new character who claims to be a descendant of Ike.

There were extra chapters where you could recuirt characters after beating the game.

They all had supports conversations as well
Only with the avatar, though. However, in the Hot Springs Scramble DLC, all six have unique conversations with other specific characters.

Although one character in particular you could get was highly unnecessary.
If you're referring to who I think you're referring to, and it's not the one I alluded to above, then I agree with you. It just felt wrong on all fronts.

Oboro is the best and I'm happy to see her get a spot.
Oboro is the best! :D

ASaiyan

Banned
I'm with you, but like it or not Awakening pretty much saved Fire Emblem in the west and Fates is the best the series has ever done financially I think. Shadow Dragon seems to be their favorite to shoehorn into whatever they can so it really makes perfect sense that these are the three Nintendo seems to push the most. Those of us that started with Fire Emblem 7 in the west may not care for that, but we probably wouldn't have Fire Emblem over here at all had Awakening bombed
I'm actually a 'new' Fire Emblem fan myself, lol; I started with Awakening, and I seem to be one of the few people on GAF who loves Fates. It just seems absurd to me that a 'Fire Emblem musou' has such a narrow focus, especially with the rich cast we got in Hyrule Warriors. As a longtime Smash fan, I need my boys Ike and Roy at the very least.

Top Bottom